Rate the Song Above You

MMAharaja

I'll play.
King of the North - Wanted
Competent standard hard rocking song. Good scream. Great drumming. Very predictable riff. Almost like the Cult. Well recorded. The initial guitar flourish was nice. Ultimately like rock comfort food. 6/10

Listen until the end.

Kind of whimsical.... like the 5th Dimension's Marry me Bill meets XTC. Look them up. Not my cup of tea but attractive.... 6 for execution.

The smoking' hottest band right now.

Kind of whimsical.... like the 5th Dimension's Marry me Bill meets XTC. Look them up. Not my cup of tea but attractive.... 6 for execution.

I see what you're saying re: the 5th Dimension, and also, I was listening to a docu about Judee Sill the other day where Andy Partridge of XTC was talking about his love for her music, so.

Like the vibe and playing! I give it a solid 9, probably a 10 if I had a good buzz going....

^ I like The John Butler Trio but hadn't heard this song. Probably needs a few more listens....I'll give it a 7

^ My one friend is really into BRMC, I really liked that one so I'll give it a 7 - I feel like it'll grow on me the more I listen to it.

Really really good song. That man can write music...love the drum sound, very warm mix. Was that recorded at his studio with the board from Sun Studios?

I'll give the Foo's an 8 all day long.

http://youtu.be/OBi7PGpXbj4

^^I like it! Very Experimental! 7.5/10

Wonderful little gem that is forgotten by many. I got into these guys back around this time thanks to a cousin of mine who lives in Montreal. Rick Allen was so young in this.

I would give this a solid 6 out of 10 the song was loads of fun. Def Leppard who were from 1970's England were always a cut above the shit from 1982 California that tried to copy them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkN-PDSh74A

Wonderful little gem that is forgotten by many. I got into these guys back around this time thanks to a cousin of mine who lives in Montreal. Rick Allen was so young in this.

I would give this a solid 6 out of 10 the song was loads of fun. Def Leppard who were from 1970's England were always a cut above the shit from 1982 California that tried to copy them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkN-PDSh74A

^ The song reminded me a little of early Ash, perhaps. The melody was a tad generic, but still, I'd give it a 6. However, if I were rating the video, I'd give it a 12 out of 10 on the "awful 90's video-o-meter" that I created specifically for that video.

^ The song reminded me a little of early Ash, perhaps. The melody was a tad generic, but still, I'd give it a 6. However, if I were rating the video, I'd give it a 12 out of 10 on the "awful 90's video-o-meter" that I created specifically for that video.

I like the way it builds up and comes to a sonic climax at the end.

http://youtu.be/iBqtNH7oIYU

Nice sexy groove. Kinda in the Gorillaz mode, but spacier, looser. Soothing, but not my speed. 5/10 for me.

Listen through to the end..... the breakdown outro is amazing!

Cool tune...Ive not heard of these guys until you've posted a couple of their tunes on this thread. They rock....they have a sound like Chris Cornell and the guitarist from String Cheese Incident formed a band together. 7+

Really really good song. That man can write music...love the drum sound, very warm mix. Was that recorded at his studio with the board from Sun Studios?

I'll give the Foo's an 8 all day long.

Yes, it was recorded in Dave's studio 606! Not sure if it was recorded with the board from Sun Studios... He hadn't acquired the board from Sound City yet, the album Wasting Light was recorded with that, though.

That cover of WTLB is pretty cool! Totally different vibe than the original, which I think sounds great. 6 outta 10

Another Foo's because why not :bubble:

Archived