Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
toscano

World Cup 2010

(What's with the generous 5 1/2 minutes of extra time???)

Alex Ferguson musta had a bet on them.

laugh.gif

Well well! Sweet victory for the Swiss ohmy.gifsmile.gif

(What's with the generous 5 1/2 minutes of extra time???)

Probably the most boring team in there. Think Chile will beat them (Swiss). They look like the New Jersey Devils of soccer. Spain must now win their games in style and think of the goal differential.

:D

Bets on the state of the ref's bank account?

On another note, hopefully the host team's troubles don't overshadow its efforts in the tourney.

SA coach faces suspension

Like Silvermedalist, I'd love to see more of South Africa, hopefully in person one day.

Face the facts, Reggie - the only reason you dags are even at the finals is because your qualifying group consists of joke teams like American Samoa, who you managed to beat about 75-0 last time.

If you were in Europe (er, thinking about it, most of you already are sad.gif), you'd have no hope of ever qualifying.

Lighten up mate and grow a sense of humour! rolleyes.gif

Dags, where'd you dig that up from, gibberer? blink.gif

So you're prejudiced against American Samoans eh?

What do you know?

We've had to play teams like Iran and Uraguay to qualify and unlike teams on the continent they're not exactly next door.

Aren't Everton and so on glad they are over there?

So much for Spain being favourites!

Seems that Chile are now the favorites to win group H.

Also I'm suprised at how badly Bafana-Bafana was beaten by Uruguay.

Seems that Chile are now the favorites to win group H.

Also I'm suprised at how badly Bafana-Bafana was beaten by Uruguay.

Yeah things kind of unraveled there. That red card and penalty kick was a brutal call.

Every WC there seem to be controversies with refs. Starting early this time around, it seems.

That little coke pig Maradona doesn't look very comfortable in a suit, does he?

If he's paying to have them tailor-made, one suspects that the cutting & stitching is being performed by the True Hand Of God. And He is clearly a vengeful God :D

That little coke pig Maradona doesn't look very comfortable in a suit, does he?

If he's paying to have them tailor-made, one suspects that the cutting & stitching is being performed by the True Hand Of God. And He is clearly a vengeful God biggrin.gif

Argentina look pretty darn scary. They can score

Argentina look pretty darn scary. They can score

It's all the decendents of those expatriate Nazi's who fled WWII and emigrated to Argentina.

They have that Tommie hating instinct and really have just one main target.

Bring on the Union Jack! :lol:

Mexico played a great game today for the victory. Now we need to play great football against the Uruguayo team.

Go Mexico!

Go USA hope they play well against Slovenia tomorrow.

Edited by Rock N' Rollin' Man

Ole Mexico! :thumbsup::you_rock:

What a fantastic result for football, and an even better result for Europe. The cheating French BASTARDS have been put firmly in their place, and are as good as on their way home.

What a wonderful, wonderful night :hurrah:

Mexico played a great game today for the victory. Now we need to play great football against the Uruguayo team.

Go Mexico!

Go USA hope they play well against Slovenia tomorrow.

I think Uraguay will win that game. To me they are the sleeper. That striker that had two goals and the assist is great. He does not miss. Go England!! Go US!!

Interesting to see the current Las Vegas odds to win the Cup. Up to date and Spain still on top

http://www.betus.com...26&type=futures

If I were betting tomorrow I would take England minus 1 1/2, Germany minus 1 and Netherlands minus 1. Surprised Germany is only a one goal favorite.

Oh, and by the way. Where in the blazes is Slovania? What is the capital? And I thought I knew my geogrophywall.gif

Edited by silvermedalist

I would think that Robert Plant, Rod Stewart and of course Mick Jagger will be watching some of the action somewhere? Wonder if Jagger will be at any of the games for England? I have heard that Robert and Rod used to in fact play?

Oh man, the second yellow card to Germany's Klose is pure shit. These fucking refs. Serbia scored right after and the Germans must rally. Dont like to see unfair calls. Bullshit call

Been very impressed with Forlan of Uruguay.

Man, this bar in Chicago is packed. They are drinking at 7 am! ha. When I heard the story of the Italians being pelted with rotten fruit in 1966 at the airport when returning home in disgrace, I thought, we should try that at the next Buffalo Bills game.

Oh my God! Germany just had a penalty kick and it was stopped. Great save. Luck not going there way so far. Lets hope England are on there game and the US too.

Edited by silvermedalist

The upset of the tournament is going on right now. Serbia 1-0 over the Germans in the 87th minute.

Edited by NickZepp

I would think that Robert Plant, Rod Stewart and of course Mick Jagger will be watching some of the action somewhere? Wonder if Jagger will be at any of the games for England? I have heard that Robert and Rod used to in fact play?

Oh man, the second yellow card to Germany's Klose is pure shit. These fucking refs. Serbia scored right after and the Germans must rally. Dont like to see unfair calls. Bullshit call

Been very impressed with Forlan of Uruguay.

Man, this bar in Chicago is packed. They are drinking at 7 am! ha. When I heard the story of the Italians being pelted with rotten fruit in 1966 at the airport when returning home in disgrace, I thought, we should try that at the next Buffalo Bills game.

Oh my God! Germany just had a penalty kick and it was stopped. Great save. Luck not going there way so far. Lets hope England are on there game and the US too.

Not so "silvermedalist' the Ref is the only Honourable man on the pitch and in the game, he has to contend with 22 diving, fouling, conning, foulmouthed unsportsmanlike bastards every time he goes on to the pitch, could you do better? i know i couldn't, if i were the ref i would send the whole shower of little shits off within ten minutes, and i would get the name "Red Card Wanker" alright. :D

To be absolutely honest with you, you would need at least four refs for every player plus a linesman every yard and enough video cameras to stop crime in a major city to fully police the game as it is played today.

For me this is the worst world cup ever, the level of ball skill is at an all time low, say 1 out of 10, fouling is at an all time high, 10 out of 10, and diving, 5.9 5.8 6.0 6.0 5.9 :lol:

Regards, Danny

Gosh and I thought Germany were the only team supposedly capable of playing with this new ball ( which they actually already use in their league)

So there goes the "crap ball" excuse Fabio - get another one lined up quick! :)