Robert Plant Upcoming Concert Meet & Greet

Ok, I was reading the Robert Plant Band of Joy thread and there was some discussion about whether or not he does meet & greets. One poster, I don't remember who, said that he does, but really didn't give any specifics as to how one goes about doing this.

I have tickets to the Houston concert in the end of July and would love, love, love to be able to meet Mr. Plant!!!!!!!! I probably wouldn't be able to say a word, just stare and worship. :blink: Probably not a good candidate for a meet and greet - LOL, but I'll worry about that later . . . .

Can anyone out there enlighten me on how to find out if there is a meet & greet for this particular show and if so, how do you partake? Is it only an insider thing?

They are usually advertised through ticketmaster as part of a VIP ticket purchase, but you have to read it because some include meet and greet and some just good seats/shirt, etc.

I haven't heard anything on one for Robert.

either way, enjoy the show!

They are usually advertised through ticketmaster as part of a VIP ticket purchase, but you have to read it because some include meet and greet and some just good seats/shirt, etc.

I haven't heard anything on one for Robert.

either way, enjoy the show!

I really doubt it. Don't think he's into meeting people like that. I've heard RP can be hit or miss when you meet him. I've heard just as many bad stories as good ones. It probably helps if you are an attractive girl. ;) As for Jimmy and Jonsey, I've never heard a bad story about people meeting either of them.

As for Jimmy and Jonsey, I've never heard a bad story about people meeting either of them.

Make sure Jimmy's dear photographer friend is not there. ;)

I've heard that Jonesy is usually polite towards fans but often refusing to sign.

I knew being able to do a meet and greet would be a shot in the dark, but had/have to at least try. Ticketmaster wasn't offering VIP seating for this concert just best available at the time of ticket purchase. If they were I missed it. :slapface:

And, Wolfman ------ my fear would be that if I would be able to get in on a M&G by some miracle, RP would be less than charming (in other words a dick) and I would be totally crushed. Then my image of him would be tarnished. Guess it's better to just live with my perception of the man.

I'm sure the show will be fabulous. I'm curious as hell to know what RP and the Band of Joy are going to do. Is it going to be more like his Strange Sensation music or will it me more like his work with Allison Krauss, or something in between? Will it be like a re-hash of his original Band of Joy back in the mid-60's? Since this union is so new, there is nothing out there to use as a barometer.

Any thoughts?

I knew being able to do a meet and greet would be a shot in the dark, but had/have to at least try. Ticketmaster wasn't offering VIP seating for this concert just best available at the time of ticket purchase. If they were I missed it. :slapface:

And, Wolfman ------ my fear would be that if I would be able to get in on a M&G by some miracle, RP would be less than charming (in other words a dick) and I would be totally crushed. Then my image of him would be tarnished. Guess it's better to just live with my perception of the man.

I'm sure the show will be fabulous. I'm curious as hell to know what RP and the Band of Joy are going to do. Is it going to be more like his Strange Sensation music or will it me more like his work with Allison Krauss, or something in between? Will it be like a re-hash of his original Band of Joy back in the mid-60's? Since this union is so new, there is nothing out there to use as a barometer.

Any thoughts?

I saw Robert with Strange Sensation in 2001 before Dreamland came out. I had no idea what the record was going to be like or what their sound was about. Was one of the best concerts I've seen. It's a lot of fun to be surprised. You can be sure it'll be amazing. Not just because Robert's so talented but the people he's working with are stellar in their own right.

I knew being able to do a meet and greet would be a shot in the dark, but had/have to at least try. Ticketmaster wasn't offering VIP seating for this concert just best available at the time of ticket purchase. If they were I missed it. :slapface::slapface:

Any thoughts?

I've had 10 years of Robert Plant meeting everyone except me.. so annoying.  Robert Plant's street rep in Boston MA is that of being a man of the people. Up through the late 90's he was considered approachable, disarming, and conversational. I guess that was a while ago now.

I suppose if I ever did meet him I'd tell him.. uh.. that Zeppelin was really great. :slapface::slapface:

I really doubt it. Don't think he's into meeting people like that. I've heard RP can be hit or miss when you meet him. I've heard just as many bad stories as good ones. It probably helps if you are an attractive girl. ;) As for Jimmy and Jonsey, I've never heard a bad story about people meeting either of them.

I've seen Robert be very charming with fans and also incredibly brusque. I have to say that the majority of times the approach - timing, attitude, etc - was the issue, but of course he has good and bad moods like all of us.

The first time I met Jones he was unfriendly to the point of being rude - I was disappointed, but reminded myself that he has bad days. I think it was wise to remember that. :beer:

Having met some of my favourite musicians in the past, may I offer the following suggestions.

1. Don't do it. Let it happen naturally, if at all. Contrived meetings are uniformly awful and awkward encounters.

2. Don't force it to happen. Why should your desires and wish-fulfillment be more important than those of your object of affection?

3. Don't get drunk and/or stoned and then blabber like an idiot in front of your idol. The shame and embarrassment will haunt you FOREVER. Believe me, I know. With sincere apologies to Henry Rollins and Jello Biafra. Yup, I did it twice. Ah, to be a cretinous student again.

4. Do take what you can get and enjoy what you have. I mean getting tickets and enjoying the gig. Everything else is gravy.

5. Really, I mean, apart from maybe getting a photo and sharing a moment with the man, what need is being fed by wanting to meet Plant? Yes, it's lovely to be his presence, I imagine, but never forget you're only one of hundreds of millions of people who love Zeppelin. Imagine waking up every day and knowing that you're on the receiving end of adoration and attention from MILLIONS!

Finally, my wife often said that she'd never want to purposefully meet the singer, Mark Lanegan, because she'd be awestruck and might not actually like him. Then we met him by accident outside his hotel in Galway last month while on tour. Said a very quick hello. Didn't say anything untoward or silly. Got some quick pix and then left him to it. Of course, when we walked around the corner we went insane from the shock and joy. Definitely worth it in this case, but it was a natural event and so we had no expectations. And walked away with our honour intact.

• 1 month later...

Make sure Jimmy's dear photographer friend is not there. wink.gif

I've heard that Jonesy is usually polite towards fans but often refusing to sign.

jonesy is a gentlemen and didnt blink an eye for pictures and autographs on the zooma tour back in 2000

Having met some of my favourite musicians in the past, may I offer the following suggestions.

1. Don't do it. Let it happen naturally, if at all. Contrived meetings are uniformly awful and awkward encounters.

2. Don't force it to happen. Why should your desires and wish-fulfillment be more important than those of your object of affection?

3. Don't get drunk and/or stoned and then blabber like an idiot in front of your idol. The shame and embarrassment will haunt you FOREVER. Believe me, I know. With sincere apologies to Henry Rollins and Jello Biafra. Yup, I did it twice. Ah, to be a cretinous student again.

4. Do take what you can get and enjoy what you have. I mean getting tickets and enjoying the gig. Everything else is gravy.

5. Really, I mean, apart from maybe getting a photo and sharing a moment with the man, what need is being fed by wanting to meet Plant? Yes, it's lovely to be his presence, I imagine, but never forget you're only one of hundreds of millions of people who love Zeppelin. Imagine waking up every day and knowing that you're on the receiving end of adoration and attention from MILLIONS!

Finally, my wife often said that she'd never want to purposefully meet the singer, Mark Lanegan, because she'd be awestruck and might not actually like him. Then we met him by accident outside his hotel in Galway last month while on tour. Said a very quick hello. Didn't say anything untoward or silly. Got some quick pix and then left him to it. Of course, when we walked around the corner we went insane from the shock and joy. Definitely worth it in this case, but it was a natural event and so we had no expectations. And walked away with our honour intact.

you are right,i have met a lot of rock stars including plant and jonesy and unless you have a tangible contact or friend ,planning stuff like that most of the times just falls thru the roof and then you have a bunch of girls walking arond crying there eyes out because they built up all this excitement thinking they were going to meet there idol and now there mad at you because you failed them.ive been a local roadie stagehand since 1984 at the lakeland civic center and central florida venues and most of my encounters with stars actually came about in the hallway or in catering,rock on dude zep rules

Meeting fans on the road?

I think Geddy Lee of Rush says it best when he sings "I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend".

i dont know if you know this or not steve,geddy only sang what peart wrote,peart has wrote every song that they have ever done except the first album,so technically it should be I THINK NEIL PEART SAYS IT BEST-lol,if you did know this i by no means was insulting your wisdom-cya

i dont know if you know this or not steve,geddy only sang what peart wrote,peart has wrote every song that they have ever done except the first album,so technically it should be I THINK NEIL PEART SAYS IT BEST-lol,if you did know this i by no means was insulting your wisdom-cya

I am fully aware Peart is their lyricist which is why I said when Geddy Lee sings as opposed to said. There is a truly wonderful semantic argument in all of this but I hope you'll agreee life's too short to explore this further.

smile.gif

I've seen Robert be very charming with fans and also incredibly brusque. I have to say that the majority of times the approach - timing, attitude, etc - was the issue, but of course he has good and bad moods like all of us.

The first time I met Jones he was unfriendly to the point of being rude - I was disappointed, but reminded myself that he has bad days. I think it was wise to remember that. beer.gif

Knebby,you mean bobbie,just kidding,hope you have a sense of humor,lol-i couldnt resist-take care

I am fully aware Peart is their lyricist which is why I said when Geddy Lee sings as opposed to said. There is a truly wonderful semantic argument in all of this but I hope you'll agreee life's too short to explore this further.

smile.gif

you are right steve,definitely too short my friend,by the way rush is probably my second favorite band,when i worked the rush show at the orlando arena on the Roll the Bones tour i ran truss spot and my man was lifeson,out of all the spot calls i did that was the only flawless show i did,remember it like it was yesterday,i can still remember the lighting director saying "and spot #3,your man is alex in a frame 5,unless i say different you will always be on alex in a frame 5,3 second fade outs unless i say different,any questions".Those were the days. the local production company i worked for was IMC Productions which is owned by Billy Collins who was rush's main rigger from 1977 till i beleive the Test For Echo tour,he retired and handed the job over to his son.i have rush tickets to the ford amphitheatre in tampa this oct.1st,cant wait-thanks steve

• 2 weeks later...

There was a meet and greet for the Mobile Show 28 july 2010 but I did not find out about it till later did manage to meet everyone in both Bands except Robert but I have met Him several times and will get another chance later this year .

Archived