Bands you would like to see live for the first time?

Lately, I've had a real desire to see Yes, especially with Jon Anderson.

I certainly enjoy their 80s stuff as well, although I quit paying attention around the 90s to anything they did.

Going For The One remains one of my absolute favorite songs.

Radio Moscow

Franz Ferdinand

Fleet Foxes

Any of Josh Homme's 3000+ bands and side projects

The White Stripes (but who knows if thats ever gonna happen)

Robert Fripp... could be a Projekt or King Crimson or with Brian Eno... I'm not picky

and a half vote to the Flaming Lips. I went to a concert to see The Black Keys and Fang Island and due to time constraints, we had to leave about 20 minutes into The Flaming Lips set. And I've regretted it ever since :slapface: :'(

I would also really love to see Adele and Martina McBride. But especially Adele, and she is touring Europe this year...

And I don't know if she still performs, but Chaka Khan would be awesome too :)

Edited by Virginia

I have been lucky as seen most have wanted too, but the one band and its really only for the guitarest is Van Halen, never got around to seeing them in the 80's and 90's, to busy following page and more so plant on tour...but yes Eddie Van Halen.

Yeah!!! :cheer::thumbsup:

After a lengthy hiatus, fans can expect the White Stripes to be back in action soon.

The beloved duo, which has just revealed plans for a unique but pricy box set, is eyeing a full reunion, according to Jack White.

"We thought we'd do a lot of things that we'd never done: a full tour of Canada, a documentary, coffee-table book, live album, a boxed set. It was one long project that took almost three years," White told Vanity Fair.

"Now that we've gotten a lot of that out of our system, Meg and I can get back in the studio and start fresh."

As for that box set, "The White Stripes - 2010 Merchandise Collection," it's one of the most unique rock 'n' roll collectible items of the holiday season.

Replete with an actual record player, headphones and a bonus 7-inch Christmas record, it is expected for release sometime this month and will reportedly retail for $499 through White's Third Man Records.

Thanks for the report to Spinner.com.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/white_stripes_plot_return_to_studio.html

I have been lucky as seen most have wanted too, but the one band and its really only for the guitarest is Van Halen, never got around to seeing them in the 80's and 90's, to busy following page and more so plant on tour...but yes Eddie Van Halen.

I saw them on the Diver Down tour. It was Halloween night (1981? 82?) in Hampton VA and I would have been 16 or 17; I was definitely still in HS. It was a fantastic show; DLR is an incredible showman and you could tell they were having an absolute blast :) Jack o'lanterns everywhere. I can't remember if he (DLR) was actually swinging on a rope, or if I'm just remembering that from 80s music videos.

Anyhow, it's the best time I've ever had at a concert :) Couldn't tell you who (if anyone) opened for them though.

Edited by Virginia

I saw them on the Diver Down tour. It was Halloween night (1981? 82?) in Hampton VA and I would have been 16 or 17; I was definitely still in HS. It was a fantastic show; DLR is an incredible showman and you could tell they were having an absolute blast :) Jack o'lanterns everywhere. I can't remember if he (DLR) was actually swinging on a rope, or if I'm just remembering that from 80s music videos.

Anyhow, it's the best time I've ever had at a concert :) Couldn't tell you who (if anyone) opened for them though.

Thats cool, Mean Streets would have been played then at that time, what a cool song that is. Its strange how I never saw them, i guess by the time I really got into them was Mid 80's with Hagar, but it wasn't the same as DLR so i prob just thought nah lol. But now Eds getting on and me too, I have to go and see him play as he is such and important guitarist in the rock genre, well in music full stop.

Although I did see Diamond Dave in 1988 at Donington Monsters of Rock festival and he was dam good :)

Good to hear you had a good time, I have found memories of over 20 yeras ago, almost look through rose tinted specs.

Edited by leddy

Thats cool, Mean Streets would have been played then at that time, what a cool song that is. Its strange how I never saw them, i guess by the time I really got into them was Mid 80's with Hagar, but it wasn't the same as DLR so i prob just thought nah lol. But now Eds getting on and me too, I have to go and see him play as he is such and important guitarist in the rock genre, well in music full stop.

Although I did see Diamond Dave in 1988 at Donington Monsters of Rock festival and he was dam good :)

Good to hear you had a good time, I have found memories of over 20 yeras ago, almost look through rose tinted specs.

They were great! Someone's Dad drove us, too :lol: (he actually attended the concert, but didn't sit with us).

They were great! Someone's Dad drove us, too :lol: (he actually attended the concert, but didn't sit with us).

Yes good old Dads, mine use to be the one to pick us up late at night somewhere and he even drove me to my first Plant Gig in 1983, went for a coffe and fag or two or three lol, then snuck in for the encores....ahh happy days .

Yes good old Dads, mine use to be the one to pick us up late at night somewhere and he even drove me to my first Plant Gig in 1983, went for a coffe and fag or two or three lol, then snuck in for the encores....ahh happy days .

So for curiosity's sake, I did a little googling. This was known as the "Hide Your Sheep" tour :unsure: and apparently, the Halloween Hampton show is coveted by collectors, but is not in circulation :o

So for curiosity's sake, I did a little googling. This was known as the "Hide Your Sheep" tour :unsure: and apparently, the Halloween Hampton show is coveted by collectors, but is not in circulation :o

Cool just looked too...Plants was Just called Predictably "The Principle Of Moments Tour" and the gig I went to had JPJ come on for encores.

A pub Band I was in in the early 90's did a tour of the local pubs called "Behind the Bog Door Tour" and the HI 8 video footage of two of the shows are not coverted pmsl. B)

After a lengthy hiatus, fans can expect the White Stripes to be back in action soon.

The beloved duo, which has just revealed plans for a unique but pricy box set, is eyeing a full reunion, according to Jack White.

"We thought we'd do a lot of things that we'd never done: a full tour of Canada, a documentary, coffee-table book, live album, a boxed set. It was one long project that took almost three years," White told Vanity Fair.

"Now that we've gotten a lot of that out of our system, Meg and I can get back in the studio and start fresh."

As for that box set, "The White Stripes - 2010 Merchandise Collection," it's one of the most unique rock 'n' roll collectible items of the holiday season.

Replete with an actual record player, headphones and a bonus 7-inch Christmas record, it is expected for release sometime this month and will reportedly retail for $499 through White's Third Man Records.

Thanks for the report to Spinner.com.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/white_stripes_plot_return_to_studio.html

Here's more on the subject :D Should know more at 8pm EST.

Coachella 2011 Lineup

The Coachella 2011 lineup unveiling is upon us, with KROQ's Iggnasty tweeting on Saturday, Jan. 15 that the bill will be officially unveiled today at 5PM PST. Of course, we won't believe it until we see it with our own eyes, but rumors are already running rampant as to who will play Coachella 2011.

Among those expected to play are some some big names, like Arcade Fire, Duran Duran, Bright Eyes, Wire, Interpol, the Black Keys, and a live comedy sketch from 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.' But it's the hype surrounding the unexpected that has made Coachella lineup rumors a thing of legend. Among the biggest names speculated to perform in 2011 are Daft Punk and White Stripes, and both come with some validity to the rumors.

Daft Punk are, of course, the masterminds behind the new 'Tron Legacy' score, and, after taking years to complete, must be itching to perform the tracks live in front of hundreds of thousands of people. Even if not, the timing seems correct. The White Stripes meanwhile are reportedly working on their first record since 2007's 'Icky Thump,' and a "reunited" performance would definitely be a highlight.

Some other big names rumored to make the 2011 Coachella lineup are the recently healthy Beastie Boys, a Slash-included Guns N' Roses, Of Montreal, and Crystal Castles. All of which we'd love to see, but it deserves asking, who will be the big old timer to perform? Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Tom Petty? We'll just have to wait and see. You can watch all the rumors evolve here, and make sure to check back tonight at 5PM PST for the full Coachella 2011 lineup.

Edited by Virginia
  • 2 weeks later...