Robert Plant 2010 Tour

"Over The Hills And Far Away" 7/16/2010 Brady Theater Tulsa, OK. What a treat, how long has it been since he sang that?!!!

AWSOME! My favourite Zeppelin song, hope he does it in London. I wonder what other songs will get added in as the tour progresses?

Exactly. Why doesn't he stop this nonsense and go join Jimmy Page and get back to playing Led Zeppelin. He could win this new generation. Do it before the window of time closes.

Because he doesn't find it nonsense (and neither do I) :slapface:

Well that did not take long. Just what I expected. As long as Jimmy is ok with it fine. But has he ever considered how Jimmy feels about the whole thing? I wish I knew.cool.gif

Is Jimmy Robert's dad and Robert has to get his approval? They ceased being a band in 1980 and have all gone on to do their own thing. John Paul Jones isn't rushing to reunite, why single Robert out? This line of thinking is really exhausting.

Is Jimmy Robert's dad and Robert has to get his approval? They ceased being a band in 1980 and have all gone on to do their own thing. John Paul Jones isn't rushing to reunite, why single Robert out? This line of thinking is really exhausting.

Some of us are always going to put Led Zeppelin first and the solo projects out of sight and out of mind. You can't expect everyone to just accept it. Put me down as a Page follower. Jimmy made Robert what he is today. Page is the genius behind Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant will be remembered as their lead singer. Not for, what is the name of this band again? Sorry. Forgot.

Some of us are always going to put Led Zeppelin first and the solo projects out of sight and out of mind. You can't expect everyone to just accept it. Put me down as a Page follower. Jimmy made Robert what he is today. Page is the genius behind Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant will be remembered as their lead singer. Not for, what is the name of this band again? Sorry. Forgot.

You are, without question, the most boring person on the Internet. Congratulations. I can only imagine how insufferable you must be in real life. My condolences to your friends and family. If you are so stuck on one band within such a limited period of time, there really is no hope for you at all. Good night.

Love,

Billy

Well that did not take long. Just what I expected. As long as Jimmy is ok with it fine. But has he ever considered how Jimmy feels about the whole thing? I wish I knew.cool.gif

So you know how Jimmy feels about the whole thing? Did he tell you personally since I haven't heard anything from him against Robert's solo project(he did say he was supportive of what Robert was doing though back in January)?

And I think Jimmy is working on his own stuff now. We are lucky enough to have the three all out there and making music.

AWSOME! My favourite Zeppelin song, hope he does it in London. I wonder what other songs will get added in as the tour progresses?

He's definitely delving deep in the Zep catalog for this tour. It will definitely be interesting to see what other songs he will bring back on this tour. I hope he plays it for you when you see him Hand_Of_Omega_91!

You are, without question, the most boring person on the Internet. Congratulations. I can only imagine how insufferable you must be in real life. My condolences to your friends and family. If you are so stuck on one band within such a limited period of time, there really is no hope for you at all. Good night.

Love,

Billy

Whatever you say Billy boy.

Exactly. Why doesn't he stop this nonsense and go join Jimmy Page and get back to playing Led Zeppelin. He could win this new generation. Do it before the window of time closes.

"Nonsense"?

This "nonsense" is his career. He does not WANT to win a new generation. He wants to have fun. Like any of us would. Give the man his dues along with a fuc**ing break.

Jimmy has picked Plant as the lead singer, that is true, but Robert has contributed a huge artistic part into Led Zeppelin and all four members are equally important in making Zeppelin a great band, so it's not like Robert owes his succes to Jimmy and has to pay it back with a life long membership in Zeppelin!

Jimmy was the main mastermind in Zep, but without others, including Robert it would be far from that good!!

And when Jimmy picked Robert, he couldn't even know if zep are going to be succesful, so its' not like he thought that this band is definately going to be succesful and he is going to pick Robert, just to make him a part of a succesfull band!!

If Jimmy would be as big as Elvis in 1968 when he was forming Zeppelin, then perhaps someone could say that Jimmy picked Robert and automatically helped him to be succesful.

And even if that would be true, Robert still wouldn't owe anything to Jimmy, but it's not true, because Zeppelin builded their succes from zero and all members were the key to succes!! If Jimmy would take Robert into an already very succesful band and Robert would give nothing to that band artistically, then perhaps he would owe somethign to Jimmy, but probably not even in this case!

So leave Robert alone, because you have no right to decide, what he must do or not. And you still have your Zep cd's to listen to!!

"Nonsense"?

This "nonsense" is his career. He does not WANT to win a new generation. He wants to have fun. Like any of us would. Give the man his dues along with a fuc**ing break.

You seem to think that you are the all knowing authority on Led Zeppelin like a few others here that can't accept the opinion of some that that would rather see him with Page than doing this. I don't care if he is on his own and I am happy you all enjoy it. Some of us were very disappointed he turned Page down on reuniting especially after the tease of O2. As your people like Billy boy, who posted before you, he can stuff it!! Sideways up his ass. I have the right to my opinon, and you to yours. Plant has made his choices. Some of us would rather listen to Led Zeppelin CD's than this thing he is doing now. And I did go to the Now and Zen tour. And the Firm!

You seem to think that you are the all knowing authority on Led Zeppelin like a few others here that can't accept the opinion of some that that would rather see him with Page than doing this.

How is that exactly? Because I said this is Robert's career?

Your accusations are the stock answer - repeated again and again - of those on here who have no other argument. "Oooh you think you know everything!" - and you don't?

Jeez, fu**ing obviously not :rolleyes:

How is that exactly? Because I said this is Robert's career?

Your accusations are the stock answer - repeated again and again - of those on here who have no other argument. "Oooh you think you know everything!" - and you don't?

Jeez, fu**ing obviously not rolleyes.gif

You CAN have the last word Knebby. I am not taking the bait.

You seem to think that you are the all knowing authority on Led Zeppelin like a few others here that can't accept the opinion of some that that would rather see him with Page than doing this. I don't care if he is on his own and I am happy you all enjoy it. Some of us were very disappointed he turned Page down on reuniting especially after the tease of O2. As your people like Billy boy, who posted before you, he can stuff it!! Sideways up his ass. I have the right to my opinon, and you to yours. Plant has made his choices. Some of us would rather listen to Led Zeppelin CD's than this thing he is doing now. And I did go to the Now and Zen tour. And the Firm!

"Your people." Right. It's all a big conspiracy against you, tiger. Keep thinking that way. And you didn't go to the Now and Zen tour, you never saw The Firm, and you don't even like Led Zeppelin. Which begs the question, "why are you here?" Life must be really boring in old Rah-cha-cha. I'm sure you fit right in.

Love,

Billy

Some of us would rather listen to Led Zeppelin CD's than this thing he is doing now.

Didn't you just say something a few posts ago about "doing it before the window of time closes"?

How spoiled are you? Even if you don't like the new stuff (which would be surprising as we have had almost no opportunity to hear it yet), Robert Plant is on the road and he is singing a whole pile of classic Zeppelin tunes. You can sit at home and complain that you don't like the way he is singing them, or who he is singing them with, or you can go and see one of the greatest of all time doing his thing. If you really are a huge Zep fan, maybe you should take your own advice and go out and see RP one more time before the window of time closes. I can tell you this much, you likely will never regret going as much as you might regret not going. You will always have the CDs but who knows how many more tours he will choose to do.

While you are at it, go see TCV and if Jimmy puts something out, as promised, go see that too. These guys are all legends and while my personal preference would be to see them together, I never miss the opportunity to see them in any capacity. When any of them take the stage, I still get an awesome rush. Especially with RP. One day they will call it quits, and I know I won't just long for more Zep, but I will long for just a little more of anything from any of them.

Archived