Robert Plant 2010 Tour

Love how you two nimrods think anyone gives a flying toss about your exchanges here. That practice alone should be enough to get you bounced. Throw in your boredom and lame attempts at humor and they should throw in a flogging for good measure. "I love that word 'flog.'"

Robert Plant and the Band of Joy! What song from the new album are people enjoying the most in the live show so far?

Love,

Billy

ILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET BACK FROM THE JULY 30TH SHOW BILLY,AND IM NOT YELLING AT YOU EITHER-LATER DUDE-STEVE COWART

No Knebby, you have it wrong. I am trying not to keep fighting. You don't like it when someone criticizes Robert. I get that. But I also think that you are trying to get me outed. And knowing my past, you know it won't take much, and you are trying to speed up the process by attempting to get under my skin.

There are so many hilarious things about this - the main one being that I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER who you are - and even less interest- so many people have been banned around here, the only one I recognise every time is Joel and I just ignore him (are you Joel in a really clever disguise????) Oh- and Pauline - but you're too literate to be her.)

Another is that you quote MY post, ask me a question, and then make deliberately inflammatory comments, and then you accuse ME of baiting you when I answer you!

Listen Mr Previously banned member - whoever the f**k you are/were - if you don't wanna engage with me, don't quote my posts and ask me questions. Simples.

A possible answer to Gigi's and Deb J's posts about taking negative about Robert, or anyone else's music, is that,

There is negative in life just as positive. To take the stand of saying NOTHING instead of something negative, if that's what you feel, is a copout. It's NOT about loyalty or not. It's discussion about aspects of a musical direction or performance or some other change that fans don't like.

To refrain from speaking because you may have a contrary opinion from the "positive" posts is WIMPY as hell !

Of course when someone speaks that way, for some reason, they're seen as always negative. The positive is overshadowed because of inner "rage", anger or the fact that one's "Idol" has been criticized.

If you like something someone does 100% fine, if not, speak your mind.

Oracle, I get your point, but there are quite a bit of un-called for comments...such as your WIMPY comment! I deal with enough unpleasant things in life. I am here to discuss music and in particular Led Zeppelin.

Edit: I apologize to everyone for taking this thread off topic.

I will be attending the show in Clearwater. I have never been to the Ruth Eckard Hall where he is playing but from what I can gather, it only has about 40 rows in it! So looking forward to seeing Robert again, it has been since Miami '98 on the Page/Plant tour that I last saw him. It will be my 9th Plant show overall.

Peace.

Hi Walter!! You're going to Ruth Eckerd Hall?? You'll LOVE it.....around 1200 seats and there's not a bad seat in the place. GREAT ACOUSTICS....HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME. peace

Oracle, I get your point, but there are quite a bit of un-called for comments...such as your WIMPY comment! I deal with enough unpleasant things in life. I am here to discuss music and in particular Led Zeppelin.

Edit: I apologize to everyone for taking this thread off topic.

you tell em deborah jsmile.gif

It's late 2007/2008 all over again when I pretty much decided to take a break from here because of all the negativity.

There's a difference between saying "hmmm I don't think this tours for me, its not rocky enough and I don't like the new arrangements" to whining about lack of Zeppelin and starting arguments with other forum members. Constructive criticism is good, whining isn't.

Of course I'd love a Zeppelin reunion more than anything however I also happen to think that Robert is making good music. Raising Sand has been growing on me listen after listen and the current band sound amazing. I especially love the fact that Robert is covering a Richard Thompson song, who is one of my favourite musicians. You see if the 2007 show never happened I bet more people would like this music.

I think Robert is somewhat like Ritchie Blackmore now; some happy to embrace his new direction others moaning because he isn't playing Smoke On The Waterin Deep Purple anymore.

Anyway, roll on the tour, can't wait. If you wan't hard rocking music, Them Crooked Vultures will oblige when they're next on the road and I'm sure Jimmy's new tour (if the album comes out) will be rocky.

This is pathetic. I wish the mods would delete much of this thread. Silvermedalist - you pull the same argument time and time again and you keep getting banned and come back with the same argument verbatim.

Bottom line is we all love Led Zeppelin or we wouldn't be on this board. But they ceased to be a band 30 years ago and the surviving members have moved on to different projects. It's totally fine to not love everything they're doing and it's okay to say that but what is uncalled for is the level of nastiness about it towards the member (mostly Robert) and towards other members who state their opinion and their support of said member.

This is pathetic. I wish the mods would delete much of this thread. Silvermedalist - you pull the same argument time and time again and you keep getting banned and come back with the same argument verbatim.

Bottom line is we all love Led Zeppelin or we wouldn't be on this board. But they ceased to be a band 30 years ago and the surviving members have moved on to different projects. It's totally fine to not love everything they're doing and it's okay to say that but what is uncalled for is the level of nastiness about it towards the member (mostly Robert) and towards other members who state their opinion and their support of said member.

I doubt I was banned for my opinions. More for being spurred on into a fight. I am done on this thread. You can all have the final say. Have a nice day.

Didn't you just say something a few posts ago about "doing it before the window of time closes"?

How spoiled are you? Even if you don't like the new stuff (which would be surprising as we have had almost no opportunity to hear it yet), Robert Plant is on the road and he is singing a whole pile of classic Zeppelin tunes. You can sit at home and complain that you don't like the way he is singing them, or who he is singing them with, or you can go and see one of the greatest of all time doing his thing. If you really are a huge Zep fan, maybe you should take your own advice and go out and see RP one more time before the window of time closes. I can tell you this much, you likely will never regret going as much as you might regret not going. You will always have the CDs but who knows how many more tours he will choose to do.

While you are at it, go see TCV and if Jimmy puts something out, as promised, go see that too. These guys are all legends and while my personal preference would be to see them together, I never miss the opportunity to see them in any capacity. When any of them take the stage, I still get an awesome rush. Especially with RP. One day they will call it quits, and I know I won't just long for more Zep, but I will long for just a little more of anything from any of them.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! AMEN BROTHER!

I doubt I was banned for my opinions. More for being spurred on into a fight. I am done on this thread. You can all have the final say. Have a nice day.

I have lost count. Is that the third or the forth time you are "done on this thread"?

:hysterical:

Okay, let's see if I've got this right. Most of us would love to see the remaining members of Led Zeppelin record something and tour but some of us are very content with the direction Robert and the other members are taking. Some, not so much. Mmmmmm.. sounds like The Song Remains The Same wink.gif

CLASS DISMISSED

guitar_mood.gif See you in September guitar_mood.gif

well I am looking forward to the shows I am going to but the 1st isnt until Sept 2nd but theband wil have warmed up nicely by then and then a couple of weks later the album comes out. I have to say that I would have preferred an album to litsen to before the shows but how can I complain really?

well I am looking forward to the shows I am going to but the 1st isnt until Sept 2nd but theband wil have warmed up nicely by then and then a couple of weks later the album comes out. I have to say that I would have preferred an album to litsen to before the shows but how can I complain really?

Good point ! Consulation for me is that if he does head my direction then no doubt I will have heard it. Safe to say that I'm not going to judge this tour or his new music by what I've seen on YouTube.

An album would have been nice but saying that both times I saw him in 2005 Mighty Rearranger hadn't come out yet and I was still blown away. In fact, the then unreleased material was the highlight of the shows.

An album would have been nice but saying that both times I saw him in 2005 Mighty Rearranger hadn't come out yet and I was still blown away. In fact, the then unreleased material was the highlight of the shows.

I saw the Mighty Rearranger tour twice prior to the release of the album and I couldn't agree more. It was so fantastic to hear all those songs like that! Made the anticipation of the album coming out that much greater. I also saw the Dreamland tour prior to that release - same thing.

I'm going to the Phoenix show tonight, and I have to say, I'm a little excited about going and not fully knowing what to expect. While I passed on the Krauss tour in 2007, I have seen Robert a good 15 times or so, and I think this might be the first time I have seen him before his new album came out (although possibly in June of 1985 when I saw him in Phoenix, Shaken and Stirred might not have come out yet. Or, if it did, it was only two weeks old or so).

It's sort of a throwback to the old Zep days. What US tour weren't they on, when they toured ahead of the album release? Zep 1, toured US that first tour before the release date. Zep 2, started playing it during the 4th tour of US that year, and I believe those dates were before the release of Zep 2. Zep 3, they toured the US before that came out. Same with the untitled album in 1971. Towards the end of the summer 72 tour, they previewed songs from Houses of the Holy, and in 75, most of that US tour was complete by the time Physical was released.

I'll tell you what though: it's been hard NOT looking at all these You Tube viseo postings from Robert's first few shows this tour! So, it should make for a more fun, surprising experience tonight, although I do know the basic set list. That I cheated on! :)

Image22-1.jpg

Image23.jpg

Used my webcam to take this picture, not the best quality, but here's the front and back of a t-shirt I picked up at the Robert Plant/Band Of Joy concert tonight in Phoenix.

Hello all! I started this topic as you can see and read as a topic for Robert Plant's 2010 (mini) tour of which I have a ticket for his show in Dallas, Texas in 2 days. As I have stated since my first post, I am overly excited to be in the "Presence" of Mr. Plant.

As usual, this topic seems to have veered way off course. As WE all know, everyone has their own opinions and reasons for saying what we (they) they (we) say. I respect that. As most of us would agree, we would all Love to see Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham onstage together. Anywhere in the whole world. Specically in the city that we live in. Unfortunately, that is not happening (at least at the moment, if ever).

With that said, I AM GOING TO A ROBERT PLANT CONCERT THIS FRIDAY. TWO FUCKING DAYS FROM NOW! With the exception of those who are fortunate enough to have Robert tour their city, how many people on this planet can say that they are seeing (or have already) seen Robert Plant? I just consider myself to be very fortunate and lucky at the same time.

Hey lzzoso, warm him up for me!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to the Houston show Sat. night! :banana: Can't wait, I can totally understand your excitment. So looking forward to it.

HEY, THEY STILL HAVE GREAT TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THE HOUSTON SHOW!!!!!!!!!!! Check out eBay and ticketsnow.com

(Two are mine because I bought two tickets about 2 weeks after they went on sale and they were pretty decent tickets, but Mon. of this week I wanted to see if the show had sold out, went to ticketmaster and I saw that 2 really great tickets were available. Well, I was undecided as to whether to buy them or not. I certainly don't need 4 tickets! I got to the very end of the transaction where all I had to do was hit the buy button and was like "this is crazy! do I really want to do this! Hell, it's Robert f-ing Plant! but, I already have tickets, but these are on the 3rd row!" Well, I had 7 more minutes to decide before the transaction would be cancelled, so I decided to get up and go get a diet Coke. When I went to get up, my finger was still on the mouse and I clicked on "Buy"!!!!! Whoops! Well, now I have 2 too many tickets. They are listed on eBay and ticketsnow.com if any one is interested. ;) For well below what I paid for them, BTW!)

I totally get your excitement. It's sooooooooooooooo good to have someone have the passion for the man/music that I do. Like you said, some don't care for it, so I say, don't go. But as for me...July 26 in Austin, TX!

PLUS, a HUGE bonus for me is I get to meet ZeppFanForever, who will be attending the concert with me and my sister!

MY LIFE RIGHT NOW IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pics PhxHORN! Glad I slipped and ended up with the better seats! That will be my view now except from stage right! Better wear my platform sandals so I can see when everyone stands up - vertically challenged you know. :)

Archived