Glastonbury wants you

snubby

Wishing Bono Gods speed for full recovery - and for the 40th anniverary of the greatest festival upon the planet ( Glastonbury) now is the opportunity to show who is the greatest rock and roll band of the 20th (19th and 21st) century...............PLEASE reconsider and ring Michael I know you've got his mobile number!!

What do you guys think?

xxx

God what a dream that would be , come on Planty put your artisic integraty to one side , give Jimmy a bell and fire up the Zeppelin.love to all down at the cider bus, 4 weeks to go !

Perhaps Page could get a band togther and do it but Glastonbury is only a few weeks away so doubtful whether he could get a set together in time.

Tickets to the event have sold out many months ago even though they are as much as a weeks holiday anywhere. To be honest it's a corporate shit festival anyway - 90% of the punters wern't born when Zepp last played a festival and quite frankly why would John Paul Jones & Robert Plant give up their day jobs to do it?

Anyway that's what Coldplay are for isn't it?

Even the 'Pet Sematary' Led Zep would be totally wasted on the modern Glasto crowd. They're mostly yuppie bed-wetters who are into garbage like Coldplay, U2, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and Arctic Monkeys. They wouldn't recognise a Legend if it got up and headbutted them.

save your getting hopeful ideas up, a replacement of gorillaz has already been announced

planty has played at the glastonbury festival several times as did page & plant back in 95 and they have both spoken out in support of it

in its defence and as a long time attendee until a few years ago, i will say that as one of the very few festivals that gives most of its profits away to good causes its certainly not a "corporate festival" it's getting nearer that way each year admittedly, but how many other festivals give money to good causes? V, reading, donnington? do they bollocks

anyhow, thats my tuppence worth

Very generous Tripmender. I agree with all you said there. When you can get luxury accommadation like Egyptian Tents for, ahem "a few quid", and there are no travellers or even frowned upon to roll a fat one, you know it's Glastonbury but not like it was way back when.

Could you imagine the girlies on the shoulders of their mates trying to sing to Kashmir??

Meh , grumpy old men or what ? Of course it has changed some for the worse but mostly for the better and Amazingly there are loads of under fortys ( some wno even like to sit on there partners shoulders ) who love zep as much as you or I. This will be

My 23 Glastonbury and long may it continue . Love and peace maaan

Even the 'Pet Sematary' Led Zep would be totally wasted on the modern Glasto crowd. They're mostly yuppie bed-wetters who are into garbage like Coldplay, U2, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and Arctic Monkeys. They wouldn't recognise a Legend if it got up and headbutted them.

Well I like U2, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and Arctic Monkeys and I also like Zep. Don't think you can stereotype people so easily. Many people who listen to 60s and 70s rock do like modern music to.

Well I like U2, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and Arctic Monkeys and I also like Zep. Don't think you can stereotype people so easily. Many people who listen to 60s and 70s rock do like modern music to.

Abso-fecking-lutely :beer:

If Led Zep reformed again for Glastonbury they'd go down a storm, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that.

Archived