Getting back in

Pip

MAN!!

I've been away for ages and ages and I keep trying to get back to where I once belonged...

Anyway this might be a way - everyone tell me something funny/interesting/curious/outstanding that's happened over the last ... YEAR or so on the forum...

LOVE!

Pip

Hi Pip, welcome back.

Do you mean like "several people were banned for speaking ill of some of the band members or for trolling?" Gossip-type stuff?

Or about the band, such as JPJ toured with Them Crooked Vultures and alot of us members had the privelege of attending the concert, some were even in the front row?

I only got one poor photo, as the security was very tight at my venue and they were strictly enforcing the "no photos" policy.

Others did get great pictures at their venues.

I don't know the gossip, maybe someone else can enlighten you along those lines.

ZeppFanForever decided to voluntarily leave the forum a while ago.

Alot of us miss him and wish that he would come back.

iWelcome back. :^)

Well, something interesting.....My nephew stopped by after driving around half the country and we went to Seattle on Sunday and Monday. We were heading to the EMP and didn't realize the Folklife Festival was also going on and there were thousands of people all over the place playing music and selling food. And this all directly under the Space Needle. You almost felt like a salmon in a spawning run. :^) But it was really cool and quite a sight to see.

The EMP (Experience Music Project) was really cool plus we also got to see the Sci-Fi Museum all for 15 bucks. You can jam on instruments and they also have soundproof rooms where you can play on drums, guitar, etc. I was on the electronic drums and I was really surprised at how they sounded like a real set. But my nephew was drowning me out with the Marshall amp. It was a lot of fun. Other things there was the 'Guitar-Tornado' which is a huge cone shaped structure that has about 700 guitars attached, plus other instruments. It's pretty wild. There's one section devoted to Jimi Hendrix and it has all kinds of his guitars, a diary, lyrics scribbled on hotel stationary, clothes, etc. There was also a small theater that showed his concerts at Woodstock, Monterey and the Fillmore East. We watched the Band Of Gypsies New Year's Eve concert at the Fillmore East. 'Machine Gun' was an awesome jam and I love Buddy Miles' drumming, just straight ahead like a freight train. When we went outside at 7PM the sun was shining bright and it was a really good weekend. :^)

iWelcome back. :^)

Well, something interesting.....My nephew stopped by after driving around half the country and we went to Seattle on Sunday and Monday. We were heading to the EMP and didn't realize the Folklife Festival was also going on and there were thousands of people all over the place playing music and selling food. And this all directly under the Space Needle. You almost felt like a salmon in a spawning run. :^) But it was really cool and quite a sight to see.

The EMP (Experience Music Project) was really cool plus we also got to see the Sci-Fi Museum all for 15 bucks. You can jam on instruments and they also have soundproof rooms where you can play on drums, guitar, etc. I was on the electronic drums and I was really surprised at how they sounded like a real set. But my nephew was drowning me out with the Marshall amp. It was a lot of fun. Other things there was the 'Guitar-Tornado' which is a huge cone shaped structure that has about 700 guitars attached, plus other instruments. It's pretty wild. There's one section devoted to Jimi Hendrix and it has all kinds of his guitars, a diary, lyrics scribbled on hotel stationary, clothes, etc. There was also a small theater that showed his concerts at Woodstock, Monterey and the Fillmore East. We watched the Band Of Gypsies New Year's Eve concert at the Fillmore East. 'Machine Gun' was an awesome jam and I love Buddy Miles' drumming, just straight ahead like a freight train. When we went outside at 7PM the sun was shining bright and it was a really good weekend. :^)

cool! A good set of electronic drums - that'd be sweet! things like this don't happen where I live... we just have markets with hundreds of pseudo hippies selling the same clothes as the stall next to them...

cool! A good set of electronic drums - that'd be sweet! things like this don't happen where I live... we just have markets with hundreds of pseudo hippies selling the same clothes as the stall next to them...

Pseudo Hippies! :lol:

Yeah, those drums were amazing. I'd like to get the same set up as they take up minimal room. Watching Buddy Miles play with Jimi was inspiring. :)

Well, we went back to Seattle to ride the ferry boat to Bremerton to see the Navy museum but we got there too late. But the ferry ride was great as the water was like glass. We got some Filipino food in town and ate it on the ride back to the city. $7 round trip is a hell of a deal. ^_^ We also got totally lost in Seattle and ended up walking forever to our car it seemed. :lol:

Archived