Robert Plant 2010 Tour

Didn't you just say something a few posts ago about "doing it before the window of time closes"?

How spoiled are you? Even if you don't like the new stuff (which would be surprising as we have had almost no opportunity to hear it yet), Robert Plant is on the road and he is singing a whole pile of classic Zeppelin tunes. You can sit at home and complain that you don't like the way he is singing them, or who he is singing them with, or you can go and see one of the greatest of all time doing his thing. If you really are a huge Zep fan, maybe you should take your own advice and go out and see RP one more time before the window of time closes. I can tell you this much, you likely will never regret going as much as you might regret not going. You will always have the CDs but who knows how many more tours he will choose to do.

While you are at it, go see TCV and if Jimmy puts something out, as promised, go see that too. These guys are all legends and while my personal preference would be to see them together, I never miss the opportunity to see them in any capacity. When any of them take the stage, I still get an awesome rush. Especially with RP. One day they will call it quits, and I know I won't just long for more Zep, but I will long for just a little more of anything from any of them.

I have seen Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant (Now and Zen tour) and the Firm. If I were to go again it would have to either be a reunion or to see Jimmy. My opinion, like it or not. I just dont like the fact that Robert more or less snubbed Jimmy on the reunion invitation. Unless the info I have heard is incorrect? That aside, personally, I would rather see Page.

I have seen Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant (Now and Zen tour) and the Firm. If I were to go again it would have to either be a reunion or to see Jimmy. My opinion, like it or not. I just dont like the fact that Robert more or less snubbed Jimmy on the reunion invitation. Unless the info I have heard is incorrect? That aside, personally, I would rather see Page.

So it'd be okay for Jimmy to have a solo album and I gather it's okay for John Paul to have Them Crooked Vultures but Robert is not allowed to do anything but a Zep reunion? Ludicrous, not to mention none of us know what the situation is between the remaining band members, nor is it our business. Suffice to say there are no plans to have Zep reunite for whatever the reasons. Stop blaming Robert - that argument is so stupid. It's fine if you don't like his solo career but quit bashing the guy because he's chosen a path HE likes (his life) and you don't. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Most people here know for a fact I saw Led Zeppelin on Monday May 30th 1977 in Landover MD at the old Cap Centre. My story is in the timeline and I was the first one to post for that day you dip shit. So piss off. I was listening to Zeppelin long before the internet or this site existed. And I did see the Firm and Plant, and Stevie Ray Vaughn opened for him. I dont need some lame ass like you telling me I dont like Zeppelin or have never seen them. I would rather see Plant and Page together. Thats all so do me a favor and dont ever bother me again you prick.

You're making it all up. You never went to any of those shows. It's really sad that you insist on hanging on to these fantasies. Just cut it out. No one is fooled. And no one cares. Your opinions are lame. You're not a Led Zeppelin fan. You're the farthest thing from it. At best, you have some sort of man crush on Jimmy Page. I hope you can find the right therapist to help you work through these very serious issues. I wish you the best of luck in conquering them. Good night.

Love,

Billy

You're making it all up. You never went to any of those shows. It's really sad that you insist on hanging on to these fantasies. Just cut it out. No one is fooled. And no one cares. Your opinions are lame. You're not a Led Zeppelin fan. You're the farthest thing from it. At best, you have some sort of man crush on Jimmy Page. I hope you can find the right therapist to help you work through these very serious issues. I wish you the best of luck in conquering them. Good night.

Love,

Billy

Right Billy. Sounds like jealousy to me. Just because you never saw Led Zeppelin . I was 20 when I saw them and that was 33 yrs ago.

2j3qvjs.jpg

Meanwhile, The Arizona Republic published a nice interview with Robert promoting his 7/20 concert here.

Interview link:

Last question:

Q: After the 2007 Led Zeppelin reunion show in London, you seemed to show minimal interest in a full-scale tour. Is that still your viewpoint?

A: I'm really proud of (Zeppelin bassist) John Paul Jones because he's in a real, living, breathing rock band (Them Crooked Vultures, with Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters). He and I communicate more, now that he's a rocker (again).

So we all go about what we do the way we do it, and who knows? I can't predict anything at all. It's just good to keep it going and keep rocking.

Meanwhile, The Arizona Republic published a nice interview with Robert promoting his 7/20 concert here.

Interview link:

Last question:

Q: After the 2007 Led Zeppelin reunion show in London, you seemed to show minimal interest in a full-scale tour. Is that still your viewpoint?

A: I'm really proud of (Zeppelin bassist) John Paul Jones because he's in a real, living, breathing rock band (Them Crooked Vultures, with Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters). He and I communicate more, now that he's a rocker (again).

So we all go about what we do the way we do it, and who knows? I can't predict anything at all. It's just good to keep it going and keep rocking.

Big thanks PhxHorn!! It won't be long now until we are at the Dodge!!

Plant is about to be on the radio, click now!!! Click listen now, I'm recording it, he hasn't come on yet,

http://kdkb.com/Arti...3026&spid=33030

It's over now, it was a nearly 45 minutes, with songs and commercials included. Yeah, Plant was on a weekly Sunday night radio special on KDKB(AZ) hosted by Promoter Danny Zelisko called "The Regular Guy Radio Hour". It was quite a long(over the phone)interview.

AMEN!

If Robert had decided to stick around after the 02 with Jimmy, JPJ and Jason, I have no doubt they'd have worked up some more material and possibly hit the road with a "reunion" tour. However, Plant DIDN'T do this and as Jason has recently spoken of a YEAR'S worth of rehearsal and auditioning singers/singer, "not Myles Kennedy" it sounds as though the going was tough. Then there's the rumor of JPJ and Jimmy having a falling out and "agreeing to disagree" about some aspects.

So in a barebones analysis, if Robert had put his hat in the rink of trying to work out something more than the 02 I bet the chances of success would have greatly improved and maybe Jimmy and JPJ wouldn't have had their "disagreement" and the new revamped LZ might've been a reality.

Many factors no doubt clouded the venture, but who sowed the seeds of the eventually breakdown?

It appears obvious to me. So goes all the speculation about Robert's uninvolvement in the ultimate failing of Zeppelin to fly after the 02.

If Robert had decided to stick around after the 02 with Jimmy, JPJ and Jason, I have no doubt they'd have worked up some more material and possibly hit the road with a "reunion" tour. However, Plant DIDN'T do this and as Jason has recently spoken of a YEAR'S worth of rehearsal and auditioning singers/singer, "not Myles Kennedy" it sounds as though the going was tough. Then there's the rumor of JPJ and Jimmy having a falling out and "agreeing to disagree" about some aspects.

So in a barebones analysis, if Robert had put his hat in the rink of trying to work out something more than the 02 I bet the chances of success would have greatly improved and maybe Jimmy and JPJ wouldn't have had their "disagreement" and the new revamped LZ might've been a reality.

Many factors no doubt clouded the venture, but who sowed the seeds of the eventually breakdown?

It appears obvious to me. So goes all the speculation about Robert's uninvolvement in the ultimate failing of Zeppelin to fly after the 02.

Even if Plant had agreed for all we know they could have all fallen out and we'd be in the same position.

The impression I get is that Jimmy and JPJ wanted a full on world tour in 2008 whereas Plant was open to doing a couple of shows as long as it wasn't a tour.

Even if Plant had agreed for all we know they could have all fallen out and we'd be in the same position.

The impression I get is that Jimmy and JPJ wanted a full on world tour in 2008 whereas Plant was open to doing a couple of shows as long as it wasn't a tour.

Sure, anything could've happened, but I'm talking about the possible outcomes in the POSITIVE. Plant does plenty of touring on his own, that's no excuse. He just DIDN'T want to be a part of a "new" Led Zeppelin. JPJ and Jimmy could've still had problems between them, but who knows, they might've not had Robert continued on with a new vamping of the band.

Sure, anything could've happened, but I'm talking about the possible outcomes in the POSITIVE. Plant does plenty of touring on his own, that's no excuse. He just DIDN'T want to be a part of a "new" Led Zeppelin. JPJ and Jimmy could've still had problems between them, but who knows, they might've not had Robert continued on with a new vamping of the band.

Yeah, I get the impression that if Plant had said yes then it would have gone ahead as Jimmy seems to really want more Zeppelin. I was just arguing the toss as there have been numerous failed reunion attempts in the past as Mick Wall's book shows.

I wonder what the truth is behind the reunion rumours, Mick Wall seems to think that it was always the plan to do a world tour but Plant said no at the last minute. I wonder if there is any truth to the rumours that they put Wembley Stadium on hold for a couple of dates in 2008.

Mick Wall seems to think that it was always the plan to do a world tour but Plant said no at the last minute.

Mick Wall is wrong. It was always the plan that there would be ONE show, in tribute to Ahmet. Any other wild ideas to pursue it appeared AFTER the promised obligation was fulfilled - and were ultimately only wild ideas.

Mick Wall is wrong. It was always the plan that there would be ONE show, in tribute to Ahmet. Any other wild ideas to pursue it appeared AFTER the promised obligation was fulfilled - and were ultimately only wild ideas.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So there is no truth to Jimmy Page wanting to reunite? Whatever you say. Us other Led Zeppelin fans should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting to see them again.

So there is no truth to Jimmy Page wanting to reunite? Whatever you say. Us other Led Zeppelin fans should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting to see them again.

He may has the desire but there has never been real "plan" made between them during and after the O2 time, I think this is what Knebby wanted to say.

Yeah, you should, actually. That ship sailed over 30 years ago, tiger. Where were you?

Robert has always said it was to be a one-off. I believe the first quoute about the subject was in the interview with Uncut magazine that was published in September 2007 in the UK. In it he made it very clear that this was the case and that should there be any future Zeppelin tour, it would be without him.

Of course Jimmy has indicated a desire to do more with Zeppelin but to be fair to Robert, he couldn't have made his intentions clearer. It's a pity so many people can't accept this.

Robert has always said it was to be a one-off. I believe the first quoute about the subject was in the interview with Uncut magazine that was published in September 2007 in the UK. In it he made it very clear that this was the case and that should there be any future Zeppelin tour, it would be without him.

Of course Jimmy has indicated a desire to do more with Zeppelin but to be fair to Robert, he couldn't have made his intentions clearer. It's a pity so many people can't accept this.

I think people can accept it and for the most part, have . Saying they'd wished Robert had taken a different path to the one he's on right now is just, an opinion. Obviously not one that is shared by everyone but never the less, just an opinion. No doubt, if he ever decides to go back to a more rock based sound, the people who love his country bluegrass sound will have an opinion about that as well. Each to their own I say

I think people can accept it and for the most part, have . Saying they'd wished Robert had taken a different path to the one he's on right now is just, an opinion. Obviously not one that is shared by everyone but never the less, just an opinion. No doubt, if he ever decides to go back to a more rock based sound, the people who love his country bluegrass sound will have an opinion about that as well. Each to there own I say

Hi Ya Ally, me ole mucker,

Yea, just WHO do these Big Headed Rock Stars think they are hey? they purposely go out to get as BIG a Following as they can, then just when everybody's hooked they pull the plug. :o

Now what would i do in the same circumstances?

Would I Take as much Hard (or Soft) Drugs as my body could take?

Would I Shag who ever came in too view?

Would I Shag and even have a Kid by my Former Wife's Sister, making our families equivalent to Red Necked Gypo's?

Would I Disappoint Billions of Loyal Fans? Or

Would I Satisfy my own Musical Cravings?

Would I Stash all of my Wealth? Or

Would I Ask my Vast Army of Loyal Fans to Support my Charitable aims with their Hard Earned Money?

Would I Give my Children Names that are as Pretentious as my own Lifestyle? Or

Would I Give them names like, Jimmy, Robert, John or Paul or George or, Na forget it? (Ringo) Richard, that's the one i mean?

Would I Expect to be treated like Royalty every where i go? Or

Would I Expect to be treated like any other Ordinary Person?

No I Wouldn't, would I? or Would I? :lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

So there is no truth to Jimmy Page wanting to reunite?

I didn't say that. Read it again.

Whatever you say.

If that's how you wanna play it. I thought I was participating in a discussion on a Led Zeppelin forum just like you or any other f***ker, but apparently everything I say is subject to "you think you know everything" or "whatever you say" type comments. Funny how that doesn't apply to everyone else.

Us other Led Zeppelin fans should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting to see them again.

"Us other"??? As opposed to what?

Take the chip off your shoulder. Want to see Zeppelin as much as you have to. Just don't blame any of them if you don't.

I didn't say that. Read it again.

If that's how you wanna play it. I thought I was participating in a discussion on a Led Zeppelin forum just like you or any other f***ker, but apparently everything I say is subject to "you think you know everything" or "whatever you say" type comments. Funny how that doesn't apply to everyone else.

"Us other"??? As opposed to what?

Take the chip off your shoulder. Want to see Zeppelin as much as you have to. Just don't blame any of them if you don't.

bait.gifwave.gif

Archived