Rush

lzzoso

Rush's Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee to induct Yes into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

News / 11 minutes ago / by Classic Rock

29967cf9-2acb-4ac3-9752-a36c14ab6833?w=800

Four years after their own induction, Rush are to welcome fellow proggers Yes into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Rush's Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson have been asked to induct Yes into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The ceremony will take place on April 7 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Yes, described by the Rock Hall as "the most enduring, ambitious and virtuosic progressive band in rock history," will be joined by fellow inductees ELO, Joan Baez, Journey, Nile Rogers, Pearl Jam and Tupac Shakur. It's also been announced that Neil Young will induct Pearl Jam, while Jackson Browne will induct Joan Baez.

"Rush was definitely influenced by Yes," says the Rock Hall's Todd Mesek, "and the two groups are both seminal prog-rock bands, so it's a natural fit to have Rush welcome in Yes as fellow inductees."

In 2013, late Yes bassist Chris Squire suggested that Rush would be a good choice if the opportunity arose, telling Los Angeles radio station K-Earth 101, "I haven't given it much thought, maybe those Rush guys who got in last year! I'm pretty good friends with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins (of the Foo Fighters), and they did a great speech for Rush... so probably not them, since they just did one. But if you know Geddy (Lee), let him know that that would be fine by me.''

Source: http://teamrock.com/news/2017-01-28/rushs-alex-lifeson-and-geddy-lee-to-induct-yes-into-rock-roll-hall-of-fame

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

55 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Me too! I in fact, have pre-ordered my copy! The thing is, I have just kick started my live album collection and well, I just had to have this! :D 

8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Me too! I in fact, have pre-ordered my copy! The thing is, I have just kick started my live album collection and well, I just had to have this! :D 

I have one of the three from this package; "Spirit Of The Airwaves" on White Vinyl, it's pretty cool cranked up on my turntable/home stereo. I would want something like this preferably on vinyl, some choice stuff. :)

"Spirit Of The Airwaves" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-7lQwmN9DI

Edited by luvlz2

• 1 month later...

Hi Kiwi

I have attached a scan of my Rush ticket for the show I am sending you. My (colour)printer has no colour ink and I can't get some ink until the weekend. So, if you can, use your skills and print it off and use it for the cover of the CD. I can't take it off individually from it's mount as it is too fragile to move. I hope this makes sense?

rush0001.jpg

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Hi Kiwi

I have attached a scan of my Rush ticket for the show I am sending you. My (colour)printer has no colour ink and I can't get some ink until the weekend. So, if you can, use your skills and print it off and use it for the cover of the CD. I can't take it off individually from it's mount as it is too fragile to move. I hope this makes sense?

rush0001.jpg

Hi CP! :wave: 

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post a photo of your Rush ticket stub! Please don't take it off whatever its been tapped to! :dont:It's nearly 40 years old and needs all the love and care in the world! Also, couldn't help but look in awe at your Motorhead ticket! :thumbsup: Wonderful collection there! 

Thanks for the great idea concerning the cover for the CD! You're so thoughtful!! :friends: 

39 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Hi CP! :wave: 

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post a photo of your Rush ticket stub! Please don't take it off whatever its been tapped to! :dont:It's nearly 40 years old and needs all the love and care in the world! Also, couldn't help but look in awe at your Motorhead ticket! :thumbsup: Wonderful collection there! 

Thanks for the great idea concerning the cover for the CD! You're so thoughtful!! :friends: 

I have loads of stubs but some I have lost along the way including my Knebworth stub from 79:(. That Motorhead stub was the first time I saw them and again 5 months later which was the "Overkill" tour or maybe not:Thinking:not sure about that. I saw them many many times. The Scorpions show was a killer and the Plant shows - not so good. They were his first solo shows if I recall but did see him at Manchester Polytechnic as "The Honeydrippers" where he was great

Blah Blah Blah, It's Alex Lifeson!

3896.f.jpg

Alex Lifeson was a guest on the Trailer Park Boys podcast last week. They talked with Alex about guitars, Al's best ever gig, deep fried goats, his Rock Hall "blah" speech, erect nipples, and plenty of other zaniness. You can currently listen to the podcast through the link below.

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2017/03/14/4875/Alex-Lifeson-guest-appearance-on-The-Trailer-Park-Boys-Podcast-Episode-84-now-online

Edited by luvlz2

On 3/16/2017 at 7:10 AM, luvlz2 said:

Blah Blah Blah, It's Alex Lifeson!

3896.f.jpg

Alex Lifeson was a guest on the Trailer Park Boys podcast last week. They talked with Alex about guitars, Al's best ever gig, deep fried goats, his Rock Hall "blah" speech, erect nipples, and plenty of other zaniness. You can currently listen to the podcast through the link below.

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2017/03/14/4875/Alex-Lifeson-guest-appearance-on-The-Trailer-Park-Boys-Podcast-Episode-84-now-online

Hahaha! That really cracked me up! Such a cool podcast! B) 

Many thanks for providing the link! :yourock: