Baton Rouge '75

tom kid

I have recently acquired the SBD recording of this show. NQ absolutely smokes, one of the best versions I've ever heard. Jonesy is on fire on the piano.

Anyway, I was just wondering what is the best AUD version of this show to get? I've read that it is a great recording. Just wondering what recording would be the best.

I have recently acquired the SBD recording of this show. NQ absolutely smokes, one of the best versions I've ever heard. Jonesy is on fire on the piano.

Anyway, I was just wondering what is the best AUD version of this show to get? I've read that it is a great recording. Just wondering what recording would be the best.

At the Den of Traders there is one labeled 12th gen (it's not) that is the best recording.

^^^^

Damn right...that audience recording kicks the soundboard's ass in my not so humble opinion. :D We know Freezer threw that "12th gen" out there just to fuck with everybody's heads, as is his wont, but that T.D. version has got to be a 1st gen or something close to it. I had "Battle Of Baton Rouge" but whatever they did with the aud tape made it a bit overbassy and doesn't really do the recording justice. That 12th gen version is pure, and shows what a fantastic recording it really is. "No Quarter" kills- first version with an actual piano...

Probably my favourite '75 show.

^^^^

Damn right...that audience recording kicks the soundboard's ass in my not so humble opinion. :D We know Freezer threw that "12th gen" out there just to fuck with everybody's heads, as is his wont, but that T.D. version has got to be a 1st gen or something close to it. I had "Battle Of Baton Rouge" but whatever they did with the aud tape made it a bit overbassy and doesn't really do the recording justice. That 12th gen version is pure, and shows what a fantastic recording it really is. "No Quarter" kills- first version with an actual piano...

Probably my favourite '75 show.

Rampagin Cajun sounds good to me.

Rampagin Cajun sounds good to me.

This is the title of the EV SBD recording that surfaced recently. There's no doubting that it's a great sounding board but I have found myself preferring good AUD recordings over SBD recently, I used to be the other way round.

Archived