Robert Plant Premieres New Album In London

jayjay96

Very cool. LOVE the fact that he's off to make another one! I BTW saw Patty Griffin on a show and she is amazing! She has Robert's bluesy, sexy style. This should be VERY VERY interesting. Robert is really going to let loose on this one! And YES Robert, come to New York and Philly!

Can you please tell me where can i see the cover!!??

Anyway, the album will be fantastic i'm shure!!

Oh so sorry thought it was on the link - saw it via Universal a while ago. I know Sam will post it on Robert's solo site when he gets the OK - keep a check on there eh? :beer:

Like everyone else I can't wait, it should be an intriguing range of collaborations within the band, and if he's singing the blues and letting himself loose then that adds to the excitement. B)

Oh, and something else to note. Only HIS name is posted on the cover. I like that. I was a little worried that it was going to be more of another joint collaboration with all of the previously mentioned people also taking center stage doing solos a la Krauss and getting equal billing. I mostly want to hear Robert.

I've also been thinking that Robert did the "one-shot" O2 concert saying he was too old to tour, but then he toured with AK but kept the intensity sorta low key probably to see if he could handle an extended touring schedule and vocal demands and NOW he's upped the intensity (as he himself says) touring yet again with "Tougher" music. Just a thought but could it be he may be working up to going all-out full rock??? He said he was displeased with the rock that was out there now, so do something about it Robert?

Very nice and I'm really looking forward to having it in my collection...

Sad to see the other working title didn't make it...maybe it should be put on t-shirts

I'd buy a Robert Plant "It's Rude to say no" t-shirt lol

Oh, and something else to note. Only HIS name is posted on the cover. I like that.

He has said that every band he plays/tours with now will be the "Band of Joy" - as in, he is so lucky to be still singing and still playing with other folk, that he should recognise the joy in that every day.

He has said that every band he plays/tours with now will be the "Band of Joy" - as in, he is so lucky to be still singing and still playing with other folk, that he should recognise the joy in that every day.

Here's to many more tours then. :)

And you KNOW he designed this cover. All his solo covers are always so inventive and strangely "beautiful".

I would agree he provides concepts for the album designers to take into consideration. I interpret the band of gold the clown is presenting as as a nod and a wink to Tolkien's Lord of The Rings, but there are bound to be

other interpretations. Regardless, it's a great cover!

:thumbsup::D Love that!!!

Well I'm even more excited for the album to come out. Sounds very intriguing and given the musicians he's got on board, I'm sure it will be nothing short of stellar.

Nice !! smile.gif

http://www.billboard...0fdf2b5bce815c0

I can't wait. smile.gif

Enjoy all.

Thanks,

J

Thanks for that link and the info!

This album does indeed sound wonderful!

He recorded 24 songs in 15 days! Wow, that rivals some of Led Zeppelin's marathon recording sessions.

I also like some of the song titles: "Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down" (Now that is an interesting title!)

And the song "Even This Shall Pass Away" sounds like it is a beautiful Robert Plant song with the lyrics "What is wealth the King would say/Even this shall pass away". Very prophetic. The article says that it is a blues rock number. Robert at his best, singing the blues.

It was very cute that he said "I am off to make another one" as he left the assembled media audience. I hope that he does!

And the hint of undisclosed guest musicians on the new album. Very intriguing!

My wish is that Robert gets much joy from his new "Band of Joy". smile.gif

I really like the artwork on the cover. The monkey must be for the song "Monkey", a song that the article says "harks back to Plant's days with Led Zeppelin" ("monkey on my back back back back"), LOL.

Thanks to all for the contributions! The artwork on the cover looks great! (I wonder if it will be on Vinyl as well?)

I hope he adds many more dates...would be nice to see a couple of shows :D

Archived