World Cup 2010

toscano

Holland to win, deservedly. Here's how I came to this conclusion:

Take a stroll through Amsterdam. What do you see? Shops full of beautiful women and beautiful drugs.

Try the same in Barcelona, and all you'll see is bizarre, crypto-satanic Catholic rituals, and a surfeit of excessive female hirsuteness in inappropriate bodily areas. Oh, and people who sound like they're expectorating all the time.

Whether they deserve it is one thing. Whether they will win it is another. Spain is probably the best team but not by alot. So luck is always a factor. I think I will say that both team will indeed score. I will predict that. Neither will be shutout. But if there is a shutout, Spain wins.

I am going to miss the sound of the vuvuzela's and the sights of Africa! Better a view than I have ever seen at any World Cup or even at many of the Olympic games! Its been fun to watch.

I have never seen a break away like the one the Netherlands just had. In soccer ever!!!!!!

Whether they deserve it is one thing. Whether they will win it is another. Spain is probably the best team but not by alot. So luck is always a factor. I think I will say that both team will indeed score. I will predict that. Neither will be shutout. But if there is a shutout, Spain wins.

You called it spot on.

I'm not a soccer fan but decided to watch the final. No wonder they get all excited when a goal is scored. It doesn't happen much. I actually took a nap during the game because I became bored.

That trophy seemed anti climatic considering how hard a team works to win the final. I expected to see a gigantic gold globe in something along the line of the Stanley Cup. I guess it is the bragging rights for Spain that counts.

That trophy seemed anti climatic considering how hard a team works to win the final. I expected to see a gigantic gold globe in something along the line of the Stanley Cup. I guess it is the bragging rights for Spain that counts.

Its 18 k gold I hear and its certainly as impressive as the Lombardi trophy and the Stanley Cup is kind of bulky IMO.

What a crap final, surpassed in its wretchedness only by the result.

"One-nil to the Donkey Crushers"....am I really the only person in the entire football-watching world who finds watching Spain TOTALLY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING? If this is 'Beautiful Football', it's beauty in the Michelle Pfeiffer sense, whereas what we REALLY want is more of a Shakira/Beyonce hybrid. Don't we....?

Yadda yadda. Give me the African teams, with their tactical naivety but non-stop entertainment, over the pedantic, soulless Spanish anytime.

What a crap final, surpassed in its wretchedness only by the result.

"One-nil to the Donkey Crushers"....am I really the only person in the entire football-watching world who finds watching Spain TOTALLY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING? If this is 'Beautiful Football', it's beauty in the Michelle Pfeiffer sense, whereas what we REALLY want is more of a Shakira/Beyonce hybrid. Don't we....?

Yadda yadda. Give me the African teams, with their tactical naivety but non-stop entertainment, over the pedantic, soulless Spanish anytime.

If you think Spain is boring what about the Dutch? The dirty Dutch. That did nothing but foul and hack and try not to lose. They are the ones tha suck. Spain, at least they can pass and pass often and with some creativity. The English ref did a good job giving out yellows to those hacks. He did them a favor not giving a red when that guy got kicked in the chest. The winning goal was a nice shot Trip and you know it.goal.gif

I cant belive Manchester United is playing the MLS all star team, and Beckham I presume, on July 28th at 830 est. Sucks I will probably miss it. Will be 24 hours out of surgury

You could get some help,

clockwork-warner-b_1589440a.jpg

• 4 months later...

Where in the blazes is Qatar? Never heard of it. You will hear of it in the year 2012 if you are still around. It beat out the good old USA for the World Cup and to me its a travesty. So much for soccer ever being a top sport in this country. It just went out with the trash. And to make matters worse, losing out to a middle eastern country that is probably smaller than New York state will leave a bitter tast in the mouth's of even the most loyal fan. Brazil is up next and then Russia. I cant argue with Brazil, a very deserving nation. So now Russia has a World Cup and an Olympics on the way. Lets see how they handle it.

It's cool that an underdog like Qatar is getting a chance to host the World Cup. Can't say that I'm not disappointed that Australia is not going to play host but still for once the yanks and the Brits aren't in the spotlight! B)

It's cool that an underdog like Qatar is getting a chance to host the World Cup. Can't say that I'm not disappointed that Australia is not going to play host

Really? Most football minded people think it's pathetic. I wonder how much was 'bunged' in FIFA's direction to make sure Qatar got it? Corrupt bastards.

Qatar is an appalling choice. The heat is going to be ridiculous, almost nothing there to interest tourists, the opposing fans are going to be all on top of each other with almost no room to breath, everything has to be built from scratch etc etc.

Australia would have been a far better choice. I would have said the USA too but they had the World Cup in 1994 and it would have been preposterous and unfair for the USA to have hosted 2 World Cups in 30 years.

but still for once the yanks and the Brits aren't in the spotlight! B)

Hello!! England (the BIRTHPLACE of football) hasn't hosted a World Cup for almost 45 years and it will be at least 60 years until they do (if they ever do again which is unlikely now seeing as FIFA are determined to send World Cups to backwaters).

I can sort of understand why Russia was chosen for 2018 but England for sure had the best bid, the infrastructure is already there, better place for tourists, easier to get around etc.

FIFA just don't like the fact that England's Premier League is the world's most popular league and it has nothing to do with them. Oh and the fact that England won't bend over and fart out bungs in their direction too. :D

I hope the British press now go and dig up more dirt on these corrupt FIFA bastards. You never know, some of it might stick. My personal opinion is that UEFA shoud break away from FIFA and tell them to go shove it. The European Championships are of higher quality than the World Cup anyway. :)

I believe Qatar is a very weird choice as far as hosting the world cup goes. I do believe Qatar is a very conservative nation considering it's ummm "Islamic" background and all and quite frankly I really don't think they will make very good hosts as far as the football world cup is concerned. Given their ultra conservative nature, I think it's going to be a huge disaster. Just my two cents. And yes, Australia would have been a far better choice! Sheesh! :slapface:

A very very very bad idea FIFA! dry.gif And who cares about air-conditioned stadiums anyway? :rolleyes:

FIFA officials to me are now officially one of the most corrupt bastards who are out to ruin the game by enlisting countries like Qatar to play hosts! Oh blimey, I don't even know where the fuck that nation even is on the bloody map!:slapface:

Bottom line : There is no way in hell that Qatar will be able to handle it! :P

And Mangani, I agree 100% with every thing you said! Good post, by the way B)

Hey Kiwi Zep.

Thanks. These things just annoy me. Everyone can see that Qatar isn't the best place to have the World Cup in 2022.

You know, the more I think about it maybe Australia and New Zealand should have put a joint bid in, just like Japan and South Korea did in 2002?

Australia and New Zealand would have been an excellent choice and very appealing for the tourists. Qatar? WTF????? :o

By the way, as for where Qatar is, it's a tiny blob on the right side of Arabia. :D

I know what you mean Mangani! I nearly fell off my chair when I heard the news that Quarter (oh sorry! I mean Qatar! :lol:) is going to be hosting the world cup! I think it's silly to play football in the middle of the desert with all that sand flying around! :P And thanks for info on Qatar's location on the map! Much appreciated! :D

Well, I guess Australia and NZ should have put in a joint bid! Australia and NZ would have been a much better choice than a freakin' Middle Eastern country! :huh: I hope NZ can handle hosting the Rugby World Cup next year though! LOL! We'll just have to wait and see! :lol:

But I think it's best that a football world cup is always hosted by a European nation! :D

I was pretty shocked that England finished last as far as the bidding was concerned! Damn! :wacko::wtf:

FIFA just don't like England and never have. They don't like the fact that England is the 'home' of football and they don't like the fact that the English Premier League is by far the most popular and wealthiest league in the world. Oh and they don't like the fact that England won't bow down and give them brown envelopes full of cash! The only reason why England had the World Cup in 1966 was because there were few other countries capable enough. Since then countries capable of hosting a World Cup has grown and now it looks like England won't ever get the World Cup again. It will be given to Greenland before England gets it again.

If you weren't aware, last week the BBC did a big expose on corruption in FIFA which was broadcast on t.v. I'm pretty sure that had major consequences and why England got just 2 votes.

I hope now the British media dig up more dirt on FIFA corruption. I'm sure they will find a shedload with the Russia and Qatar winning bids.

Archived