World Cup 2010

toscano

Final score 2-2........USA were robbed, The Ref needs glasses for disallowing a perfectly legit goal. but hey. thats FOOTBALL for ya.

They need to hang that black ref by his nuts!!! bastard. FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angry.gif

iF he did that to England, or Brazil, or Argentina or any country where soccer is huge, he would not have made it out of the stadium. What a disgace. He needs to be banned.

Even the African annoucers say it was a foul on Slovania. This guy had an agenda. he took the game away from the US. That is not something that should be tolerated on a World stage. That guy is a piece of shit. He wouldnt even answer the US teams questions. And Laless is full of it if he thinks americans will want England to lose. No way. I hope England hammers these Algerians and then Slovania. US can still get second if they win and England wins both. Hope this goalie plays well for our British friends. It was the smart move. I now say England 4, Algeria 0. Unless they get a crooked ref like we did. angry.gifmad.gif

iF he did that to England, or Brazil, or Argentina or any country where soccer is huge, he would not have made it out of the stadium. What a disgace. He needs to be banned.

Not true I'm afraid - it happens all the time. No less painful for you guys I know, but it happens ALL THE TIME.

Not true I'm afraid - it happens all the time. No less painful for you guys I know, but it happens ALL THE TIME.

But it should not happen in the World Cup Knebby. And I hope it does not happen to England. I am watching now and I hope that England gets it going. I thought the pass to the left winger from Rooney should have been a shot but I think he made a bad decision. The bird on top of the goal England is attacking needs his feathers ruffled with an Englsh shot! Go England! lets get moving!!

They need to hang that black ref by his nuts!!! bastard. FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angry.gif

Even the African annoucers say it was a foul on Slovania. This guy had an agenda. he took the game away from the US. That is not something that should be tolerated on a World stage. That guy is a piece of shit. He wouldnt even answer the US teams questions. And Laless is full of it if he thinks americans will want England to lose. No way. I hope England hammers these Algerians and then Slovania. US can still get second if they win and England wins both. Hope this goalie plays well for our British friends. It was the smart move. I now say England 4, Algeria 0. Unless they get a crooked ref like we did. angry.gifmad.gif

Americans don't want anyone in the bracket to get the points by wins. They are hoping for draws a US win and draws by the others will put us on to 16. It is a damned shame that he didn't hold his whistle but that is the way the ball bounces. Team USA has to botton it up in the early stages of the games.

But it should not happen in the World Cup Knebby. And I hope it does not happen to England. I am watching now and I hope that England gets it going. I thought the pass to the left winger from Rooney should have been a shot but I think he made a bad decision. The bird on top of the goal England is attacking needs his feathers ruffled with an Englsh shot! Go England! lets get moving!!

I agree - but we are a team who know all about bad luck in the World Cup. A goal scored with the hand should not happen in the World Cup, should it? Honestly mate you are embracing this with enthusiasm but you don't know yet what a barbed dagger you have grasped!

And we are playing pretty crap so-far in this game. This Boudebouz fella is a danger.

I agree - but we are a team who know all about bad luck in the World Cup. A goal scored with the hand should not happen in the World Cup, should it? Honestly mate you are embracing this with enthusiasm but you don't know yet what a barbed dagger you have grasped!

And we are playing pretty crap so-far in this game. This Boudebouz fella is a danger.

They are making me nervous. Letting the men in green have too much possision time. They need to start passing short more and get the ball deep. I think they have an edge if they can get some corner kicks. Would sure be nice to get the lead and force Algeria out of their game.

Playing better now. I can smell a goal coming!!!! Cmon, lets beat these frogs

I think Uraguay will win that game. To me they are the sleeper. That striker that had two goals and the assist is great. He does not miss.

It will be a tough game good game. I'm with Mexico.

Pretty disappointing tie for the US yeah the third goal was robbed as far as I know but now they will need to rely on other games in which they have no control to advance.

Watching England-Algeria match now so far a tie which would be a good outcome for the US.

Nice dive you frog. You fooled the refs. But that is not too difficult. Lets get it going England. They need to give out a yellow card to one of these green frogs for diving instead of free kicks. Refs suck.

England must start playing better. Very disappointing so far. Shocking

Its not like Algeria is playing defense like the Swiss did. There are holes to work against and they are just plain lethargic. What is going on? If they play like this against Argentina they will get blasted.

We have no hope in this tournament. That wasn't just bad it was abysmal.

I just dont get it? England was the third favorite in Vegas. And still is. They didnt show much determination. I dont know if the coach is to blame? I would like to hear a few takes from English fans that know the team better. Its a big disappointment for sure. But if they can get it together and take care of Slovania, then they can still advance. But its going to take a fast turnaround. Germany got beat today too. Another shocker. I would think one of the south american countries will be tough. Brazil, Argentina, Chili and Uruguay all look good. But not giving up yet. Go England and go US. I hope Spain bounces back too. I dont want to see Italy and I dont have to worry about France now.

We have no hope in this tournament. That wasn't just bad it was abysmal.

No left sided players in a game that was screaming for one yet Joe Cole is left on the bench huh.gif

When will Capello figure out that Lampard and Gerrard can't play together ? I think Rooney's having us on as well

Basically England wins against Slovenia and they will advance so all will be forgotten. Same with the USA. USA played great in the 2nd half and should have had the win today. England played bad and should have lost today.

No it won't - because if that's the best we can do then it gets us nowhere.

And how can there be any certainty about winning the next game given the awful performance today. Hopefully it was just one bad game. Just like Germany. Look what happened to Spain. I will say the US showed me something today. They didnt quit. And they had the win if they had a fair ref with two eyes. One thing is for sure, the South American countries like Brazil, Argentina and Chile and Uruguay look very good. Any of them could win. The African countries are toast. France is toast. Italy did not impress. So maybe England can still get something done. But looking at Rooney, it makes me wonder if there isnt some problems within the team behind closed doors? I just dont know. But I am hoping for a quick fix or there will be a quick exit.

I think the problem with England is the same that happened with the USA in basketball a few years ago. They were the best individual talent, but they weren't a team at the global stage and they were killed in most international competition even though America does have the best basketball talent. Well they dedicated to being a team around 06 or so and started kicking some butt. Same thing with England. They have one of the most talented teams in the world but they aren't really a team right now.

I think the problem with England is the same that happened with the USA in basketball a few years ago. They were the best individual talent, but they weren't a team at the global stage and they were killed in most international competition even though America does have the best basketball talent. Well they dedicated to being a team around 06 or so and started kicking some butt. Same thing with England. They have one of the most talented teams in the world but they aren't really a team right now.

If they get disgraced and knocked out in round one, the English fans should await them at the airport like the Italians in 1966 and pelt them with rotten tomatoes!!tomato.gif

Ah the beautiful game, not!

Either you're good enough on the day or you're not.

Blame the coaches and the players actually out on the pitch and not the referees every time.

Danny is right on the money about those overpaid prima donna showponies who complain about every dodgy decision that goes against them and some of the fans are just as bad.

When we got beat by Germany some of the comments were a bit ordinary and how this side was going to do this and that and lo and behold some of those "super teams" are going to struggle to qualify for the next round.

Bring on Ghana tonight.

Who are the favourites now?

I think we all realised tonight Ally - doesn't matter if we scrape through this round. We cannot progress playing like that. Jeez, overpaid tossers.

I still think England can progress but it's going to take proper team selection for them to have any chance. Heskey has to be dropped and Rooney should be left upfront on his own. Add some real width and a midfield who aren't scared to work their socks off and what do you have...oh my god, a proper English fitba team wink.gif

I think I can solve the England performance mystery.

A friend of mine works at England's hotel in South Africa. Over the past week, he says he's overheard several players complaining about Capello separating them from their Wives And Girlfriends (WAGs).

Then, to cap it all, yesterday lunchtime David James apparently went to Capello's room to quiz him about the team line-up - only to find Capello with his trousers round his ankles, and the room full of the bare-arsed WAGs, giving Capello a 21-bun salute on his 64th birthday. That was only part of the problem, though - according to my source, the thing that upset the England players most of all was that the WAGs didn't even charge Capello for it.

I'm not sure I believe him, but if it's true, it would explain a lot.

I still think England can progress but it's going to take proper team selection for them to have any chance. Heskey has to be dropped and Rooney should be left upfront on his own. Add some real width and a midfield who aren't scared to work their socks off and what do you have...oh my god, a proper English fitba team wink.gif

Hi Ally,

The only time i ever remember England getting a result on the 18th of June was way back in 1815 on a rainy field in Belgium. We were not favourites to win as we were playing with many injured and worn out players from a really hard fought tournament in Spain and Portugal, which we won handsomely.

England.

1. Brunswick

2. Picton

3. Hill

4. Grant

5. Maitland

6. Wellington, Capt

7. Ponsonby

8. Kemp

9. Uxbridge

10. Orange

11. Somerset

Sub 12. Blucher

France.

1. Soult

2. D'Erlon

3. Reille

4. Donzelot

5. Marcognet

6. Napoleon, Capt

7. Kellerman

8. Morand

9. Ney

10. Friant

11. Milhaud

Sub 12. Grouchy

0-15min The game started with France attacking down their left with Reille doing a great overlapping job but Maitland keep him at bay all through the day.

15-30min France next decided to change tack and went down the right, D'Erlon led a major assault supported by Donzelot and Marcognet, but to no avail as Brunswick, Picton, Hill and Grant had them covered easily.

30-45min A counter attack by Ponsonby, and Somerset and supported by Uxbridge drove down the French right, it relieved the pressure on the English left but the attack only temporally slowed the mighty French assault.

Half Time, a needed rest for both sides to regroup and get some well earned refreshments and rest.

45-60min The French came out refreshed from their half time rest and at once started an all out assault all along the line. Ney, Kellerman and Milhaud were the main protagonists in this attack and although they peppered the English goal Brunswick was more than a match for them and Picton, Hill, Grant, and Kemp acquitted themselves well although Picton succomed to an earlier injury and was stretchered off.

60-75min Ney again with D'Erlon, Donzelot and Marcognet, moved easily through midfield to presure the English centre, and without Picton to shore up the defence they nearly succeeded, again England found themselves pinned back in their own half. England then brought thier substitute Blucher on and he terrorised the French right.

75-90min Napoleon could be heard screaming for the French substitute Grouchy to be brought on, but he could be found nowhere, apparently he had gone to the wrong ground and was some 8 miles away at Warvre totaly unaware of the battle going on here. Napoleon then unleashed his master plan, his Old Guard of Friant and Morand supported by Ney and Kellerman charged the English centre only to be brought to a complete halt by Maitland. Seeing the French waivering Wellington ordered everybody forward and a final surge saw Wellington jump above the French defence and head in the winner in injury time. The French were totaly demoralised and left the field in tears without even offering England a handshake.

Final Score.

France Nil Poi......... England Won :goal:

Regards, Danny

Archived