World Cup 2010

toscano

Oh God CLEAR goal for England not called in. WTF????!!!! Another brutal ref decision. How could it hurt to implement video replay???

These bastard refs sealed England's fate. No way you can overcome that in soccer. Its too hard to score and it forces you out of your game. Its bullshit.

The most astonishing thing about that game was that the cameraman managed to find an attractive German woman :D

Still, looking on the bright side, Wayne Rooney's received lots of film offers. I hear he's in line for the lead role in a remake of The Invisible Man :P

Hey England, Germany's 1966 team called, they said "Karma's a bitch"

Scalped any Redskins lately 'toscano'? and by the way? when are you gonna get yours?(Karma) maybe when Al-Qaeda join up with the remnants of Your Very Own Holocaust hey? :whistling:

I thought the Germans did a very professional job on the Scurvy Brats of England, maybe they sucked a few too many Limes and that quenched their Thirst for Victory, you wait until 2066, you'll see a different England team than, we'll probably still loose but we might put up more of a fight.

Regards, Danny

Hey England, Germany's 1966 team called, they said "Karma's a bitch"

What's it got to do with you? And the times your dirty cheating Italian boys have gotten wrong calls is staggering.

Oh and by your "Hey England" comment I suppose that included a certain Robert Plant? You know that famous English football fan?

Muppet. :rolleyes:

How can they constantly get so many things wrong? They let Argentina win the damn thing on a hand ball, and then they call it the "hand of God"? And now days the refs are still stinking up the World Cup. You cant beat bad officiating. If its 2-2 the whole game is different. England would nt be forced to press and get burned by giving up odd man counters. That one bad call or no call doomed them. But they should get rid of this coach in my opinion. He sucks. He did not do a good job.

Hey Dan, you're a funny guy sometimes, but I'm not American so I really have no idea why you're directing Redskins and holocaust type comments at me. You need to find a different windmill.

What's it got to do with you? And the times your dirty cheating Italian boys have gotten wrong calls is staggering.

Oh and by your "Hey England" comment I suppose that included a certain Robert Plant? You know that famous English football fan?

Muppet. :rolleyes:

Call me a waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhmmmmmbulance

How can they constantly get so many things wrong? They let Argentina win the damn thing on a hand ball, and then they call it the "hand of God"? And now days the refs are still stinking up the World Cup. You cant beat bad officiating. If its 2-2 the whole game is different. England would nt be forced to press and get burned by giving up odd man counters. That one bad call or no call doomed them.

Exactly. England scored 2 goals in 2 minutes but the dumb officials ruled one of them out. That completely changed the game. Imagine the confidence and boost had England gone in at halftime at 2-2?? It's not as if it was a close call either. As the old saying goes "goals change games".

But they should get rid of this coach in my opinion. He sucks.

Yes. He brings on Heskey (who can't hit a barn door with his arse) when goals were needed. Unbelieveble. Keeps sticking Gerrard out on the left as well. Dumb dumb dumb.

Bye bye Capello. Go back to Italian club coaching.

Call me a waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhmmmmmbulance

You didn't answer my question.

Does your "Hey England" comment include the well known English football fan Robert Plant?

Or do you pretend Led Zeppelin weren't English (as you stuff that pasta down your throat)? :rolleyes:

You didn't answer my question.

Does your "Hey England" comment include the well known English football fan Robert Plant?

Or do you pretend Led Zeppelin weren't English (as you stuff that pasta down your throat)? :rolleyes:

I don't consider nationalities when I listen to music. Is that important to you ?

My comment is directed at any Englishman who revels in 1966 who conveniently dismisses the Geoff Hurst goal that really wasn't.

I don't know if Robert Plant falls into that category.

And even if it does it wouldn't affect what I think of his music.

Oh, and nice xenophobic comment about the pasta. That really gives you credibility.......

I don't consider nationalities when I listen to music. Is that important to you ?

I was right. You pretend Led Zeppelin weren't English. Thought so.

My comment is directed at any Englishman who revels in 1966 who conveniently dismisses the Geoff Hurst goal that really wasn't.

Really? You said all that in your initial post?

Funny that. All I saw was "Hey England".

I don't know if Robert Plant falls into that category.

Seeing as you wrote "Hey England" I suspect you didn't initially care, but now you have tried all sorts of crap to wriggle your way out of it.

Robert Plant isn't German now is he? He's an Englishman and you wrote "Hey England".

And even if it does it wouldn't affect what I think of his music.

"Hey England"

"Hey England".

Personally I would feel a complete twat if I went to a Lynyrd Skynyrd board and starting ribbing the USA for a World Cup loss (or any sports loss). In fact I wouldn't do it.

I certainly wouldn't go to a Lynyrd Skynyrd board are start off a post like "Hey America".

That would be stupid wouldn't it?

Oh, and nice xenophobic comment about the pasta. That really gives you credibility.......

What's "xenophobic" about mentioning pasta? It's a famous Italian food staple is it not and many (most?) Italians love pasta. In fact I am having pasta tonight and I'm not even Italian. I can't be a "xenophobe" about pasta if I'm eating it myself later. Can I? :unsure:

Franz Beckenbaur says its a disgrace to allow this at this level. An obvious goal is scored and they blow it. I just turned on the Spanish network, they are really hooping it up for this next game. Lots of Mexican fans. I just cant see them beating Argentina, but if they do, it would be a big upset in my book. I think Argentina will win and also beat Germany. Don't have a clue about the outcome of Spain and Portugal, but any team that can put 7 goals in must be feared. Even though it was against a terrible N Korean team. Spain probably wins a tough battle. Now that England and the US are out, it sure sucks. I would keep the arrival time in England a secret if I were that team coming back home.

I was right. You pretend Led Zeppelin weren't English. Thought so.

No, I don't CARE that they're English. I can keep Football separate from Music. You can't. Fair enough.

Really? You said all that in your initial post?

Funny that. All I saw was "Hey England".

I have yet to meet an Englishman who rues the unfairness of the 1966 WC final . Are you the one ?

Seeing as you wrote "Hey England" I suspect you didn't initially care, but now you have tried all sorts of crap to wriggle your way out of it.

Robert Plant isn't German now is he? He's an Englishman and you wrote "Hey England".

I have yet to meet an Englishman who rues the unfairness of the 1966 WC final . Are you the one ?

"Hey England"

"Hey England".

(wow, cutting and pasting IS easy !

Personally I am a complete twat, and if I went to a Lynyrd Skynyrd board and starting ribbing the USA for a World Cup loss (or any sports loss). In fact I wouldn't do it.

But that's because you have an inability to separate the nationality of a musician from Sports.

We're on a FAN forum with fans of all nationalities.

We're not a "send messages to Robert plant" board as you seem to think we are.

I'm on fan forums of other bands (some American) where many fans take pot shots at US culture, economic or political policies in sweeping general terms, and yet I have NVER seen a response along the lines of yours a la "Maynard wouldn't appreciate that", or "do you include James in that thought "

What's "xenophobic" about mentioning pasta? It's a famous Italian food staple is it not and many (most?) Italians love pasta. In fact I am having pasta tonight and I'm not even Italian. I can't be a "xenophobe" about pasta if I'm eating it myself later. Can I? :unsure:

If you were African-America and I said "as you stuff watermelon and fried chicken down your throat" would that be innocuous ? No.

Somebody said somewhere..."It's not racist if it's true"...we all arguing about a bunch of peasants, of any country (beacause they all are) that earn a lot of money to juggle with a ball...yeah, that's smart....anyway thank god US and England are out, that has nothing to do with english music.

Somebody said somewhere..."It's not racist if it's true"...we all arguing about a bunch of peasants, of any country (beacause they all are) that earn a lot of money to juggle with a ball...yeah, that's smart....anyway thank god US and England are out, that has nothing to do with english music.

Up yours!!!!!!!!! Where are you from? Who do you cheer for?

No, I don't CARE that they're English. I can keep Football separate from Music. You can't. Fair enough.

So you think it would be perfectly ok to be a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan and go to a Lynyrd Skynyrd board and mock an American sports loss and start a post like "Hey America......."?

I would feel a twat if I did that.

I actually don't think it was a goal in 1966 but it was very close call and sometimes when you play it, well it actually looks in. It was a tight call and back in those days very understandable it was given.

No so the obvious 3 ft over the line goal today where NOBODY thought it wasn't a goal except for the officials.

(wow, cutting and pasting IS easy !

How many Englishmen have you met and do you bring up 1966 every time you meet an Englishman in order to see if they think the goal in 1966 was a bad call or not?

I suspect most Englishmen you have ever met do not even talk about 1966. I don't think I have ever mentioned the 1966 World Cup to any foreigner I have ever met in my entire life (and I've travelled to all continents except Antarctica).

Hell, I haven't even mentioned Maradona's Hand of God goal to any foreigner I have ever met and that was more recent.

You seem to think all Englishmen you meet should rue a wrongly given goal in the 1966 World Cup final and that if they don't then it's a terrible thing. Is that what you mean?

But that's because you have an inability to separate the nationality of a musician from Sports.

How can you not identify Led Zeppelin with being English? How can you not identify The Beatles with being English? How can you not identify Lynyrd Skynyrd with being American?

Geez, how can you not identify Shakira with being Columbian? How can you not identify Julio Iglesias with being Spanish? How can you not identify Rammstein with being German?

Etc etc????

We're on a FAN forum with fans of all nationalities.

A fan forum for an ENGLISH band. :unsure:

That doesn't mean anything to you? What a plank.

We're not a "send messages to Robert plant" board as you seem to think we are.

You said "Hey England". So why wouldn't Robert Plant..who is English and a football fan....be included in that? I'm sure the members of LZ have perused these boards at some time.

Just man up and admit you include the likes of Robert Plant when you made your address and dont try and wriggle out of it.

I'm on fan forums of other bands (some American) where many fans take pot shots at US culture, economic or political policies in sweeping general terms, and yet I have NVER seen a response along the lines of yours a la "Maynard wouldn't appreciate that", or "do you include James in that thought "

Don't believe you.

If you were African-America and I said "as you stuff watermelon and fried chicken down your throat" would that be innocuous ?

I have no idea. I am not aware of any specific correlation with watermelons and fried chicken to African-Americans. I've been to America though and I have seen white Americans eat both so its not something I personally would automatically associate with African-Americans. White Americans don't eat fried chicken and watermelons???? :o

I wouldn't take offence if some foreigner mentioned me drinking tea. I like tea and I drink it. Its part of being English to be associated with drinking tea, just like it's part of being Italian to be associated with eating pasta.B)

Archived