Robert Plant 2010 Tour

I love this new song, Robert sounds in really good form. Cannot wait for the album :)

I'm with you WFW. The more I listen to this song, the more I like it. It is quite catchy and makes ME want to dance. Can't wait for the CD to come out.

Also love his boots in the beginning of the video. There's just something about a man (especially Robert) in pointy toe cowboy boots. ;)

Hi Walter!! You're going to Ruth Eckerd Hall?? You'll LOVE it.....around 1200 seats and there's not a bad seat in the place. GREAT ACOUSTICS....HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME. peace

Hey there linda! We enjoyed the Ruth Eckerd Hall very much. Amazing acoustics!! Easy to find also, coming from mouseworld. I really think Robert's voice is getting better and better. I know many others don't feel the same, but he sounded amazing that night. Anyway, I will definitely be going back there again to see more shows!

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

So, who is going to the London show on Thursday, aside from yours truly?

Do we know if there's going to be any support act?

I'm there. Rang the Forum this morning to check on support and set times but there's nobody there as tonight the venue's fallow

So, who is going to the London show on Thursday, aside from yours truly?

Do we know if there's going to be any support act?

I'll be there. Also got tickets for the "not so secret anymore" gig tonight. With my birthday tomorrow i couldn't have asked for better birthday presents (apart from Jimmy's book maybe but let's see)....should be good.

I can't imagine there not being a support of some kind, as I've always seen him be supported by someone, even if it's just an acoustic guitarist.

Awh man, jealous of the not-so-secret gig tickets austrian_zeppelin ! I didn't have that luck. What a brilliant birthday present!

(Sort of) see you tomorrow guys! It's going to be a cracker. :)

I've just come back from the gig at the Forum. Oh my. It was simply amazing. Utterly amazing. COMPLETELY AMAZING! Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

I was in the front row on the barrier, bang in the middle, right in front of him and he literally stole my breath away. I made him laugh, which I am very proud of. biggrin.gif

Such an insanely talented band and some brilliant new renditions of Zep songs.

Sorry, I'm not very coherent right now, I'm still buzzing.

Was there last night it was mindblowing! :D

The band were really tight and Plant's voice was unbelievable, far better even than when I saw him in '05 and '06 and he was on fire then!

Another thing I'd mention is that there was very much a rock vibe to the music last night, far heavier than Raising Sand so anybody saying he should get back to singing rock music he already is!

Truly fantastic night, can't wait till Cardiff in October.

Setlist (from Tight But Loose): Down To The Sea, Monkey, House of Cards, Please Read the Letter, Misty Mountain Hop, Rich Woman, Twelve Gates To The City/Wade In The Water, Trouble Don’t Go, All The Kings Horses, Satisfied Mind, Move On Up In Glory, Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down, Central Two O’ Nine, Houses Of The Holy, Tall Cool One, Over The Hills And Far Away, Gallows Pole, Encore: Harm’s Swift Way, Rock and Roll, I Bid You Goodnight.

Added: forget to mention the show was being professionally filmed so hopefully there will be a DVD at some point.

Was there last night it was mindblowing! :D

The band were really tight and Plant's voice was unbelievable, far better even than when I saw him in '05 and '06 and he was on fire then!

Another thing I'd mention is that there was very much a rock vibe to the music last night, far heavier than Raising Sand so anybody saying he should get back to singing rock music he already is!

This is going to sound like nitpicking, so let me first say that I really enjoyed last night. It was good to hear Plant again. It was good to see him relaxed and enjoying his singing. I'm one of those fans that enjoy Plant's musical journey and would rather him sing this than sing with Zep without his heart in it.

I thought last night Plant's voice was great. I also enjoyed the bit where Buddy Miller sang on his own. But if I'm honest I didn't care for the bits when Robert wasn't singing because it all went a bit 'country' - and I really don't like the country vocal style. But when Plant sang everything was great.

To be honest, I think his vocals matched Alison better than Patty Griffin's. I think Alison's vocals are stronger than Patty and I felt at times Robert was in danger of drowning her out and at times I felt it constrained what he could have done with some of the material if he wasn't singing harmony with her.

Musically, I also thought it was weaker than his collaboration with Alison. I've always felt that T-Bone deserved a much larger slice of credit than he received for Raising Sands (an album I thought I'd hate - but love). I think much of the joy of 'Raising Sands' and the subsequent tour, was T-Bone's amazing arrangements of songs. For example, last night's 'Please Read the Letter' though good, worked better with T-Bone's arrangement. Likewise his Zep arrangements on the tour I felt allowed Robert to express the fullest range of his voice - for example 'When the Levee Break' (

). Last night, some of the arrangements of Zep classics I didn't think worked. But hey, I love the steel guitar arrangement of 'Whole Lotta Love' from the 29 Palms, so what do I know.

However, it was good to see him rock out on a few numbers. It's been too long.

If anyone's interested. There's some photos available here: 'Band of Joy'

To be honest, I think his vocals matched Alison better than Patty Griffin's. I think Alison's vocals are stronger than Patty and I felt at times Robert was in danger of drowning her out and at times I felt it constrained what he could have done with some of the material if he wasn't singing harmony with her.

Completely agree. Patty has a great voice, but her voice doesn't blend as well with Robert's as Alisons did. I thought that the second they started singing together. Patty was little bit lost sometimes when Robert, Buddy and Darrell were all singing at the same time, which was a shame.

I am not a country music person at all, but I actually really enjoyed the other vocalists, especially Darrell, his voice was quite a surprise. I didn't expect him to sound that good.

This is going to sound like nitpicking, so let me first say that I really enjoyed last night. It was good to hear Plant again. It was good to see him relaxed and enjoying his singing. I'm one of those fans that enjoy Plant's musical journey and would rather him sing this than sing with Zep without his heart in it.

I thought last night Plant's voice was great. I also enjoyed the bit where Buddy Miller sang on his own. But if I'm honest I didn't care for the bits when Robert wasn't singing because it all went a bit 'country' - and I really don't like the country vocal style. But when Plant sang everything was great.

Musically, I also thought it was weaker than his collaboration with Alison. I've always felt that T-Bone deserved a much larger slice of credit than he received for Raising Sands (an album I thought I'd hate - but love). I think much of the joy of 'Raising Sands' and the subsequent tour, was T-Bone's amazing arrangements of songs. For example, last night's 'Please Read the Letter' though good, worked better with T-Bone's arrangement. Likewise his Zep arrangements on the tour I felt allowed Robert to express the fullest range of his voice - for example 'When the Levee Break' (

). Last night, some of the arrangements of Zep classics I didn't think worked. But hey, I love the steel guitar arrangement of 'Whole Lotta Love' from the 29 Palms, so what do I know.

However, it was good to see him rock out on a few numbers. It's been too long.

If anyone's interested. There's some photos available here: 'Band of Joy'

I agree with virtually all of this. I enjoyed the gig and the new material, but I wasn't keen on Robert taking a back seat as often as he did. And I really didn't feel Patty worked anywhere near as well as Alison - made me really appreciate just how good Alison was.

I agree with virtually all of this. I enjoyed the gig and the new material, but I wasn't keen on Robert taking a back seat as often as he did. And I really didn't feel Patty worked anywhere near as well as Alison - made me really appreciate just how good Alison was.

You see if anything I preferred Patty. I'll be fully able to compare when the album comes out I guess. It's also down to personal taste at the end of the day.

And as for Robert taking a back seat for some of the songs I guess its also to rest and conserve his voice. I think its quite usual now for bands to have solo spots and things.

And as for Robert taking a back seat for some of the songs I guess its also to rest and conserve his voice. I think its quite usual now for bands to have solo spots and things.

And think of the length of the drum and guitar solos Zeppelin used to do, with Robert either offstage or standing off at the side! Even when it's his band, as the BOJ is, it makes sense for him to give the other members a short showcase.

Yeah, completely agree.

Also, because the members of the BOJ are singers and solo performers in their own right, I thought it was great to see that little snippet of their works. After all, it wasn't just a Robert Plant gig, it was Robert and Band Of Joy, you know? Yes, everyone was there to see Robert, but it technically was never meant to be a solo show.

According to guitarist Buddy Miller, Robert Plant will return for another round of American dates "early next year". B)

Interesting that it won't be till "early next year", considering his North American media/promotions tour starts on Sept 13th and should last the week.

On Oct 14th he starts the European tour in Stockholm, Sweeden. His European tour tentatively ends Nov 2nd (unless more dates are announced). Based on what I remember about his past tours, Plant would play right up till just a few days before Christmas.

Buddy Miller knows more than anyone of us would know, but I wouldn't be surprised if some North American dates were announced for Nov/Dec of this year (pure speculation on my part).

Cheers,

Archived