Dave Grohl To Present John Bonham Documentary

SteveAJones

Just got done listening to it. I thought it was a very good program and Dave did a good job. Thanks for the information on the time change, I thought the UK was 6 hours ahead of US Central Time!

It is, I'm confused now. :huh:

But anyway, very much enjoyed the documentary, though it somehow just rubs in how much John is missed. :( But it also celebrates his life and talent in a very positive way.

It is, I'm confused now. :huh:

But anyway, very much enjoyed the documentary, though it somehow just rubs in how much John is missed. :( But it also celebrates his life and talent in a very positive way.

Sorry about that. I should have wrote that I was thinking the UK was 6 hours ahead of Central US time but wasn't for sure. I now know that is correct due to Buckeye doc's confirmation in her post. My brain isn't working.....I have been on vacation from work for two weeks and haven't had to use it as much! LOL! Gotta go back to work tommorrow!

thanks so much for posting the link, i just listened to it. fantastic. so glad they got actual interviews from robert, jimmy, john paul, deborah and jason, and not just second hand anecdotes. you could feel the love and respect they all have for bonzo. i loved hearing about the early years and how he put his kit to the front of the stage.

it just makes you wonder what this band may have gone on to produce if things had been a little different. i get the feeling bonzo wouldn't have lasted in the band much longer anyway, he just wanted to be with pat and the kids so much. so sad.

also interesting to find out that jonesy wrote the good times bad times and trampled underfoot riffs. i didn't know that.

just edited to add that ( regarding the maurice gibb and lulu connection )there are pics of bonzo and i think jason with lulu and maurice gibb, somewhere in the photos section. i know i have seen them here.

Just finished listening to it. I found it was really informative. It was great to hear so many people give great interviews. I left it feeling that I need to go and revisit some songs. I also felt a little saddened after hearing his sister mention that healing is still underway. It's such a shame that he passed.

Thanks for the link.

Sorry about that. I should have wrote that I was thinking the UK was 6 hours ahead of Central US time but wasn't for sure. I now know that is correct due to Buckeye doc's confirmation in her post. My brain isn't working.....I have been on vacation from work for two weeks and haven't had to use it as much! LOL! Gotta go back to work tommorrow!

That's OK, my brain is the same way, that's why I was confused! :lol:

A very touching, moving and appropriate tribute to Bonzo. Some great stories not just from the rest of the band but people like Bill Ward and obviously Jason and Deborah.

You could hear the love and respect for him from Robert JImmy and JPJ.

It moved me very much but then so did the news of his death.

The grestest rock drummer ever remains sadly missed.

Archived