Robert Plant 2010 Tour

Found this:

FIRST LIVE REPORT: Robert Plant and The Band Of Joy – The Orpheum Theatre, Memphis, TN

Set List:

Down To The Sea, Angel Dance, Please Read The Letter, House Of Cards, Misty Mountain Hop, Monkey, Oh What A Beautiful City/Wader In The Water/In My Time OF Dying Medley, Rich Woman. Gone Gone Gone, All The Kings Horses, Nobodys Fault But Mine, Satan Your Kingdom Must Go, Central Two O Nine, Houses Of The Holy, Tall Cool One, Harms Swift Way, Gallows Pole.

Encores: Thank You, Rock And Roll.

First reports filtering across the Atlantic from Roberts Memphis gig last night shows a varying set list covering all corners of the singer career. Kicking off with Down To The Sea from Fate Of Nations before the first single from the forthcoming Band Of Joy album Angel Dance. Next is the Page/Plant number Please Read The Letter returning back to the original rather than the Robert/ Alison version. House Of Cards follows before dipping into Led Zepp 4 for a slower tempo version of Misty Mountain Hop. Lows Monkey follows before a three song medley of Oh What A Beautiful City/Wader In The Water/In My Time OF Dying Medley in a traditional gospel setting. Two songs from his successful Raising Sands album follow, Rich Woman and Gone Gone Gone. All The Kings Horses from Mighty Rearranger follow before Patty leads use through a version of Nobody's Fault But Mine. Next up is Satan Your Kingdom Must Go and Central Two O Nine from the Band Of Joy album, the latter featuring Robert on wash-board (?). Houses Of The Holy is premiered in Memphis tonight and gets the crowd up on it feet before a rocking Tall Cool One. After Robert introduces the band it's into Townes Van Zandt song "Harm's Swift Way." Before a rollicking version of Gallows Pole. The band return to the stage for an encore of Thank You before a swing intro to a song, what it is isn't obvious until the first line: "Been a long time since I rock 'n' rolled." Rock And Roll closes the first night of the first tour by Robert Plant and The Band Of Joy.

Very special thanks to Steve Sauer at www.ledzeppelinnews.com for his on the spot facebook reports.

Thanks for posting the review!

Not much video in these "videos", lol, but the sound is good! Thanks for posting, luvlz2!

Robert's voice sounds great! I loved all of the songs, particularly his new versions of the LZ songs. Too bad the person doing the videoing didn't get the entire "Thank You". I love that song and it sounded great! I loved the set list, too. Good mix of Robert's solo career songs, LZ, Raising Sand, and new material. Something for everyone. I think that this short tour is going to be very successful and I hope that it leads to more dates in the US!

To everyone who will catch a show on this first leg of the tour: Have a great time! The music sounds wonderful! Give Robert our love and appreciation!

Check out DIME for full audio of the Memphis show.

I wish I would have gotten tickets for either the Memphis show or Tulsa show and just made the drive. :slapface: I was hoping he would add more dates to the US tour leg but it looks like that won't be happening till later this year after the UK shows if at all. Still hoping he will hit Indy, Chicago or St. Louis.

I've been strongly considering buying a ticket to Tucson for the night after Phoenix. Here's a link to the actual page to select your seat. You can hover the cursor over the big map to see how many seats are available in a section. You then click on a section to see the actual seats available.

http://tinyurl.com/27menff

Sold seats are in red, but there are a bunch of gray 'unavailable' ones. I assume those are reserved for the artist or promoter? Last night, a bunch of the gray ones suddenly became available in sections 301 and 101, but there are still a bunch more of them listed as unavailable (gray), especially in the center section 201. You folks think it would be a good idea to wait and see if more become available? The venue is only about half sold, and so I'm not worried about being unable to get a ticket. I don't want to buy a so-so one now and find better ones going onsale the day before the show.

Archived