World Cup 2010

What the hell?? whey would Capello do that? Jeez no wonder England's players were unhappy

Thanks for the help with the acronyms :D

If Rooney's wife had been in South Africa with him he probably would have performed better.

Hi 'Starbreaker'

That's the trouble mate, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, et all, all know the score, if the players Play Away then so can the WAGS.

I bet those WAGS have been having a ball, every one of them has been given a Player that didn't get in to the squad to entertain them, just think of it, a guy that can pant, sweat, and dribble for 90 minutes with expertise Ball Control and if he arrives too early then they let you bring on any three out of five substitutes, now what woman could resist that? And if you want another 30 minutes of Extra Time the he will most certainly be ready, just don't ask him to get involved in Shoot Outs as he will most probably Miss the Spot. :lol:

Regards, Danny

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mangani,

Did you get to visit My Old Local when you visited Whitechapel?

I am afraid I did not. :( It was a late Saturday afternoon and places were packed everywhere. I don't I've ever been to an east end pub. How about that??? :o

Man. I cant believe Brazil lost. Unbelievable.

TBH, not a huge suprise to me . If anything, I'd say this result was a little overdue. The Dutch have always had the players to get to a WC Final but since 78 player egos and infighting always seem to get in the way. Maybe they've got it right this time

TBH, not a huge suprise to me . If anything, I'd say this result was a little overdue. The Dutch have always had the players to get to a WC Final but since 78 player egos and infighting always seem to get in the way. Maybe they've got it right this time

They lucked out on an own goal and the winner was a nice one. Argentina is my pick.

They lucked out on an own goal and the winner was a nice one. Argentina is my pick.

Not saying the Dutch will win it but they are definitely showing the resolve that it takes to do so. Going a goal down to Brazil is usually the kiss of death for most teams. This particular Brazilian team may not have had the talent of years past but still...it's Brazil !

Not saying the Dutch will win it but they are definitely showing the resolve that it takes to do so. Going a goal down to Brazil is usually the kiss of death for most teams. This particular Brazilian team may not have had the talent of years past but still...it's Brazil !

Can you think of a sport where an underdog has a better chance? I cant. Tomorrow I am picking Argentina and Spain. In case anyone wants to get on the next flight out ot Vegas and bet on Germany and Paraguay. Cant believe Ghana just scored. goal.gif

All right!!!! Go Uruguay!!!!!! Forlon is the most consistant striker I have seen. He never strikes a bad ball.

What a finish. Good call by the refs on the hand ball. Deserved all the way. Saved Uruguay for now. Hard to believe he missed the penalty shot.

Edited by silvermedalist

I'm lovin' this!

Those pretenders Brazil, GONE!

Hopefully the Huns are next.

Netherlands - Spain final?

We'll see.

The Netherlands get Uruguay? I call that pretty even given Forlon's ability. So if Argentina beats Germany they get Spain (assuming they beat Paraguay)? That will be perhaps the game of the tournament. I think its a toss up between Spain and Argentina. I would take the winner of that game over the Dutch boys for sure.

So in actuality we could have a guay final. A little late for the guay nineties, but the sentiment would still be there.

Paraguay calling Uraguay, like the pot calling the kettle black.

I hope neither has limp ankles. :rolleyes:

So in actuality we could have a guay final. A little late for the guay nineties, but the sentiment would still be there.

Paraguay calling Uraguay, like the pot calling the kettle black.

I hope neither has limp ankles. rolleyes.gif

If those two meet in the finals, stop the press's. It would take a miracle. But its possible

Nice goalkeeping by Uruguay, not so much by Ghana's keeper. By all means, that was Ghana's game at the end of extra time, but Africa ends up heartbroken. Great free kick goal by Forlan. With Suarez out in the next game it will be a very tough game against the Netherlands without him well it would be tough regardless. Abreu didn’t play all that well I thought except for his game winning penalty goal.

Nice goalkeeping by Uruguay, not so much by Ghana's keeper. By all means, that was Ghana's game at the end of extra time, but Africa ends up heartbroken. Great free kick goal by Forlan. With Suarez out in the next game it will be a very tough game against the Netherlands without him well it would be tough regardless. Abreu didn't play all that well I thought except for his game winning penalty goal.

I have to give Uruguay credit. It's not like the old day's when they used to kick anything that moved.

Great to see the perpetually dirty, cheating Brazilians finally getting what they deserved. All it took was for someone to stand up to them. They usually fall apart whenever someone takes the lead against them. England were spanking them in 2002 until that pussy Beckham jumped out of that tackle, and later when Seaman went walkabout. Brazil really ain't all that, and haven't been for 40 years. Well done Holland, keep on schmoking da schpliff :D

Shame that Uruguay didn't lose. That last-minute handball was a totally cynical move, and I hear Suarez may well be banned for the rest of the tournament as a result.

As for today's games: it would be just dandy if Argentina and Germany could BOTH lose. I desperately hope that neither of them wins the WC, but on balance I have to say that when it comes to footballing history, I despise the Argies far more than the Krauts, plus I'm about 1/32 Kraut, so COME ON GERMANY!!!!! "Der Sieg wird unser sein !!!!!!!!"

Spain v Paraguay? Paraguay, all the way. I don't care how they do it, they can break several Spanish legs and bore my pants off for all I care, but NO WAY should the primitive donkey-crushing racist scum make it to the final. Although, thinking about it, it would be even more heartbreaking for their horrible racist fans to lose in the semis or in the final.

ABS ('anyone but Spain') :P

Great to see the perpetually dirty, cheating Brazilians finally getting what they deserved. All it took was for someone to stand up to them. They usually fall apart whenever someone takes the lead against them. England were spanking them in 2002 until that pussy Beckham jumped out of that tackle, and later when Seaman went walkabout. Brazil really ain't all that, and haven't been for 40 years. Well done Holland, keep on schmoking da schpliff biggrin.gif

Shame that Uruguay didn't lose. That last-minute handball was a totally cynical move, and I hear Suarez may well be banned for the rest of the tournament as a result.

As for today's games: it would be just dandy if Argentina and Germany could BOTH lose. I desperately hope that neither of them wins the WC, but on balance I have to say that when it comes to footballing history, I despise the Argies far more than the Krauts, plus I'm about 1/32 Kraut, so COME ON GERMANY!!!!! "Der Sieg wird unser sein !!!!!!!!"

Spain v Paraguay? Paraguay, all the way. I don't care how they do it, they can break several Spanish legs and bore my pants off for all I care, but NO WAY should the primitive donkey-crushing racist scum make it to the final. Although, thinking about it, it would be even more heartbreaking for their horrible racist fans to lose in the semis or in the final.

ABS ('anyone but Spain') tongue.gif

Well you have your views firmly planted about these teams. Germany just scored. I bet Argentina. What else is new. I cant see Spain losing to Paraguay. It was surely the only way Suarez could prevent the goal that would have been the winner. But I dont know soccer like you so in most cases if its a deliberate attempt to hand it out, is it punished further than just a pentalty shot? Surely we all thought he would have converted the shot.

How the hell is Spain going to beat Germany? Not. I am cheering for Uruguay. Like Forlon and their team. But I think Germany will win it all.

It's ForlAn, silver.

Why would you WANT Spain to beat Germany? "Was ist los mit Deutschland?" Spain is an uncouth, uncultured and barbaric country. And their food sucks.

Holland v Germany final would be cool. Wouldn't really care who won it. Would be nice for the Stoners, as they haven't won it before. But it would be equally nice if Deutschland win, as it would make England feel less bad about losing 4-2 to them.

I don't think anybody can deny that so far Germany deserve it so I'm pulling for them. Spain have been jammy while the Dutch have been solid but unimpressive. Uraguay? Pah take Forlan out and they would be hopeless.

Come on Germany.

I don't think anybody can deny that so far Germany deserve it so I'm pulling for them. Spain have been jammy while the Dutch have been solid but unimpressive. Uraguay? Pah take Forlan out and they would be hopeless.

Come on Germany.

Agreed. Forlan is great. Do they have to play with 10 men? Does anyone know if teams win very often when there are ten men? And what are the most goals by one team have you ever seen in a pro soccer match? English league or any?

Agreed. Forlan is great.

The strange thing is Forlan was next to hopeless when he played for Man Utd in the Premier League. He just couldn't cope with English football.

Does anyone know if teams win very often when there are ten men?

I wouldn't say often but yes they sometimes do. It can happen. Sometimes it galvanises the players to fight harder when they go down to 10 men.

And what are the most goals by one team have you ever seen in a pro soccer match? English league or any?

I saw Liverpool beat Crystal Palace 9-0 in a league game once (late 1980s) and Liverpool beat Fulham 10-0 in a cup game (same era). Personally those are the highest I know of in a full pro game.

Agreed. Forlan is great. Do they have to play with 10 men? Does anyone know if teams win very often when there are ten men? And what are the most goals by one team have you ever seen in a pro soccer match? English league or any?

No they don't have to play with 10 men. They start again with 11. But knowing Uruguay, they'll probably end up with 10 or fewer later in the game :D

I think the highest UK score was 36-0 in a Scottish game many many years ago. You get higher scores in Scottish football for some reason. I expect it's because the teams often turn up to play completely drunk.

More recently, in a 2001 World Cup qualifying game in the 'Oceania' group, Australia beat American Samoa 31-0. I think the inclusion of countries like American Samoa and the Galapagos Islands was FIFA's own version of Affirmative Action, for the Socceroos' benefit.