The 'I've picked up my wristband and this is how the day went' thread

My son and I waited for three hours...mind-boggling to say the least. But things improved thereafter: We decided to head back via Clipper and so headed down to the dock. As we approached the dock, security walkie-talkies could be heard barking that "Jimmy and Robert were due at the arena in 15 minutes!" The Clipper had not arrived yet so we waited in the dockside room. Perhaps 10 minutes later, a cabin cruiser pulled up outside, and as my son and I were busy discussing the possibility that one or both of them could be on that boat, Jimmy Page got off surrounded by a team of about 6-8 security men. My son and I leapt from our waiting room seats and trailed Page and the team as they headed up the dock ramp towards the arena. Quite a nice end to an otherwise withering o2 experience!!! (By the way, I captured video of Page from behind as he made his way to the arena....this will make it to Youtube in the future!)

My son and I waited for three hours...mind-boggling to say the least. But things improved thereafter: We decided to head back via Clipper and so headed down to the dock. As we approached the dock, security walkie-talkies could be heard barking that "Jimmy and Robert were due at the arena in 15 minutes!" The Clipper had not arrived yet so we waited in the dockside room. Perhaps 10 minutes later, a cabin cruiser pulled up outside, and as my son and I were busy discussing the possibility that one or both of them could be on that boat, Jimmy Page got off surrounded by a team of about 6-8 security men. My son and I leapt from our waiting room seats and trailed Page and the team as they headed up the dock ramp towards the arena. Quite a nice end to an otherwise withering o2 experience!!! (By the way, I captured video of Page from behind as he made his way to the arena....this will make it to Youtube in the future!)

O yes you have to Youtube it.

when you get the time give us the link. :thumbsup:

So why isn't it posted yet? Huh? lol

What a lucky break!

What a day - I got to the O2 at 13:00 in line by 13:15 - got my tickets and wrist band at 16:40 so a little under 3 -1/2 hours. Yeah it took a long time but that was part of the experience.

They had 12 desks inside divided by letter of the alphabet to correspond with surname – each desk processed one set of tickets at a time and if we are being generous they turned one set every 90 seconds mins.

This means each desk process 45 sets in one hour, equal to 540 across the line. = 1080 tickets per hour. They were open for 8 hours therefore assume 8640 tickets were issued today. The safe bet because of early teething problems, this it more likely to be 7500, thus leaving potentially another 10,000 + tomorrow. The message therefore is get there early and fast and allow 4 hours from the main doors. If they took longer the 90 seconds per pair then ………………………………….

Oh and beware that you will no doubt have someone who will complain about everything for 3.5 hours. This was the only down side of the day. Two a-holes; one a Brit one American. The Brit seemed to think he knew everything about Zeppelin and took immense pleasure moaning about it all, including "don’t know why I bothered being here". The American from Chicago complained constantly about how appalling the ticket allocation was and how poor the facilities at the O2 were and how bad the queue was and blah blah blah.........

It so annoys me that ungrateful idiots feel that they have to moan about NOTHING. It’s not cool you know, just sad.

Good luck to all and enjoy the show.

HI All, we picked up tickets and wristbands for the gig, we were in the queue, 3hrs but its worth it !! I am at the hotel at mo but just about to leave for the Zeppelin party !!

Give more in fo later !! :)

:cheer: hi leddy n angel of avalon n the rest of the gang thanx for posting im soooooo pleased for all u fans ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done everyone!

seems getting our tickets was not too difficult

i was lucky as i was in u to z queue!

bet everyone wished they were von smith now!

i thought the staff were helpful and very tired

there should have been much more on hand though

when i left at just before 6pm there were still queues i hope they were helped and not turned away

there was someone that walked past and said have you got a ticket for sale!

i did not see him but i dont think it was HG!

i also saw someone who had bought tickets take a friend and then turned round and said im not going; another friend is going instead of me! the staff said fine and gave the 2 wristbands to the friends! how does that work? hope they are ok tomorrow...

one of the staff said that standing area he thought was 4000 which is quite a small number which should be great!

see u all tomorrow, dont DO anything silly before the concert...be there don't miss it!

"i also saw someone who had bought tickets take a friend and then turned round and said im not going; another friend is going instead of me! the staff said fine and gave the 2 wristbands to the friends! how does that work? hope they are ok tomorrow..."

That'll be the pair of tickets and wristbands currently on eBay then......

Just got back from the pub after an eventful day. 2.5 hours queueing for wristband this afternoon. Met an American couple and a pair of Slovakians in the queue. Really nice vibe all round. Can't believe this is real! Roll on tomorrow...

Sounds like we can expect a similar 3 - 4 hour wait tomorrow then. I really don't mind as long as I get into the venue before the start!!

Has anyone taken a photo of their wristband yet? I want to see how cool it looks seen as it will be stayin on my wrist for a very loong time!!

Going to be a special atmosphere tomorrow I can feel it! See you guys there

Great story!!!! How fortunate to see the man himself....I'd be all calm & cool on the outside but screaming inside.......so, how did Jimmy look? What was he wearing? Were there a lot of other people hanging around & about the docks......And......is his hair still silver-grey (for those of the Jimmy dye hair thread)-:lol:

I wonder when the others arrived or perhaps Jonesy & Jason were already there.

Great story!!!! How fortunate to see the man himself....I'd be all calm & cool on the outside but screaming inside.......so, how did Jimmy look? What was he wearing? Were there a lot of other people hanging around & about the docks......And......is his hair still silver-grey (for those of the Jimmy dye hair thread)-:lol:

I wonder when the others arrived or perhaps Jonesy & Jason were already there.

Page was all in black...just like his security detail. His hair was grey/white...no different than the recent mag covers. No one else on the dock seemed to be there for LZ purposes so the two of us were the only ones to recognize him.

"i also saw someone who had bought tickets take a friend and then turned round and said im not going; another friend is going instead of me! the staff said fine and gave the 2 wristbands to the friends! how does that work? hope they are ok tomorrow..."

That'll be the pair of tickets and wristbands currently on eBay then......

Those f--cking lying dick was promoters! They were full of shit from the beginning. Ill never believe them again. HG is a prick.

I'm pleased to say that after a two hour wait in the queue...

Chicken and Lee are now all sorted for tickets and wristbands!

Chicken, you're going....OMG!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

It seems a lot of people who weren't going here are now going...that's fantastic!!! I remember all a lot of sad smilie faces......now it's all fantastic!!!

have a fun time Chicken!!!!

Chicken and Lee --- that is bad-ass that you've gotten your wrist bands and that you took a photo together! Sigh... my heart is barely beating right now.... am completely sad about the fact that I could not go, but I am SO DAMN EXCITED for the rest of you!!!

Can someone please take photos of every minute detail tomorrow? I'm talking from the moment you fucken park or get off the metro, to the entrance, panoramic views, EVERYTHING!

Wow, to think that in less than 12 hours, that place is going to be packed and brimming with energy...

Archived