World Cup 2010

toscano

Yeah my island is really 'miserable'. Such a horrible place to live. How can I stand all this misery.rolleyes.gif

small_Isle_of_Wight_18th_June_2004_013.jpg

freshwater_cliffs.jpg

appley_beach2_wp.jpg

LuccombeChineW.jpg

Winkle-Street-July08.jpg

shank.600.jpg

sunset6.dc600.jpg

IMGP4796.jpg

And not forgetting my favourite pub here:

SpyglassLowerTerrace.jpg

'Miserable' island? Thanks for the laugh. ohmy.gif

Pst went swimming in almost 30 degree temps on Saturday. Very warm and sunny here. No need to go anywhere else. smile.gif

Beautiful place indeed!!!!! Would love to see it someday!!

Goin easy on the Germans all of a sudden Big Dan? How many ale's have you had? You must be on your 35th after today's fiasco? They had no damn business losing. Period! Bad officiating and worse coaching. mad.gif

Hi 'silvermedalist'

I say it as i see it, England were/are Shite, and nothing either i or you or anybody says can change that, the Krauts did a job on us and deserved their win, the gaol that wasn't allowed would have only given us a reprieve, we were dead and buried long before we went on to the pitch, in my honest opinion anyway.

When you think that over half of the Premierships players are Foreign, we have a Foreign Manager who can hardly understand or speak English, to say nothing of Fifa and the FA, then we really never had any real chance of doing well, and that's without even looking at the way the players approach playing for England. I wouldn't want any one of them in my trench, and if i did find one in with me i would serve him up to the enemy piecemeal, and if any one of them get any sort of Medal for Services to Football or for anything else then I'll admit that England had truly gone to the Dogs.

Woof Woof, and Regards, Danny the "English Bull Terrier"

PS, And i dont drink alcohol by the way, Tea is my tipple, always had been, a drink only fit for the Worlds Most Civilised People. :o;):lol:

Hi 'silvermedalist'

I say it as i see it, England were/are Shite, and nothing either i or you or anybody says can change that, the Krauts did a job on us and deserved their win, the gaol that wasn't allowed would have only given us a reprieve, we were dead and buried long before we went on to the pitch, in my honest opinion anyway.

When you think that over half of the Premierships players are Foreign, we have a Foreign Manager who can hardly understand or speak English, to say nothing of Fifa and the FA, then we really never had any real chance of doing well, and that's without even looking at the way the players approach playing for England. I wouldn't want any one of them in my trench, and if i did find one in with me i would serve him up to the enemy piecemeal, and if any one of them get any sort of Medal for Services to Football or for anything else then I'll admit that England had truly gone to the Dogs.

Woof Woof, and Regards, Danny the "English Bull Terrier"

PS, And i dont drink alcohol by the way, Tea is my tipple, always had been, a drink only fit for the Worlds Most Civilised People. ohmy.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

If the dip shit refs had seen the damn ball in the net the game would have been totally different. You cant cheat a team out of a goal in a game like soccer. Its too hard to score. If its 2-2 do you honestly think England would have left so little defenders back? Not unless the damn coach is nuts. They figured they had to press and they got burned when it was turned over. True, the first goal was the defenders fault and the goalie is pure shit. How does he let that shot in and try and guess the guy is going to kick it far left? He has to protect what he can and leave the defenders to help. Which none of them did I will admit. New coach is needed for sure. But the refs helped do the English in. I do not think Germany will beat Argentina. No way.

Hello,

wonderful pictures .

Best wishes

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Thank you. Glad you liked the pics. I suspect toscano does too, but he won't say so. I've been all over the world and while there are lots of great places, there are none better than where I live and I'm greateful that I live here. Very relaxed and chilled out place.......well except for when the smellies come over for the music Festival for one weekend each year hehe. :P

You too Silvermedalist. Howdy! A fair few Americans come here, especially in sailing season (the America's Cup began here). You'd be welcome mate. :)

Post some pics in November or February when you're not having a freak heatwave

We have lots of sunshine and warm weather every year here, matey. It's not 'freak' at all. My 'miserable' island does this weather often. B)

But.......no forest fires, no droughts and oppresive heatwaves, no earthquakes, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no ice storms, no long winters......and no smog.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Cheers!

Now excuse me. I have to get ready. Off out to this 600 year old pub later. Don't you wish you were here? :P

suninn.jpg

We have lots of sunshine and warm weather every year here, matey. It's not 'freak' at all. My 'miserable' island does this weather often. cool.gif

But.......no forest fires, no droughts and oppresive heatwaves, no earthquakes, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no ice storms, no long winters......and no smog.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Cheers!

Now excuse me. I have to get ready. Off out to this 600 year old pub later. Don't you wish you were here? tongue.gif

suninn.jpg

So you would be off the coast of Southamton or Portsmout>? Love the pics

@mangani where do were in which Country? and in which City?

Best wishes

Bernd

Hey Bernd,

I live on the Isle of Wight, England. A small beautiful island south of Southampton.

:)

Toscano wants to move here now.

So you would be off the coast of Southamton or Portsmout>? Love the pics

Yup. You can come via either Southampton or Portsmouth. Only a half hour to an hour's ferry ride away.

I should have posted all this in the England thread. Oh well. :(

Yup. You can come via either Southampton or Portsmouth. Only a half hour to an hour's ferry ride away.

I should have posted all this in the England thread. Oh well. sad.gif

I looked it up. Found it. Great place. I would love to go someday. Will have to move it higher up the wife's list.

I looked it up. Found it. Great place. I would love to go someday. Will have to move it higher up the wife's list.

Ah the wife has a long list huh? :D

It's fairly cheap to get here and accomodation isn't very expensive. If you like scenery, old villages, country pubs and hiking it's great. We do have some bigger towns too. Newport is the capital but it's hardly a metropolis as you can see here hehe:

020623_5e5bd233.jpg

I thought before the WC that english pundits were overlooking the impact injuries and players recently returning from them would have on the team. Seriously it seems like everyone forgot what happened with Rooney in 2006, almost the same injury and while as this time he managed to play he simpley wasnt in anykind of form so soon after it. Add to that Barry coming back from injury aswell and still no Hargreeves to cover him and perhaps most importantly of all no Ferdinand or King in defence. Fans might love Terry's blood and thunder but he needs a partner next to him who can read the game and that just isnt Upson who dispite scoring looked totally clueless at the back.

Ah the wife has a long list huh? biggrin.gif

It's fairly cheap to get here and accomodation isn't very expensive. If you like scenery, old villages, country pubs and hiking it's great. We do have some bigger towns too. Newport is the capital but it's hardly a metropolis as you can see here hehe:

020623_5e5bd233.jpg

It is fabulous. You are lucky to be there

If the dip shit refs had seen the damn ball in the net the game would have been totally different. You cant cheat a team out of a goal in a game like soccer. Its too hard to score. If its 2-2 do you honestly think England would have left so little defenders back? Not unless the damn coach is nuts. They figured they had to press and they got burned when it was turned over. True, the first goal was the defenders fault and the goalie is pure shit. How does he let that shot in and try and guess the guy is going to kick it far left? He has to protect what he can and leave the defenders to help. Which none of them did I will admit. New coach is needed for sure. But the refs helped do the English in. I do not think Germany will beat Argentina. No way.

Mate, I'm really impressed. For a "newbie", this is an impressive read of the game that many people I know didn't even pick up on. See you guys in the next world cup :beer:

Mate, I'm really impressed. For a "newbie", this is an impressive read of the game that many people I know didn't even pick up on. See you guys in the next world cup beer.gif

Thanks. Actually, I am kind of an old newbie. I was hoping those pics of the Isle of Wigt were still here that Mangini posted. All gone. I guess England really took a beating in the papers over there. Much second guessing will be done. About the coach, the choices and whether Rooney should have gotten some chance of getting his A game on in time for the Cup. Too bad they cant take a break from the English league to avoid injuries before the World Cup and if they were to need conditioning, play in either the MLS or the lower league that my own city of Rochester is in for a few games, but Im sure its too complicated financially.

Brazil will be tough to beat. I dont see the Dutch beating them. Spain or Argentina it will take IMO.

Disregard. Pics are back. Took time to load. Thanks Mangini

Am I glad some of the bigGER Shits like ITALY (Campioni del Mondo MY ASS; hahahahahah!!!) , ENGLAND, etc. were kicked....bit sorry for the USA though although their technical level is low.

I think Donavan is a hell of a player. I am picking Japan to win this upcoming game. And you all know what that means.

I would be surprised if this game between Spain and Portugal goes to penalty kicks. Thinking Spain wil find a way but Portugal is getting incredible goaltending. Another great stop as I type. This, a team that put up 7 in a game. This goalie would have been better than the ones in that Japan game. What a joke. Both of them diving and guessing. It seems that they ether try and beat you high or to the corners. So if I were a goalie trying to stop one penalty kick, I would try jumping up with both my arms out to stop the high one. Ball in. Spain up 1-0. Say bye bye to your defensive game Portugal

It sure looks like Brazil is on a collision course to play either Spain or Argentina in the final. Anyone beating Brazil before the final would be an upset. Spain and Argentina could be a classic game. To me its a three team toss up. I don't see Germany winning but I suppose its possible.

Archived