Robert Plant 2010 Tour

Do you think RP will add more US dates after his tour in Europe? I'm going to be really bummed out if doesn't come back this way (Northeast of US). I'm loving the setlist I see he's been doing!

I was fortunate enough to meet zeppatic at the Phoenix show. He missed the opening act, and I was figuring his plane was delayed, but he showed up just seconds before Robert took the stage, saying he'd driven in from LA.

Dont get me wrong, I love Robert. He's a great singer from the best rock band ever but I just can't make myself enjoy what he's doing now.

The keyword there is "make". Either you like something or you don't, there's no need in trying to force yourself into liking it. Some folks will forever associate him with Led Zeppelin, then there are those that are more accepting of his career path. If anything, it may be best to let go of the past and accept Plant on his own terms. He's done it, why can't more of his "fans" do it? No wonder he wants no part of a Zeppelin reunion.

I'm glad I'm in the ranks of those who are no longer Robert Plant concert virgins! Ha Ha! The man is pure magic.

We (ZeppFanForever, my sister and myself) had an amazing experience in Austin.

Bustle: I'm not sure who discovered you were from LZ. All I know is when ZeppFanForever started to introduce you to me by saying, "This is Bustle...", I couldn't help but blurt out the rest of the introduction, "in my Hedgerow." Ha Ha! So happy to meet you. I'm sorry if I told you for the millioneth time you look like Drew Barrymore. Ha Ha!

Thanks to MadScreamin'Gallery for the private tour of the facility wherein I was able to watch Robert practice before the show.

The music was out of this world! The band was outstanding! Patti Griffin harmonized so well with Robert. One of my favorite parts of the evening is when someone else took the microphone and Robert faded to the back of the stage to play his harmonica. So humble. So beautiful.

It truly was the total Robert Plant experience.

I could go on and on...

Lovely meeting everyone! If any of you still haven't seen the show and have the opportunity, DO IT!

Barb

Glad y'all got to meet and had a good time. :)

R B)

The keyword there is "make". Either you like something or you don't, there's no need in trying to force yourself into liking it. Some folks will forever associate him with Led Zeppelin, then there are those that are more accepting of his career path. If anything, it may be best to let go of the past and accept Plant on his own terms. He's done it, why can't more of his "fans" do it? No wonder he wants no part of a Zeppelin reunion.

What I meant to say is, I CAN"T GET INTO IT. And my version of "make" means that I was forcing myself to like it because it's Plant. But if I have to force myself, I'm not feeling it. I love alot of solo Robert Plant, and I own most of the albums, but This stuff doesnt grab me at all. Even if it IS Robert Plant. So yeah, I have moved on-a long time ago. Just because it's Robert Plant doesnt mean I have to like it, nor do I associate his new music with his past.

What I meant to say is, I CAN"T GET INTO IT. And my version of "make" means that I was forcing myself to like it because it's Plant. But if I have to force myself, I'm not feeling it. I love alot of solo Robert Plant, and I own most of the albums, but This stuff doesnt grab me at all. Even if it IS Robert Plant. So yeah, I have moved on-a long time ago. Just because it's Robert Plant doesnt mean I have to like it, nor do I associate his new music with his past.

If you moved on a long time ago...why are you bothering to post within a "Robert Plant 2010 Tour" thread?

Love,

Billy

Review from the Mobile, Alabama show 7/28.

From al.com:

http://blog.al.com/e...expectatio.html

^

Did the encore contain some Zep? Of course. But the band finished with something else entirely, a bit of a cappella gospel.

And that was just one more thing Plant couldn't do on that reunion tour so many fans dream of.

A CAPPELLA GOSPEL !!??!! :o Give me a break !

And you bet, this rock fan would've been highly disappointed especially in a Led Zeppelin context. It was enough with Alison.

OH PLEASE !!!

^

A CAPPELLA GOSPEL !!??!! :o Give me a break !

And you bet, this rock fan would've been highly disappointed especially in a Led Zeppelin context. It was enough with Alison.

OH PLEASE !!!

The "a capella gospel" number is We Bid You Goodnight aka A Very Cellular Song. Robert has spoken many times about trying to get Zeppelin to perform this number by The Incredible String Band as a closer. He did it during a charity gig in London a few months back.

Love,

Billy

And it was the perfect closer, as the show had built up so much energy by that time that they needed something to chill the audience out and draw the show to a close, literally bidding people goodnight. Beautiful. (Though I personally wouldn 't have objected if Robert had also sung the "Amoeba Song" part. :D )

If you moved on a long time ago...why are you bothering to post within a "Robert Plant 2010 Tour" thread?

Love,

Billy

Hey Billy Jean, if you have intelligence you will understand what I wrote before you make comments.."moving on" means accepting Roberts solo carreer after Zeppelin which is what this thread is...ya goof ball.

Hey guys.. chill out. Listen to some music and remember what it is that brought us here in the first place. It's easy to get caught up in the whole now vs then thing.. but just remember, the music united us in the first place... it obviously struck a chord with all of us. Never forget that.

*Yes, I am an eternal optimist. :hippy:

I think it's funny that people cry and whine cause Robert does his own thing and doesn't do The Zep Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Leave it alone!

What you see is what you get

At least Robert does what he feels is right!

Raising Sand swept the Grammys! What more could you ask for? He proved his point!

Them Crooked Vultures was a MUCH needed hard rock CD, in today's music scene, a GREAT SHOW, for those who havent seen them!

The best thing jimmy Page has put out recently is It Might Get Loud, which was him RE-DOING the same old, same old! Even thought I loved it!

Christ why has this forum turned into A BASH PLANT FORUM

I've seen the Plant Man 19 times---- NEVER A DULL MOMENT!!!!!!!!!

I hope he does whatever he wants, till he cant, but, I always get off on his music!

Just my 2 cents!

There may have been some mentions bashing Plant personally, but I see most posts as "bashing" the music/arrangements/choice of material.

I think people like you can't stand any criticism aimed at NOT liking the music etc. then 'see' it as being critical of the person. This forum is all about fan remarks both positive and negative. You voice that. I'd bet Robert himself would have that over nothing but those who LOVE his new music to speak out. Then again he may not care, his choice. But WE as fans, I believe, are nearly obligated to voice our personal opinions. And that will include dislikes of styles or whatever of our band members undertakings.

For instance, we may see Beatle "bashing" or Pink Floyd "bashing" and not speak about it because it's not as personal, say, to a Led Zeppelin fan. But speak ill of an LZ's direction, then all of a sudden its about "you can't go back" or "give up the Led Zeppelin wanting". It's not always about that. Maybe it's just that some forum members don't like the Americana or mellower or gospely type of territory a member has gone in. The forum member may realize that LZ IS in the past, but want ROCKING numbers, not some watered down (my own words, who else's could they be?) stylings of familiar favorites or Americana tunes for the rest of the set. I have many friends my age who've mellowed with their music tastes and listen to the likes of Jimmy Buffet or Shawn Colvin or even GAG....Kenny G type of stuff. But I still like my ROCK...rockin' !!!! I may get 'old' someday, but I haven't gotten there yet.

I LOVE The Beatles. I LOVE everything they did, but I can't stand some of the solo material eg. "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney. CAN'T STAND IT ! Does that mean I'm bashing Paul or The Beatles ? NO, it means he did some music that is HORRID in my view. And I'll speak it.

If critically adverse posts are so villified on a forum, what's the point of a forum. IDOL WORSHIP only ? Accentuate the positive but don't censor the negative. Read it if only to reinforce your own views which may be polar opposite or you might even find a 'drawback' you agree with, in part.

blah blah blah...

Oh please. No one is censoring you. No one is stopping you from posting your opinions, but don't be surprised when your "Mary Mary Quite Contrary" deliberate attempts to provoke get what you deserve. Take the well deserved responses like an adult. And why not be done with it and set up a "I hate Robert's new project" thread? I'm sure you and that other clueless ernie "rock historian" would have a grand old time. See if you can enlist that nitwit S. Thompson from FBO while you're at it, and grab Blue Congo from r-o.com. Form a group and give it a punchy name like "The Mary Contraries." Put your thinking caps on.

Thanks for the set lists. Steve A. Jones have you calibrated all the song length times into an EXCEL spread sheet yet? Chop chop, old bean, the world is waiting.

Love,

Billy

Thanks for sharing the experience .Sounds like everyone had a great time ! Now all I need is for him to come to Vancouver unsure.gif

Glad y'all got to meet and had a good time. :)

R B)

Thanks guys. :)

Hey guys.. chill out. Listen to some music and remember what it is that brought us here in the first place. It's easy to get caught up in the whole now vs then thing.. but just remember, the music united us in the first place... it obviously struck a chord with all of us. Never forget that.

*Yes, I am an eternal optimist. :hippy:

I am too - and being that has served me well throughout my life...I hope you hold onto that eternal optimism throughout your life too.

Your :hippy: reminded me: There were several times I caught Robert exchanging glances with those of us who were in the front row but the best was at one point when I looked at Robert and saw he was grinning and looking so delighted or amused either at your dancing or the fact that so many people, including the old(er) gray-haired guys behind you, were openly lighting up right in front of him, so close to him that he could get a contact high when he bent down to check his setlist. Whatever it was that made him grin like that, it was so sweet to see that after so many years Robert still has the capacity to genuinely smile at his audience. :hippy:

Edited for spelling and grammar.

I am too - and being that has served me well throughout my life...I hope you hold onto that eternal optimism throughout your life too.

Your :hippy: reminded me: There were several times I caught Robert exchanging glances with those of us who were in the front row but the best was at one point when I looked at Robert and saw he was grinning and looking so delighted or amused either at your dancing or the fact that so many people, including the old(er) gray-haired guys behind you, were openly lighting up right in front of him, so close to him that he could get a contact high when he bent down to check his setlist. Whatever it was that made him grin like that, it was so sweet to see that after so many years Robert still has the capacity to genuinely smile at his audience. :hippy:

And still has an eye for the ladies ;):D

There may have been some mentions bashing Plant personally, but I see most posts as "bashing" the music/arrangements/choice of material.

I think people like you can't stand any criticism aimed at NOT liking the music etc. then 'see' it as being critical of the person. This forum is all about fan remarks both positive and negative. You voice that. I'd bet Robert himself would have that over nothing but those who LOVE his new music to speak out. Then again he may not care, his choice. But WE as fans, I believe, are nearly obligated to voice our personal opinions. And that will include dislikes of styles or whatever of our band members undertakings.

For instance, we may see Beatle "bashing" or Pink Floyd "bashing" and not speak about it because it's not as personal, say, to a Led Zeppelin fan. But speak ill of an LZ's direction, then all of a sudden its about "you can't go back" or "give up the Led Zeppelin wanting". It's not always about that. Maybe it's just that some forum members don't like the Americana or mellower or gospely type of territory a member has gone in. The forum member may realize that LZ IS in the past, but want ROCKING numbers, not some watered down (my own words, who else's could they be?) stylings of familiar favorites or Americana tunes for the rest of the set. I have many friends my age who've mellowed with their music tastes and listen to the likes of Jimmy Buffet or Shawn Colvin or even GAG....Kenny G type of stuff. But I still like my ROCK...rockin' !!!! I may get 'old' someday, but I haven't gotten there yet.

I LOVE The Beatles. I LOVE everything they did, but I can't stand some of the solo material eg. "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney. CAN'T STAND IT ! Does that mean I'm bashing Paul or The Beatles ? NO, it means he did some music that is HORRID in my view. And I'll speak it.

If critically adverse posts are so villified on a forum, what's the point of a forum. IDOL WORSHIP only ? Accentuate the positive but don't censor the negative. Read it if only to reinforce your own views which may be polar opposite or you might even find a 'drawback' you agree with, in part.

That was a beautifully written statement. Thanks for getting it straight. People take such offense to every single word or phrase someone post. If people had taken the time to read my comment whether it is negative toward the music or not, I never mentioned a Zep reunion or anything of the sort. All is said was I dont like what his style of music is at this point in time. So again, your comment here is right on. thanks!

I remember seeing him at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA back in the mid 2000's. He looked my way while I was smoking weed and he seemed to smile at me. Unfortunately, he looked at the VERY heavy set girl next to me and quickly lost his smile. I kept thinking to myself, "Oh No, Robert must think I'm with this girl" and I tried to move far away from her but it seemed like wherever I moved she was next to me. Oh the horror of it all!:D

Thanks guys. :)I am too - and being that has served me well throughout my life...I hope you hold onto that eternal optimism throughout your life too.Your :hippy: reminded me: There were several times I caught Robert exchanging glances with those of us who were in the front row but the best was at one point when I looked at Robert and saw he was grinning and looking so delighted or amused either at your dancing or the fact that so many people, including the old(er) gray-haired guys behind you, were openly lighting up right in front of him, so close to him that he could get a contact high when he bent down to check his setlist. Whatever it was that made him grin like that, it was so sweet to see that after so many years Robert still has the capacity to genuinely smile at his audience. :hippy:Edited for spelling and grammar.

I got the same vibe at the Houston show! I could swear he winked at me once, but of course, I could be delusional...lol. Frankly, he just looked like he was having a great time. He was interacting with the crowd and, I guess he was liking the feedback. It was the coolest thing being up so close! (I know....I sound like a broken record. ;) )

Archived