Robert Plant 2010 Tour

Hotplant....show was SOLD OUT! All seats full, empty seats are due to the folks dancing in the aisles and trying to get up front.

Dandu.....setlist had some great surprises for me! This being opening night I felt like it was pre internet without setlists...so it made it fun...Tangerine was AWESOME! I have never experienced a live Tangerine in all my Zep years, I almost lost it, this rendition was close to the original. He opened with Down To The Sea of Fate of Nations...YES< YES<>YES!!!...Tall Cool One came from out of nowhere and the place went nuts. He pretty much played most of the new album, minus my fav tune from it, This To Shall Pass. Please Read The Letter was the only Raising Sands tune...NO MIGHTY REARRANGER? Personally I'd like to hear more Plant solo stuff mixed in as opposed to countryfied Gallows Pole, IMTOD, Ramble On, RnR, and HOTH. It was a good night.

I am soooo frustrated!!!sad.gif

I just tried to get Tickets for Robert's Portland show and the best available is row P!!!!Seriously?!!!I'm talking pre-sale!!!sad.gifShould I wait and see if anyone gives up a ticket or just grab the ticket?I had way better seats when he came to town with AK and didn't even try to buy during the presale!!!!!!!!!!wacko.gif

Hotplant....show was SOLD OUT! All seats full, empty seats are due to the folks dancing in the aisles and trying to get up front.

Dandu.....setlist had some great surprises for me! This being opening night I felt like it was pre internet without setlists...so it made it fun...Tangerine was AWESOME! I have never experienced a live Tangerine in all my Zep years, I almost lost it, this rendition was close to the original. He opened with Down To The Sea of Fate of Nations...YES< YES<>YES!!!...Tall Cool One came from out of nowhere and the place went nuts. He pretty much played most of the new album, minus my fav tune from it, This To Shall Pass. Please Read The Letter was the only Raising Sands tune...NO MIGHTY REARRANGER? Personally I'd like to hear more Plant solo stuff mixed in as opposed to countryfied Gallows Pole, IMTOD, Ramble On, RnR, and HOTH. It was a good night.

How do you "country-fy" "Gallows Pole" when it's a folk-inspired stomp to start with?

Went to the Pittsburgh show last night and it was truly awesome! We were 7 rows back center, excellent seats. The sound was really good, way better than I could have hoped for considering the venue. The Peterson event center is basically a large gym, built primarily for the university of Pittsburgh basketball. It holds about 12,500 and is not designed for a concert, especially one that would be better in a smaller concert hall. There was probably a little less than 5000 in attendance and all around me seemed to really enjoy the vibe.

They opened with Gallows Pole which was very unexpected,thrilling and set the tone for the evening. Robert was in great voice and great humor. Lots of Plantations and jokes and great interaction with the audience and the band. They did all of my favorite songs from the new album, House of cards, Angel Dance, Central 209, Satan Your Kingdom must Come Down. Encore was Monkey (yay! I thought they weren't going to do it) Rock and Roll and We Bid you Good Night(?) which were all spectacular!! Cant buy my love was a highlight and I think they may have screwed it up somehow because they were all laughing at the end and Robert said something like "that song is different every time we do it, as it should be."

From the Zep catalog were Tangerine, which was spot on, Houses of the Holy, and part of In my time of Dying which was in the middle of a song by Gary Davis called 12 gates to the city which I never heard before.

Please read the letter was perfect and Tall cool one was a shocker! What fun!

And the band, oh my were they good! Patty Griffin has an incredible voice and did a song called Move up which was a highlight for me, and Darrell Scott and Buddy Miller also has lead vocals on two other songs. What a talented bunch on one stage!

I am jealous that they did Down to the sea the previous night as that is one of my favorite songs and i would think it would have fit in well, but maybe they didn't think so.

The only people that could be disappointed by the show were the youngsters in the Led Zep T-shirts that may not have been aware of his current album/sound.

Anyone who begrudges him his chosen path should see this show. It might not be your bag, but you can tell how happy he is and how much they are all enjoying it. Truly the Band of Joy!

Robert Plant, with a little Led, successfully plays it his new way

Music review

Thursday, January 20, 2011

By Scott Mervis, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

20100119001JohnHellerPost-Gazette.jpg

John Heller/Post-Gazette

Robert Plant, the former lead vocalist of Led Zeppelin, performed Wednesday night at the Petersen Events Center.

If you look up "rock star" in the dictionary, there's a good chance you will find a picture of the man known as the Golden God. To acquire such a lofty title, his role was to strike sexual poses in skintight jeans and open shirt and sing like a white Howlin' Wolf.

In the '70s heyday of Led Zeppelin, few things would have wrecked Robert Plant's image more than being seen playing the washboard. What kind of poster would that have made?

But now he's 62, he's discovered his inner Appalachian soul, and Jimmy Page is back in England, so if Robert Plant wants to play the washboard, he'll play the washboard. And that's what he did Wednesday night -- for just one song, mind you -- at the Petersen Events with his Band of Joy.

It was a strange visual in a delightfully strange era for the singer who has turned his back on the chance to earn millions and play for millions with two of his old mates. As he told Rolling Stone, it's just not him anymore.

Inspired by the 2001 documentary "Down From the Mountain," he's now released two albums of American roots music, the first a Grammy winner with Alison Krauss. This time around, he's assembled an alt-country supergroup with Buddy Miller (a guitar hero in his own right), the lovely siren Patty Griffin, multi-instrumentalist Darrell Scott, bassist Byron House and drummer Marco Giovino.

You got the sense Wednesday night that they were capable of anything, including standing in for Zeppelin if need be. Those hoping for a taste received it right away when Mr. Plant got the Led out on the opening song, a slow, simmering version of "Gallows Pole." There were four more to come.

Part of the singer's reluctance about a Zeppelin reunion tour was the strain on his voice, but it's clearly well-preserved and suited to what he's doing. The Band of Joy songs allow him to sing in a lower register, especially with Ms. Griffin there to hit the high stuff. They went strong on the diverse new album, with Los Lobos' chugging "Angel Dance," the gospel-like "House of Cards," a rockabilly "You Can't Buy My Love" and the washboard-driven "Central Two-O-Nine." Surprisingly, the only entry from "Raising Sand" was "Please Read the Letter," sung delicately with Ms. Griffin.

The star also took on the role of sideman, wailing on harmonica as Mr. Miller dug into the soulful blues of "Trouble." Ms. Griffin took center stage for "Move Up," a traditional song from her Southern gospel-drenched new album, and Mr. Scott stepped up with his own powerful pipes on "A Satisfied Mind."

A clear downside to the affair was the venue. An intimate theater would have better served the show and the rather modest crowd than the cavernous arena with its echoey thwack in the back. At one point, Mr. Plant cautiously posed the question, "Is it possible, in this environment, that you'd be feeling it a bit? Can you FEEL it here?" Fortunately, yes, but it was less than ideal.

Of course, the Zeppelin songs resonated most with the crowd. "Tangerine," one of the British band's most beloved acoustic ballads, was perfect for this textured band. "Houses of the Holy" got a full makeover, starting as an airy country song before Mr. Miller seized that riff and cranked it in the middle. "12 Gates to the City," a song Mr. Plant recalled hearing the Rev. Gary Davis do in England when he was a blues-loving British teen, was injected with "In My Time of Dying."

The night's showstopper was a pulsing, atmospheric "Ramble On" that had the reverb on the guitars almost simulating the keyboards from Led Zep's "No Quarter." Mr. Plant's solo hit "Tall Cool One" was a sexy romp with Ms. Griffin, who shined all night in the role of backup singer and, yes, go-go dancer.

For the encores, Mr. Miller, every bit the guitar wizard as Jimmy Page (in a different way), channeled The Edge for the stabbing guitars on Low's "Monkey" and the Band of Joy revved up hard for a rockabilly ride through "Rock and Roll." If you were a Zep fan, you couldn't help but pinch yourself.

Opening the show were the North Mississippi All-Stars, in duo format, showing why the Black Keys need not get all the attention. At one point, guitarist Luther Dickinson managed to sound like John Lee Hooker, Duane Allman and Jerry Garcia on the same song.

http://www.post-gaze...1119371-388.stm

Robert Plant

Petersen Events Center

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

January 19, 2011

20100119002JohnHellerPost-Gazette.jpg

John Heller/Post-Gazette

20100119003JohnHellerPost-Gazette.jpg

John Heller/Post-Gazette

20100119004JohnHellerPost-Gazette.jpg

John Heller/Post-Gazette

Set list

• Gallows Pole

• Central Two-O-Nine

• Angel Dance

• Please Read the Letter

• Move Up (Patty Griffin)

• Tangerine

• Trouble (Buddy Miller)

• Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down

• House of Cards

• 12 Gates to the City

• A Satisfield Mind (Darrell Scott)

• Tall Cool One

• Harm's Swift Way

• Houses of the Holy

• Can't Buy My Love

• Ramble On

Encore:

• Monkey

• Rock and Roll

• Goodnight

Plant rocks Petersen with variety of sounds

By Rege Behe

PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Thursday, January 20, 2011

20110119001HeidiMurrinPittsburghTribune.jpg

Heidi Murrin | Tribune-Review

Robert Plant's immersion into the roots of American music bore the most wondrous fruit during his show with Band of Joy on Wednesday night at the Petersen Events Center.

From the opening notes of "Gallows Pole," a traditional song covered by that other group he was in Led Zeppelin, for the musically challenged one sensed this was going to be an extraordinary night.

At times bone-chilling, at times wondrous, the 62-year-old singer and his superlative backing band put on a show that ranks with the best in the area over the past year. And that's acknowledging that the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney and John Mellencamp have graced stages here.

Songs such as "House of Cards" and "Angel Dance" (covers of songs by Richard Thompson and Los Lobos, respectively) were filtered through the prisms of gospel, blues, country, bluegrass and other intrinsically American genres. Each band member, notably guitarists Buddy Miller and Darrell Scott (who also contributed keening pedal steel throughout the evening), added a shimmering, luminous quality to the songs, which invariably ended in joyous codas of noise. Plant's vocals were pitch-perfect, and he wisely utilized the dazzling vocalist Patty Griffin to underline his soaring tenor.

Plant is a generous band leader. When Miller ("Somewhere Trouble Don't Go") or Scott ("The Satisfied Mind") or Griffin ("Move Up") took center stage, Plant moved to the rear and sang backup vocals or played harmonica.

But as rich and variegated as the songs were especially the gospel-flavored "Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down" and "Twelve Gates to the City," there was a good portion of the audience waiting for the Plant to get the Led out.

He didn't disappoint. "Tangerine" stayed more or less true to Zeppelin's version, but "Houses of the Holy" was re-cast as an East-meets-West extravaganza (Plant commented that it had a "Bulgarian" aspect to it) and "Rock and Roll" would not have been out of place at the Grand Ole Opry.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/music/s_719041.html

Robert Plant still on a journey of musical joy

By Alan Sculley

PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Any Robert Plant interview these days almost has to include an inquiry about his interest in a Led Zeppelin reunion.

But one really doesn't need his words to know Plant's thinking about the issue. His musical projects over the past three years -- the period since Led Zeppelin reunited for a one-off concert as part of a memorial event for the late head of Atlantic Records, Ahmet Ertegun — pretty much make Plant's intentions clear.

First came the 2008 CD, "Raising Sand," which paired the former Zeppelin frontman with Alison Krauss performing a mostly low-key collection of rootsy bluegrass/country influenced covers. The CD went on to win the 2009 Grammy award for album of the year.

Now Plant has released a new CD, "Band Of Joy," and is playing its music on a short run of winter dates in the United States. The tour comes to the Petersen Events Center in Oakland on Wednesday.

This time, Plant is taking his exploration of American roots music in new directions, with the help of such stellar band members as guitarist Buddy Miller, mandolin player/multi-instrumentalist Darrell Scott and singer Patty Griffin.

"I'm doing an interview with you because I am very proud of what I'm doing now in the present tense," Plant says, once again shooting down any prospect of a Zeppelin reunion. "That really is my entire raison d'etre. I'm on a journey here."

Plant thought it was understood that the 2007 reunion show would be a one-off event.

"I don't think we've ever thought of it going any farther, to be honest," Plant says. "I think the great thing about it was that we could do it, and we did it really well with dignity and with excitement. The idea of traveling around the sports facilities of the world is something that would have to be thought about really, really carefully."

There have been plenty of rumors that Plant's former bandmates, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones, are both interested in a reunion tour, and even rehearsed for an aborted reunion with drummer Jason Bonham (son of the late Zeppelin drummer John Bonham) in 2008. The three band members reportedly were considering other singers to replace Plant.

Plant, though, has moved on, first with the highly successful "Raising Sand."

And while the "Band Of Joy" CD is not part two of "Raising Sand" by any means, Plant sees it as a next step in his musical journey into American roots music.

"Obviously there's a continuum because I went back to Buddy (Miller) and back to Nashville, where I knew I could get all of the jobs done in one place, and I knew there was a fund of people and a great understanding of music," Plant says.

"It's a great learning curve for me, but (the music on 'Band Of Joy') is a lot tougher and it's much more tricky than 'Raising Sand,' " he says. "It really does growl and clunk and it comes out of the church. It's Sunday morning and definitely Saturday night."

The album project (which is named after Plant's pre-Led Zeppelin group, Band Of Joy) began with Plant recruiting Miller, a key band member on the "Raising Sand" tour, to produce, choose songs, recruit musicians and coordinate recording sessions for the new CD.

Plant says the CD started out sounding "beautiful" and "pastoral," but adding Griffin to the project helped bring a different dimension that Plant wanted in "Band Of Joy."

"Patty's got just the right voice to bring the edge onto the record," Plant says. "And also, (there was) a change of material, with a lot more kind of spook, so the second session became much tougher and much more psychedelic, if you like."

The entire core lineup of Band Of Joy is on tour now -- Miller, Scott, Griffin, drummer Marco Giovino and bassist Byron House -- and Plant expects the new material to evolve further as the group performs its concerts. With Plant, Griffin, Scott, Miller and House all being accomplished singers, Plant says the shows have become a "massive vocal experience."

Robert Plant and the Band of Joy

When: 8 p.m. Wednesday

Admission: $39.50-$79.50

Where: Petersen Events Center, Oakland

Details: 800-745-3000 or website

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/music/s_717863.html

Robert Plant flourishes with fresh creative spirit, new success

Published: Friday, January 21, 2011

By GARY GRAFF

The Oakland Press

2011PlantHarmonica.jpg

Robert Plant

Music has taken Robert Plant from "Kashmir" to "The Ocean" and "Over the Hills and Far Away," up the "Stairway to Heaven" and through the "Houses of the Holy."

But 30 years removed from active duty in Led Zeppelin, the British singer has found a fresh creative home in Nashville, where he made 2007's Grammy Award-winning "Raising Sand" with Alison Krauss and returned to for its follow-up, the Grammy-nominated "Band of Joy."

"I've got big ears, I suppose," explains Plant, 62. "I just felt a kind of ... 'rebirth' is far too serious a term. It's a different yet very vaguely familiar feeling within me that I can now just do anything at all and go and enjoy my dalliances with all kinds of music, which is a wonderfully pure place to be especially at this point in my life."

Plant has certainly done well by his new environs, physical and sonic. The No. 2 debut on the Billboard 200 of "Raising Sand" was his highest chart showing ever post-Led Zeppelin, while the album was certified platinum and took home a total of six Grammys over two years, including Album of the Year in 2009. It was No. 2 on the Internet music service Rhapsody's list of best country albums for the decade.

"Band of Joy," meanwhile, debuted at No. 5 in September, the top chart bow for one of his own albums.

Plant felt so strongly about "Raising Sand" "A spectacular revival of my spirit, in a way," he calls it that he even eschewed many reported, and lucrative, Led Zeppelin reunion offers after the group played a ballyhooed benefit concert in December 2007 at London's O2 arena. Despite myriad rumors, however, he now claims that, "I don't think anybody actually asked that question, to be perfectly frank, apart from the media. So here I am, just doing what I do."

The road to "Band of Joy," however, began not surprisingly with Krauss and attempts to make a follow-up to "Raising Sand." "We got to talking about it and we got to sharing a bunch of ideas and we got to go into the studio and try some of them out," Plant recalls.

"And it was particularly challenging to try and follow 'Raising Sand,' probably, so soon after we finished working on the project. Perhaps we didn't give it enough space. We reached a point where we knew we'd have to hook up later on."

But Plant did hold on to Buddy Miller the guitarist, producer and songwriter whose credentials include Emmylou Harris, Lucinda Williams, Solomon Burke and more and who was part of the "Raising Sand" band after the sessions with Krauss proved fallow. "Buddy ... is an avid, avid, avid collector without boundary," Plant explains. "His musical appreciation is ... all over the place, rather like mine is."

Plant took the Band of Joy name from a group he was in along with the late Zep drummer John Bonham during 1967-68 in England, and the wide range of styles they explored provided a stylistic template for the singer's current concern.

"Really, it's a state of mind for me," says Plant, who still considers himself "just a vinyl junkie and a total music nerd" always in search of the rare and obscure. "I was kind of standing in the middle of all my adventures, sort of with my hands up in the air. I felt I could do more or less anything. I could sink and swim. I didn't have to ask anybody anything. I could just be a little bit like when I was 17."

Driven by a desire "to get a bit more trippy," Plant and Miller populated "Band of Joy" mostly with covers, save for "Central Two-O-Nine," which they wrote together, and a trio of traditionals "Cindy, I'll Marry You Someday," "Satan Your Kingdom Music Come Down" and "Even This Shall Pass Away" the duo arranged. Among their choices were Los Lobos' "Angel Dance" (the first single, with the group's David Hidalgo and Louie Perez in the video), Richard Thompson's "House of Cards," the Kelly Brothers' "I'm Falling in Love" and a pair of songs, "Monkey" and "Silver Rider," by the Minnesota trio Low. The latter was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rock Solo Vocal Performance, while "Band of Joy" received a nod for Best Americana Album.

The Band of Joy that made "Band of Joy" was also crucial to the process, Plant says. "It felt young," he says of working with Miller, guitarist Darrell Scott, bassist Byron House and drummer Marco Giovino. "It felt like I didn't know what was going to happen next, and it didn't really matter. That was the great thing."

And the addition of Patty Griffin only made that great thing better.

"Buddy had (produced) her 'Downtown Church' album, and I heard the way she was singing and I thought how that would work against some of the stuff we're doing," Plant explains. "She was there in a trice, like a rocket, and it was magnificent. It really just turned the record upside down."

Plant hopes to keep Band of Joy a going concern, in fact, though he says the push is on to create more original material for the group's next album rather than the covers that dominate "Band of Joy."

"We're talking. We have to write songs now," Plant acknowledges. "It's all very well celebrating other people's songwriting, and I know there are artists who actually have an entire career doing that, whether it be Elvis (Presley) or (Frank) Sinatra or ... a lot of country artists who never write.

"But we're gonna be heading that way (writing songs) soon. I have no idea how it will work out, and also it will be the first time I've ever written a song ... with the American psyche in full flight, so we'll see. But I'd like to think we can keep this going and just make Joy where it's appropriate."

If you go

Robert Plant & the Band of Joy and the North Mississippi Allstars perform at 8 p.m. tonight at Hill Auditorium, 825 N. University on the U-M campus, Ann Arbor. Tickets are $86.95, $65.95 and $49.30. Call 734-763-8587 or visit www.livenation.com.

http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/01/21/entertainment/doc4d38c4e10bda9187164130.txt?viewmode=fullstory

JeannaDuerscherlStarTribunefile.jpg

Jeanna Duerscherl, Star Tribune file

Robert Plant will bring Band of Joy to Minneapolis

Led Zeppelin vocalist will gets rootsy with Patty Griffin, Buddy Miller and others.

January 19, 2011

Rock god Robert Plant, who has dialed it down of late with Alison Krauss and Patty Griffin, will make his low-key return on April 12 at the State Theatre in Minneapolis. He's touring with the Band of Joy, featuring Griffin, Buddy Miller and other roots-rock players. Band of Joy also happens to be the name of Plant's pre-Led Zeppelin band with John Bonham.Plant's September release, "Band of Joy," features songs by Los Lobos, Richard Thompson, Townes Van Zandt and Duluth's Low as well as some Plant/Miller originals.

"Band of Joy" has led to two Grammy nominations for Plant -- best Americana album and best male rock vocal performance for "Silver Rider," a Low song. Plant and Krauss won the Grammy for album of the year for 2007's "Raising Sand."

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Plant pooh-poohed a Led Zeppelin reunion tour with Jason Bonham on drums, who joined Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Plant for a 2007 concert in London. "I've gone so far somewhere else that I almost can't relate to it," Plant, 62, told Rolling Stone. "Who cares? I know people care, but think about it from my angle --soon, I'm going to need help crossing the street."

Band of Joy tickets, priced from $55 to $99.50, will go on sale at 11 a.m. Saturday at the State box office and Ticketmaster outlets.

JON BREAM

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/113963344.html

Robert Plant at State in April

Pioneer Press

January 17, 2011

PioneerPress.jpg

Rock legend Robert Plant will return to the Twin Cities on April 12 to headline the State Theatre with the Band of Joy.

Tickets are $99.50, $75 and $55 and will go on sale at 11 a.m. Saturday through Ticketmaster. The 62-year-old Plant has spent his recent years exploring folk, blues and bluegrass. He won five Grammys for his 2007 collaboration with Alison Krauss, "Raising Sand." Earlier this year, Plant revived the Band of Joy moniker — the name of his pre-Led Zeppelin group — and released an album that adds a hippie-era folk vibe to the "Raising Sand" sound. It also saw Patty Griffin replace Krauss as Plant's harmony partner. The dozen-song disc features covers of "Silver Rider" and "Monkey," a pair of songs originally written by Duluth trio Low.

— Ross Raihala

http://www.twincities.com/entertainment/ci_17121688?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Plant's Band of Joy coming to Louisville Palace

By Jeffrey Lee Puckett • jpuckett@courier-journal.com • January 18, 2011

Robert Plant is bringing his Band of Joy to the Louisville Palace on April 8. The show will kick off the third leg of his U.S. tour in support of his new album, "Band of Joy."

The touring band includes Kentuckian Darrell Scott, Buddy Miller, Patty Griffin, Byron House and Marco Giovino, the same crew that recorded the acclaimed, Grammy-nominated album.Tickets, at $45, $60 and $75, go on sale Friday, Jan. 21, at noon at the Louisville Palace box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, online at LiveNation.com and by phone at (800) 745-3000.

Reporter Jeffrey Lee Puckett can be reached at (502) 582-4160.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110118/NEWS01/301180069/-1/rss

Today in Asheville

Asheville Citizen-Times

January 18, 2011

MartialTrezziniAP.jpg

Rock legend Robert Plant plays Tuesday night at Thomas Wolfe Auditorium.

(MARTIAL TREZZINI/AP)

Stairway to joy

Former Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant brings his Band of Joy to town for an 8 p.m. show at Thomas Wolfe Auditorium. If you don't have a ticket, go get the "Band of Joy" CD instead.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20110118/TODAY/301180003/-1/tech

Robert Plant, Jeff Beck, Arcade Fire top

2011 New Orleans Jazz Fest lineup

Los Angeles Times

January 20, 2011

CarloAllegriAP.jpg

Photo Credit: Carlo Allegri / AP

The lineup for the 2011 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival will bring together international rock, pop, jazz, country headliners, including Robert Plant, Jeff Beck, Arcade Fire, Bon Jovi, Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp and Sonny Rollins, it was announced today.

Added into that impressive roster will be scores of acts based in and around Louisiana, along with a strong representation of Haitian performers. Also slated to appear on the 12 stages at this year's Fest, which takes place over a two-weekend run from April 29 to May 8, are Tom Jones, Lauryn Hill, the Avett Brothers, Cyndi Lauper, Mumford & Sons, Jamey Johnson, Jimmy Buffett and Louisiana rock, blues, Cajun, zydeco, gospel and folk musicians such as Dr. John, Allen Toussaint, the Neville Brothers, Trombone Shorty, Irma Thomas, Galactic and dozens of others.

Because of the strong historical and cultural connection between the Crescent City and Haiti, festival organizers have devoted much attention to the Caribbean nation's performers, including Wyclef Jean, Tabou Combo, Boukman Eksperyans and Emeline Michele. Ticket information is available on the Jazz Fest website.

-- Randy Lewis

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/01/new-orleans-jazz-fest-2011-lineup.html

..leaving for AA soon. I'll post a review and some pics soon as I get back. - Otto

Great to hear it! Please photograph the marquee (if there is one) and the merchandise booth if you can.

Robert Plant bringing Band of Joy to Ann Arbor

Susan Whitall / The Detroit News

December 3, 2010

Former Led Zeppelin front man Robert Plant will perform with his soulful folk combo Band of Joy on January 21 at Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor. Tickets go on sale 10 a.m. Friday Dec. 10, for $55 and $39.50 at Livenation.com, the Michigan Union Ticket Office and all TicketMaster locations. The opening act will be the North Mississippi Allstars.

The Ann Arbor date is part of a 15-date North American tour to support recent album "Band of Joy."

HillAuditorium4.jpg

HillAuditorium3.jpg

HillAuditorium2.jpg

HillAuditorium.jpg

Steve A. Jones:

You should get an award for all these great pics and articles...

Juliet :cheer:

PS I want to call in sick and go to Toronto to see Robert and Band of Joy on Sunday..it's cold but no snowstorms in the forecast :freezing:

PSS I hope they will pass through Ontario at another time on this tour.... :wave:

Archived