My dad's Old Shirt...

Hey all...brand new to the boards (as one can decipher from my bulky sexy post count)..been a LZ fan for much of my 30 years though I confess I just discovered this forum after rummaging through my late father's old t-shirts that I've had since his passing in 2005. What does his old tshirts have to do with this forum? Well, besides his dozens of Harley Davidson and Bike week tshirts from 1977-1986 I found a few band shirts including this LZ one...I had never seen it before and have looked online extensively over the last 24 hours trying to find one just like it but have not. I called my mother last night and asked her if they had ever been to a Zepp show 'back in the day' to which she replied, "Absolutely..Madison Square Garden in the 70's...before you were born" yeah thanks for sharing that info sooner in my life when I could've picked my dad's brain about the show...oh well..I digress...she said they DID purchase a shirt at the show..could this be it? I don't know where else it would've come from... The front is just the 'Hermit' and "zoso' at the top...the back being the band name..its that very thin wonderful cotton that 't's' were made from in the late 70's/early 80's .....anyways enough rambling...do I have a rare shirt?....either way I think it's pretty neat...looking forward to participating in these forums more !!

post-15010-127452381991_thumb.jpg

post-15010-127452382856_thumb.jpg

Hey all...brand new to the boards (as one can decipher from my bulky sexy post count)..been a LZ fan for much of my 30 years though I confess I just discovered this forum after rummaging through my late father's old t-shirts that I've had since his passing in 2005. What does his old tshirts have to do with this forum? Well, besides his dozens of Harley Davidson and Bike week tshirts from 1977-1986 I found a few band shirts including this LZ one...I had never seen it before and have looked online extensively over the last 24 hours trying to find one just like it but have not. I called my mother last night and asked her if they had ever been to a Zepp show 'back in the day' to which she replied, "Absolutely..Madison Square Garden in the 70's...before you were born" yeah thanks for sharing that info sooner in my life when I could've picked my dad's brain about the show...oh well..I digress...she said they DID purchase a shirt at the show..could this be it? I don't know where else it would've come from... The front is just the 'Hermit' and "zoso' at the top...the back being the band name..its that very thin wonderful cotton that 't's' were made from in the late 70's/early 80's .....anyways enough rambling...do I have a rare shirt?....either way I think it's pretty neat...looking forward to participating in these forums more !!

Very nice! Looks like it was rarely worn.

I haven't seen this t-shirt before but to me it looks like unlicensed merchandise, meaning something that may have been sold by vendors on the sidewalk outside the venue following a concert. It's more likely to be 1980s era but it's hard to say. One thing I must ask is what does the tag inside the t-shirt say? If it's Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, etc. that would also suggest this is unlicensed merchandise.

I believe Steve is correct as a friend of mine also had this shirt. It's from the late 80's into the early '90's. I don't belive it to be made by Myth Gem or Winterland but I can't remember.

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

Archived