World Cup 2010

toscano

I guess with FIFA, it's all about money! It's sad that corruption is ruining football! :unsure: The whole world knows that it is England who practically invented football! It would have been nice to see England play host! Very disappointing not seeing that happen! :(

I guess the World Cup in 2022 is going to be a pretty big disaster! Serves FIFA right! :angry:

And like you, I do hope that the British media dig up a lot of dirt on FIFA! The BBC can make a documentary or something and call it FIFA Exposed : What Really Happens Behind Closed Doors or something like that! I'm sure it will be very fascinating documentary to watch! B)

n207475530329_5395.jpg

Ha ha, well done Boris!

London 2012 - Mayor cancels FIFA's London 2012 rooms

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05122010/58/london-2012-mayor-cancels-fifa-london-2012-rooms.html

London Mayor Boris Johnson has revoked FIFA's free hotel rooms at the city's exclusive Dorchester hotel during the 2012 Olympic Games.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter and his team had been in line to benefit from the rooms during the two-week sporting extravaganza in the city.

However following the controversy of the 2018 World Cup vote, which saw England knocked out at the first-round stage with just two of a possible 22 votes from the FIFA executive committee, Johnson has decided that they should not receive the freebie.

He is yet to comment on the decision, which was taken after he met with Sebastian Coe, chairman of Olympic organising committee LOCOG - the body responsible for handing out the accommodation.

Russia was awarded the tournament and tiny gulf state Qatar the one four years later, which has led to a chorus of disapproval in the football world - and especially in England.

After the humiliation, Johnson - who lobbied for votes in Zurich alongside prime minister David Cameron, Prince William and David Beckham - said the result was a "big blow and tremendously disappointing".

"We put together a cracking bid, our technical specification was top-notch and our stadiums would have been packed to the rafters," he added.

Also angry at the awarding again of the tournament to nations relatively lacking in facilities are the USA, Australia and Spain/Portugal.

England's loss has been blamed by members of the FIFA committee on two media investigations into corruption within the organisation, while the Sunday Times has published further claims of 'World Cup votes for sale', quoting a "whistleblower".

FA chief executive Alex Horne has said he will push for reform in the World Cup bidding process.

Mangani is right. Its bullshit that this middle eastern country gets the World Cup. Where in blazes is it anyways? In the middle of God damn nowhere? England and the United States, it should have been one of them for sure. Who gives a rats ass about that middle eastern country? What will it do for soccer? If soccer were to get the United States on board it would be a tremedous lift for the sport. It would put it over the top. We have the populaion and the money whether the rest of the world likes it or not. This is a joke and its a bad thing for the sport. In the United States they wont care. NFL football, baseball, NBA basketball and NHL hockey are all that matter here. Soccer is not on the map as a major sport here. It had a chance to make big gains and now, I just dont know. Brazil we will watch and be interested at least. But when the middle east and Russia are mentioned its a turn off. Safe bet many of use wont live to see the next world cup in the United States or England. How in the hell can England not get the Cup? The FIFA is run by a bunch of fucking morons

Mangani is right. Its bullshit that this middle eastern country gets the World Cup. Where in blazes is it anyways? In the middle of God damn nowhere? England and the United States, it should have been one of them for sure. Who gives a rats ass about that middle eastern country? What will it do for soccer? If soccer were to get the United States on board it would be a tremedous lift for the sport. It would put it over the top. We have the populaion and the money whether the rest of the world likes it or not. This is a joke and its a bad thing for the sport. In the United States they wont care. NFL football, baseball, NBA basketball and NHL hockey are all that matter here. Soccer is not on the map as a major sport here. It had a chance to make big gains and now, I just dont know. Brazil we will watch and be interested at least. But when the middle east and Russia are mentioned its a turn off. Safe bet many of use wont live to see the next world cup in the United States or England. How in the hell can England not get the Cup? The FIFA is run by a bunch of fucking morons

All FIFA gives a damn about is money! Hell, that fuckin' organisation is ruining the game! I guess FIFA officials will stop at nothing to practically inflate their bank balances through the most corrupt means possible even if it means flushing the game of football down the bloody toilet! I guess at the world cup 2022, the players might be forced to wear that funny outfit which all Arab sheiks wear and play football? Ridiculous! I'll never ever get over the news that Qatar is playing host! Never! And have you heard? Qatar is already worried about the finances and the state of its infrastructure as far as hosting the world cup is concerned! Hell, that world cup is almost 12 years away and these sheik blokes in Qatar are already worried? Damn! This whole "event" is going to be a fuckin disaster from the word go! Wake up and smell the coffee FIFA!!!!

FIFA just don't like England and never have. They don't like the fact that England is the 'home' of football and they don't like the fact that the English Premier League is by far the most popular and wealthiest league in the world. Oh and they don't like the fact that England won't bow down and give them brown envelopes full of cash! The only reason why England had the World Cup in 1966 was because there were few other countries capable enough. Since then countries capable of hosting a World Cup has grown and now it looks like England won't ever get the World Cup again. It will be given to Greenland before England gets it again.

If you weren't aware, last week the BBC did a big expose on corruption in FIFA which was broadcast on t.v. I'm pretty sure that had major consequences and why England got just 2 votes.

I hope now the British media dig up more dirt on FIFA corruption. I'm sure they will find a shedload with the Russia and Qatar winning bids.

It's a real sham especially when you consider that both Mexico and Germany have hosted the tournament twice since 1970. TBH, it's long overdue to return to England and quite frankly, I can't think of a better place to stage the event.

Yeah true that about Germany and Mexico although I believe one of them (Mexico '86 I think) wasn't due to host it. Columbia was going to have it but just a few years before decided they couldn't pull it off and Mexico was the only South American/Central American country to be able to step in at short notice and have it instead. Still you are quite right Ally (and Silvermedalist/Kiwi).

Ha ha, well done Boris!

London 2012 - Mayor cancels FIFA's London 2012 rooms

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05122010/58/london-2012-mayor-cancels-fifa-london-2012-rooms.html

London Mayor Boris Johnson has revoked FIFA's free hotel rooms at the city's exclusive Dorchester hotel during the 2012 Olympic Games.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter and his team had been in line to benefit from the rooms during the two-week sporting extravaganza in the city.

However following the controversy of the 2018 World Cup vote, which saw England knocked out at the first-round stage with just two of a possible 22 votes from the FIFA executive committee, Johnson has decided that they should not receive the freebie.

He is yet to comment on the decision, which was taken after he met with Sebastian Coe, chairman of Olympic organising committee LOCOG - the body responsible for handing out the accommodation.

Russia was awarded the tournament and tiny gulf state Qatar the one four years later, which has led to a chorus of disapproval in the football world - and especially in England.

After the humiliation, Johnson - who lobbied for votes in Zurich alongside prime minister David Cameron, Prince William and David Beckham - said the result was a "big blow and tremendously disappointing".

"We put together a cracking bid, our technical specification was top-notch and our stadiums would have been packed to the rafters," he added.

Also angry at the awarding again of the tournament to nations relatively lacking in facilities are the USA, Australia and Spain/Portugal.

England's loss has been blamed by members of the FIFA committee on two media investigations into corruption within the organisation, while the Sunday Times has published further claims of 'World Cup votes for sale', quoting a "whistleblower".

FA chief executive Alex Horne has said he will push for reform in the World Cup bidding process.

Haha yeah I saw that Ady. Good. England aren't ever going to get the World Cup for the forseable future so why not get our own back in any little way we can? LOL.

It should've been awarded to a country that had never hosted it before and at least had a population and infrastructure to cope with it.

The USA or Australia would have been the two obvious choices.

However, as with most everything nowadays it's about the money and not about promoting and growing the sport.

FIFA might be in for the shock of their lives in something happens, especially in Qatar.

I guess with FIFA, it's all about money! It's sad that corruption is ruining football! :unsure: The whole world knows that it is England who practically invented football! It would have been nice to see England play host! Very disappointing not seeing that happen! :(

I guess the World Cup in 2022 is going to be a pretty big disaster! Serves FIFA right! :angry:

And like you, I do hope that the British media dig up a lot of dirt on FIFA! The BBC can make a documentary or something and call it FIFA Exposed : What Really Happens Behind Closed Doors or something like that! I'm sure it will be very fascinating documentary to watch! B)

n207475530329_5395.jpg

I completely agree Kiwi with everything you say. I don't follow football, but I followed the news story last week because I was just interested to see what country got it. I assumed (in my ignorance) that we (the English) had in the bag, especially since Prince William, the PM and David Beckham went to represent England. I was shocked when it was announced in was going to held in Qatar! :o You're right, it has disaster written all over it! A lot of work colleagues were so disappointed becasue they said they would probably never live to see another World Cup held in this country.

We have the stadiums, the facilities required to host it, Qatar sure as hell doesn't! And it would have been so much better for the British economy than the bloody Olympics Games. There's so much corruption in FIFA. :angry:

It should've been awarded to a country that had never hosted it before and at least had a population and infrastructure to cope with it.

However, as with most everything nowadays it's about the money and not about promoting and growing the sport.

FIFA might be in for the shock of their lives in something happens, especially in Qatar.

As I said, Australia would have been the best choice for 2022 without doubt. They have never hosted it. The USA hosted it in 1994 and that's the only reason why I would have gone for Australia over them. If the USA hadn't hosted it in 1994 (i.e fairly recently) then they would have been the best choice.

Maybe FIFA is trying to stay away from the 'Anglosphere' countries for the future? Especially as it was just in South Africa , another Anglosphere country.

And I always thought I knew my geography Where in the blazes is Qutar!!!!:unsure:

^

As I said up there in another post, Qatar is a little blob poking out into the Persian Gulf just to the right of Arabia. It's about the size of the state of Connecticut. :slapface:

They must be crazy. Dumb ass's. How do they think this is going to be a success? What nations will want to go there? I will say the United Arab Emirites, Dubai is a fabulous place. I dont know how close it is to that? Beaches and motels are very upscale. The annual Dubai World Cup of horse racing is a very succesfull event with many coming from the USA and Japan and all over. They are very decent people unlike their neighbors on the other side of the Persian Gulf. Its just oo close to trouble for my liking to have the World Cup soccer there.

Yep! And plenty of opportunity for FIFA officials to inflate their bank balances! dry.gif

Now come on...your not actually saying the Putin and his cartell or some money laundering sheik had anything to do with FIFA 's decision . Surely you must know that Blatter is above all that :lol:

Archived