Rate the Song Above You

MMAharaja

^8

My mom who is a student teacher, is doing her practicum at this day care centre where there is this rather troublesome little boy called Jude (who is 2 years old and who pretty much tries to eat everything he sees)! :lol: She sang this song to him and he started to giggle! LOL! Imagine that! :lol:

^^ 9 I love psycedelia, She's A Rainbow is a great psych tune. Stones is one of my all time fav bands.

This one is probably even more weird, it's by The Accent and this is the only single they released. But hell what a 45!!! The B-side is great too.

^9 Beautiful stuff! I think you'll agree with me when I say that psychedelic rock aint just a genre of music but its pretty much art! :D

Here's another strange psychedelic tune :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUg7xl4kKUw

To some, this might sound like gibberish! But to me and I'm sure to you too Swede, this sounds divine! ;)

Only Hendrix could perfectly depict the very sound of aliens landing on planet earth by using his guitar! He's a legend! Far far far ahead of his time!!! :wub:

^^ 8 Yes, Hendrix's guitar playing is definitely beautiful in that tune. Of course Redding and Mitchell does a fab job on bass and drums too.

How about some heavy blues rock from fab Ten Years After? It's 6:49 minutes of pure energy!!

^^ 9 LOL, I haven't heard that one before, it's awesome though. Nice with the breaks and the guitar "melody" is frickin' cool. LOL

Speaking of wicked guitar melodies, here's another instrumental, but with surf guitarist Dave Myers & The Surftones. I have this 45! :)

^^ 7.5 Apache is a cool tune. Shadows made a couple of great tunes too.

Listen to these Canadians, The Sadies. They don't play surf, but their music is definitely influenced by it, together with a bunch of other genres. The Sadies is one of my favorite new bands. Great guitarists and I love the vocals too. Check out their latest album, Darker Circles, it's fuckin great!!

Their latest video:

^8.5 That was really really nice! This band is going into my list of bands that I need to check out ASAP (along with Witch) :D

Speaking of Witch :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH3Iv6_VPYg&feature=related

This is the song which pretty much aroused my curiousity...the riffs here make me kinda dizzy in a very very very good way! LOL! ;)

And this is my 400th post!!! :banana:

Archived