Robert Plant Premieres New Album In London

jayjay96

:thumbsup::D Love that!!!

Well I'm even more excited for the album to come out. Sounds very intriguing and given the musicians he's got on board, I'm sure it will be nothing short of stellar.

:yesnod::wave:

Clowns in general creep me out (except for the Commedia ones) but I love this cover! Great news about the new music. Looking forward to the new offerings, both recorded and live.

:yesnod::wave:

Clowns in general creep me out (except for the Commedia ones) but I love this cover! Great news about the new music. Looking forward to the new offerings, both recorded and live.

Totally agree about the music, about clowns, but--not so much about the cover. :D They're going to have to sell it to me in a brown paper wrapper. :ph34r:

I see at least four 'bands' on the cover....the ring on the pillow, the big one surrounding all the figures, the musical one, and the one in 'Joy'.

Good catch. They should add Jimmy sleeping on the couch so the clown is presenting him with pillow and band of joy.

It seems that this Robert Plant and the "Band of Joy" compact disc will come out after the Robert Plant show that I am Greatly anticipating to see in Dallas, Texas on July 23, 2010. As of today, that is exactly 50 days from now (this date of my post).

How many people in the whole entire World can say that they are going to see Robert Plant Live in Concert in exactly 50 days from Today. I already have my Ticket. I would estimate that only 50,000 (+ or - a few thousand). 50,000 out of an entire World population of more than 6 Billion people. I realize that I am a Very Lucky Person.

As someone who knows almost all of Robert Plant and His Musical "past", I realize that I am in for one of the Best Concerts of my Life.

How many people in the whole entire World can say that they are going to see Robert Plant Live in Concert in exactly 50 days from Today. I already have my Ticket. I would estimate that only 50,000 (+ or - a few thousand). 50,000 out of an entire World population of more than 6 Billion people. I realize that I am a Very Lucky Person.

I sure can't say that, but I can say I am going to see Robert Plant Live in Concert in exactly 55 days from Today! Woo Hoo! I already have my Ticket!

Here is the tracklist:

Angel Dance

House of Cards

Central Two-O-Nine

Silver Rider

You Can’t Buy my Love

I’m Falling In Love Again

The Only Sound That Matters

Monkey

Cindy, I’ll Marry You One Day

Harms Swift Way

Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down

Even This Shall Pass Away

Courtesy of planetrock

Very nice and I'm really looking forward to having it in my collection...

Sad to see the other working title didn't make it...maybe it should be put on t-shirts

I'd buy a Robert Plant "It's Rude to say no" t-shirt lol

Not sad here. *Glad* to see that the moron who tried to pass off "It's Rude to Say No" as the album title has been exposed for the total fraud that he is. I'm still finding it hard to believe that legitimate media thought this source was legitimate. What a pathetic joke.

Love,

Billy

Here is the tracklist:

Angel Dance

House of Cards

Central Two-O-Nine

Silver Rider

You Can’t Buy my Love

I’m Falling In Love Again

The Only Sound That Matters

Monkey

Cindy, I’ll Marry You One Day

Harms Swift Way

Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down

Even This Shall Pass Away

Courtesy of planetrock

I could be wrong, but I believe these are all covers, no original songs. Happy to be set straight if any of you know differently.

Angel Dance – Los Lobos

House of Cards – America

Central 209 – Lightnin’ Hopkins

Silver Rider – Low

You Can’t Buy My Love – Loretta Lynn (possibly also titled Silver Threads and Golden Needles?)

I’m Falling in Love Again – Jimmie Rodgers

The Only Sound that Matters – Milton Mapes

Monkey – Low

Cindy, I’ll Marry You One Day – traditional, Johnny Cash

Harms Swift Way – Townes van Zandt

Satan Your Kindom Must Come Down – traditional, Willie Nelson, Uncle Tupelo

Even This Shall Pass Away – Chuck Berry

Love,

Billy

Angel Dance - Los Lobos

Couldn't find anything for House of Cards by America, sorry.

Central 209 - Lightnin' Hopkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SthJWT8k7gM

Silver Rider – Low

You Can’t Buy My Love – Barbara Lynn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu6fYQOCgN4

I’m Falling in Love Again – Jimmie Rodgers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu6fYQOCgN4 (The Little Peggy March version)

The Only Sound that Matters – Milton Mapes

Not sure about this one. Couldn't find anything.

Monkey – Low

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1K0nTR_iqo

Cindy, I’ll Marry You One Day – traditional, Johnny Cash

Harms Swift Way – Townes van Zandt

Couldn't find anything on this one. Believe it was only a demo - never released.

Satan Your Kindom Must Come Down – traditional, Willie Nelson, Uncle Tupelo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuibW8WGCTA (Willie's version - on his latest album)

Even This Shall Pass Away – Chuck Berry

(The Sylvers - couldn't find any other versions).

Love,

Billy

An email from Nigel Grainge (http://www.nigelgrainge.com/biography.html) to Bob Lefsetz (www.lefsetz.com)

"I spent 3 of my most exciting days with Robert Plant last summer at my house going through 90 obscure but fabulous NEW songs from the past 5 years.

He was planning to record with Buddy Miller in Nashville.

He left ecstatic as he hadn't realized what a goldmine of great NEW songs there are out there if you dig deep enough.

The new album will have some of these tunes on it, and I'm told by the Management company it's amazing

Most of the publishers I had spoken with before meeting with Robert were clueless in relating to my request for new Robert Plant songs to be 'contemporary' . I wanted stuff by their coolest new writers and was sent 50's Bobby Bland and John Lee Hooker songs. Fucking clueless children.

No....A & R for any older act with a still-interested audience should not be as hard as todays business makes it.

By the way, I have been told one the songs I gave Robert is the best track on the album. Nigel Grainge"

Not sad here. *Glad* to see that the moron who tried to pass off "It's Rude to Say No" as the album title has been exposed for the total fraud that he is. I'm still finding it hard to believe that legitimate media thought this source was legitimate. What a pathetic joke.

Love,

Billy

Very jumpy, aren't we? The fact that a tentative record name was rejected is not surprising to me. After all, I believe Dreamland had a tentative title of Head First that too was rejected, Led Zeppelin's Coda had a working title of Early Days and Latter Days, etc.

Moreover, this fact doesn't indicate I made up the title on my own. I did not. I merely saw it mentioned elsewhere and repeated it. For the record, I spotted it on the biography page for Robert Plant as listed online for the Web site of a charity concert in which he was participating. Something as official as that could have come from only one place: Plant's own media people. See for yourself, at http://www.soundandvisionofficial.com/ -- it's a Flash site, so I can't provide a more direct link to the Plant bio that says it, but I did make a screenshot I'm including here.

When legitimate media credited my site in repeating Robert's tentative album title, I was proud to get the recognition since I revealed it before they did. I still am proud to be revealing things before others do. Oh by the way, Billy, good work on tracking down the origins of those Robert Plant album tracks. Maybe you didn't notice that I beat you to a lot of that yesterday.

post-129-127552169493_thumb.png

Totally agree about the music, about clowns, but--not so much about the cover. :DThey're going to have to sell it to me in a brown paper wrapper. :ph34r:

lol alas it's already been done ;) and so have, apparently, the songs if the song list is accurate. I guess the discrepancy Billy has pointed out - new songs or new treatments of old ones - will be cleared up soon enough. It would be great if there were some original tunes in addition to original renditions of already loved/not loved enough ones.

"A lot"? What a joke. Try you provided background on *four* out of *12* tracks, as opposed to the clean sweep posted above. And how convenient and typical that you credit an unconfirmed source now, and "funny" how there was no mention of Sound & Vision on your website as your source when you first started spreading this baseless rumor, and no mention of this alleged album title in the official press release issued by *Robert's media people* to promote the Sound & Vision gig. Typical shoddy lazy journalism all too prevalent today.

"A lot"? What a joke. Try you provided background on *four* out of *12* tracks, as opposed to the clean sweep posted above. And how convenient and typical that you credit an unconfirmed source now, and "funny" how there was no mention of Sound & Vision on your website as your source when you first started spreading this baseless rumor, and no mention of this alleged album title in the official press release issued by *Robert's media people* to promote the Sound & Vision gig. Typical shoddy lazy journalism all too prevalent today.

One track was mentioned in February. At that time, I printed something I was comfortable with about that track.

Seven more track titles were reported yesterday. I printed things I was comfortable with regarding four of those track titles. I wasn't comfortable guessing about the other three.

Twelve track titles didn't come out until today. Good job, you wrote something about all twelve. I'm glad you feel comfortable doing so. I feel comfortable about the five I reported on. I'm not as confident about the other seven.

Finally, you may feel I have been guilty of "shoddy lazy journalism," but at least you're admitting it was journalism. Thanks for coming around, Billy!

Have a nice day.

Seven more track titles were reported yesterday. I printed things I was comfortable with regarding four of those track titles. I wasn't comfortable guessing about the other three.

I take part of that back. I commented yesterday on five of those seven new track titles, not four. I wasn't comfortable guessing about two. So the total number I have commented on, including the one back in February, is six. Six out of twelve. You're right, I guess that's a half-ass job on my part. I'll just have to set up a few more Google alerts then because obviously that's the only way to do research these days, right?

I take part of that back. I commented yesterday on five of those seven new track titles, not four. I wasn't comfortable guessing about two. So the total number I have commented on, including the one back in February, is six. Six out of twelve. You're right, I guess that's a half-ass job on my part. I'll just have to set up a few more Google alerts then because obviously that's the only way to do research these days, right?

You should know since that's where 99 percent of your "scoops" come from, expert.

This is from Amazon Uk.

61zDdkmy6oL._SS500_.jpg

I like the concept for the cover:

ring on a pillow --- reminds me of the Lord of the Rings

The O in jOy reminds me of the Ring from LOTR as well.

Primary character: clown or court jester in awe or surprised at the ring (ring's/king's power)

chimpanzee/monkey with eyes closed (blind eye to outside?)

cat's face with a human body w/ clothes playing a horn

Are those pomegranites on the clowns shoes? (remember JPJ wore pomegranites on his jacket in the mid 70s) mmmm...probably just bells on his shoes (so the king knows his every move)

Ring around the rosies...?

Paper background (faded or highlighted area behind the 3 principle characters and objects)

R B)

Archived