Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDog71

Better Late Than Never

I was initially shocked by your verdict on Kashmir, but this makes sense. Having got to know "Midnight Moonlight" live before the album came out, I was hugely disappointed in it. I still prefer the live version by miles. But if I had heard the album version first, I'm sure I'd have fallen in love.

It was the shear power of the live version that left me stunned and ...very happy cool.gif

It was the shear power of the live version that left me stunned and ...very happy cool.gif

Ally and Knebby,

You are both removed from the Roll of Led Zeppelins Biggest Fans for you critical remarks, how dare you? :o:lol:

Not Very Kind Regards, Danny

Ally and Knebby,

You are both removed from the Roll of Led Zeppelins Biggest Fans for you critical remarks, how dare you? ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Not Very Kind Regards, Danny

ahhh.gif

I agree with you, live versions of Kashmir absolutely own the version on PG. If almost never listen to the PG version, anymore, and it used to be one of my favorite Zep songs. Same sort of thing happened to me with Black Dog.

As for songs that I didn't like and then grew on me: The first time I heard Stairway I wasn't impressed, but I guess I wasn't listening close enough the first time. The Ocean was another one. When I heard it for the first time on HOTH I got bored, but the version on TSRTS converted me. I still don't care for the version on HOTH though.

From "hate" (er, "dislike") to "love" : Battle Of Evermore and Sick Again

From "meh" to "love": lots of them (the latest: Royal Orleans)

I agree with you, live versions of Kashmir absolutely own the version on PG. If almost never listen to the PG version, anymore, and it used to be one of my favorite Zep songs. Same sort of thing happened to me with Black Dog.

As for songs that I didn't like and then grew on me: The first time I heard Stairway I wasn't impressed, but I guess I wasn't listening close enough the first time. The Ocean was another one. When I heard it for the first time on HOTH I got bored, but the version on TSRTS converted me. I still don't care for the version on HOTH though.

Like everyone else who caught the 71 tour, Stairway and Black Dog were two songs that I'd heard before the album was released. Both were great live but I must admit that it took me a while to get into the studio version of BD. Stairway..well that speaks for itself.