World Cup 2010

toscano

You're right.....what really matters is that Brazil hasn't played like England....or Italy....or France....or Spain. :D

Ay least not yet. :P;)

But really comparing Kaká and Romário is completely senseless....they're completely different, as players and as men. That's what I meant by go do your homework, BG, you can't judge Kaka for this game, I tell you.

Anyway.....what really matters IS 3 -1. Sorry to tell you. :D

Hi 'brspled'

And i hope very very much that Brazil don't ever, never, play like England....or Italy....or France....or Spain, you are so good i hope you never, ever, have to, and even before i support England, i always want Brazil to do well, i couldn't care less if England win just as long as the Fairest and Most Skillful Team Win, and that has always been Brazil, please don't change the way you play just to win, you really don't need too.

As for Kaka, I'll take your word for it that he is a different player than Ronaldo, but on just today's game i will tell you that i didn't like his antics, and if by his sending off he doesn't learn that playing cleanly is much more advantageous than playing dirty (like Ronaldo does) then i hope he goes the same way and gets more yellow and red cards, for i know he can achieve immortality as a player using just his skills rather than acting like an idiot.

You will never, never, in a trillion years convince me that winning by cheating is as good as winning by skill, because being a cheat and supporting cheating shows me what a person is like in their heart, and what an empty heart those people have, and what hollow victories they long for, and for the most part those people are Christian people, and that's what really makes me laugh and cry at the same time, because Jesus would not approve of that kind of hollow victory so why should I? And Shame on you for trying to convince me otherwise.

But look at it this way, its only a game, but if winning bothers you so much, like it bothers the Argentinians, Germans, Italians, Spanish, French et all, then i hope you're dreams come true, for it would give you more pleasure than it would me to see my Country win by any other means than playing FAIR, i for one will be supporting the Most Skillful and Fairest Team in this tournament, at the moment thats Brazil, and i hope and pray it remains so for i truly love the way you approach and play the game, just keep it honest is all i say.

Regards, Danny :beer:

PS, Just to say, if it was WAR then you would see a different side to me, many have, Kushty, you know it makes sense, yes? :o:lol:

I was brought up on a Brazil Side that showed the world how mind blowing ball control and honest fair play could win a world cup, the team i saw today lacked these attributes in abundance, and it sickens me.

Hi Big Dan,

Brazil haven't been an entertaining fair side since the days of Zico and Socrates in the 1980s. Since then they have been like any other side and have tried to win at all costs.

Seriously, the last 2 times Brazil won the World Cup they hardly did it in style. And as for fair play, remember Leonardo and his elbow in USA 1994?

Or Rivaldo and his play acting by the corner flag in 2002?

I get annoyed when some of the media still think Brazil are the greatest entertainers in the game. That hasn't been the case for decades.

I get annoyed when some of the media still think Brazil are the greatest entertainers in the game. That hasn't been the case for decades.

Couldn't agree more, Mangani. If Brazil are so wonderful, how come they've only won the World Cup twice since 1970?

As for the 'greatest entertainers in the game', at the moment this accolade must surely go to the current French squad. What a bunch of garlic-munching TOSSEURS. Having revealed their total ineptitude to the whole wide world over the course of two thoroughly dire performances that would almost be worthy of the England team, they have now proceeded to implode in spectacular fashion. In typical Gallic fashion, they went on strike yesterday, and succeeded in ritually humiliating Domenech (Alistair Darling on a Bad Hair Day, anyone?) by forcing him to read out a statement in which he was effectively condemning himself, following which they wouldn't allow him back on the bus and he had to make his own way back to the hotel.

It will surely come as no surprise if they refuse to play their final group game tomorrow. Fine, you Nazi-collaborating Frog A-holes, bring it on, and then watch in horreur as FIFA ban you from all competitions forever :D

Hi Big Dan,

Brazil haven't been an entertaining fair side since the days of Zico and Socrates in the 1980s. Since then they have been like any other side and have tried to win at all costs.

Seriously, the last 2 times Brazil won the World Cup they hardly did it in style. And as for fair play, remember Leonardo and his elbow in USA 1994?

Or Rivaldo and his play acting by the corner flag in 2002?

Hi Mangani,

Those two got passed me, i have to agree with you about the rest, it seems that Brazil are not the nice guys that i thought they were, they still play some amazing football though, its my obsession with fair play that keeps me from supporting football in general, i haven't seen a live game since the mid 80s and i have never paid for sky sports, ever.

I guess its back to watching topless darts from Roehampton or nude volleyball from Juggsville. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

man, 7-0!! Portugal might beat Brazil. Sure cant take them lightly now.

Hi Ho Silver,

North Korea, not really world class are they? they collapsed in the second half after giving Portugal a run for their money in the first, still a good moral booster for the "Portageese". Ronaldo even seemed to be smiling, the commentator said it was his first goal for Portugal in two years, not an impressive record for such a talented individual hey?

Regards, Danny

Hi Ho Silver,

North Korea, not really world class are they? they collapsed in the second half after giving Portugal a run for their money in the first, still a good moral booster for the "Portageese". Ronaldo even seemed to be smiling, the commentator said it was his first goal for Portugal in two years, not an impressive record for such a talented individual hey?

Regards, Danny

If you score 7 goals in a World Cup game, I dont care who its against. Its impressive. And the goals were very artistic. Headers were perfect. Spain will try and run up the score if possible Im sure this afternoon. I wonder if England can muster a better performance and take care of the team that sucked out on the US? I sure hope the US and England both win. I am cheering for Uruguay too tomorrow. I like that team.

2-0 Spain and I think they will get at least two more. They need to try and keep scoring for that goal differential. The Swiss cant score. They try and win on defense just like in hockey. I hope that maybe Honduras can tie or beat them that way Spain will be in by beating or even tying chile. Want the best teams to get to the second round. I think Argentina will bring Greece crashing back to Earth.

The problems with the French team are one thing. They are toast, finished. But England is not. They better get on the same page and fast and get ready to beat this Slovania team. Its just unimaginable to see them going home in the first round. I expect a far better effort and result.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!goal.gif

Does anyone know what that little African boy is yelling when the world Cup broadcasts start?

Weeza goin' to sizzla!

Weeza goin' to sizzla!

Have you seen him? He puts his hand up to his mouth and yells out something in Africano. No comrendo. Bawaba bawaba.

Haven't seen it, but Bawaba Bawaba means Chitlin's with redeye gravy!!

Cheap malt liquor for a beverage.

Look it up!

So when does this thing end?

Reminds me of the endless NBA playoffs.

blink.gif

after 3 games two teams survive the first round from each of the 8 divisions. Then there are 16 teams left and it becomes elimination. You lose, you go home. So when that starts, it goes faster but it will be a few days between games

So when does this thing end?

Reminds me of the endless NBA playoffs.

:blink:

Easy now. It only comes around once every 4 years and teams from all over the world compete. It can't be done and dusted in a week. :)

South Africa needs to win by 4 assuming it stays 1-0

If it goes to 2-0, then they need to win by 3

Or they can get in if Uruguay scores more goals. The goal differential the key. I just wonder what happens if two teams are tied in all categories. Head up tie, same points and goal differential? Then what?

Cmon, go Uruguay! Go South Africa. Send the French packing and the Mexicano's back to their trailor's!!

Or they can get in if Uruguay scores more goals. The goal differential the key. I just wonder what happens if two teams are tied in all categories. Head up tie, same points and goal differential? Then what?

1. Goal Difference

2. Goals Scored

3. Head-to-head

4. Coin Toss

Don't think we've ever had the coin toss

The good thing about today is that the cheating French bastards got their comeuppance, shame about South Africa going out though, i would have loved to see them do well, now England can crash and burn and have our gobby useless team and mercenary manager get an early flight home, and start all over again to get ready for 2014. :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, Come on the USA. :whistling:

Archived