quick Question regarding demand for this concert

.......sorry if this has been asked b4,

how many mere mortals successfully logged onto the site for tickets,

some reports say a million, some say 20 million just in the first day alone, which is correct ?

Hard to say because no one knows how many fake email addresses were created by scalpers/touts to enter the contest. Also, no telling how many people entered multiple times. Or set up a computer to mass enter the drawing. I wouldn't even be comfortable guessing.

I think 1.2 million registered for tickets and the website had 20 million hits

All the bst

Andy

Hey Andy, thanks. Quick question: Does anyone know how many registrations were discarded as duplicates/frauds?

I probably registered a dozen times, simply because it took so long to get the confirmation email.

At first the website didn't even have a dedicated server, FFS, no wonder it kept crashing!

:wtf:

Your welcome :)

I think there where probably quite a lot of multi applications, but these sites can usually filter out same emails and/or possibly same addresses but Im sure it doesnt take away the huge demand there has been to see the greatest rock band there has ever been.

I would like to say that I hope they do tour, I feel very honoured to be going tommorow but hope that all those who have not been able to go get the chance.

All the best folks

Andy

It would be interesting to learn all the facts about this.

I think it's good that there was at least an attempt to stop touts.

Wether this method has been at all successful seems questionable.

Sadly I don't think there is any way to stop them.

Archived