Rush

lzzoso

Very Cool. I have seen Rush a few times and know that They really deliver live in concert. What is your opinion of the show?

Well I'm not Rush's biggest fan but they do put on a good live show. They have a 7 piece string ensemble with them on this tour. They play the second part of the show with the band.

I enjoyed the show, good light and film show to support the music but as with Clockwork angels the films/animation does take a bit of understanding, but that's nothing new with Rush anyway. Worth seeing this tour if you can..

British rock photographer Ross Halfin's online diary entry for this past Monday, May 27th describes how he went to a record fair with Jimmy Page and played him Rush's Fly By Night in the car:

May 27th: A very nice and sunny - and hot - Bank Holiday Monday. Did I sit in the garden and enjoy it? No, I drove to Jimmy Page's, picked him up and headed to Reading to the record fair. As I had Rush's Fly By Night in the car it was time for Jimmy to experience Anthem and Beneath, Between and Behind on the motorway. He liked the drumming and I did catch him listening to Alex Lifeson. Jimmy told me he liked La Villa Strangiato. ...

Jimmy Page is one of Alex Lifeson's biggest influences. Alex talks about finally meeting his idol in this 2006 Guitar Player interview http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/guitar-player-03.2006.php Halfin has photographed a number of rock icons over the years including Rush.

http://www.rushisaband.com/

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/may-2013/diary-may-2013.php

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/index.php

Edited by luvlz2

2755_f_zps959c727d.jpg

British rock photographer Ross Halfin's online diary entry for this past Monday, May 27th describes how he went to a record fair with Jimmy Page and played him Rush's Fly By Night in the car:

May 27th: A very nice and sunny - and hot - Bank Holiday Monday. Did I sit in the garden and enjoy it? No, I drove to Jimmy Page's, picked him up and headed to Reading to the record fair. As I had Rush's Fly By Night in the car it was time for Jimmy to experience Anthem and Beneath, Between and Behind on the motorway. He liked the drumming and I did catch him listening to Alex Lifeson. Jimmy told me he liked La Villa Strangiato. ...

Jimmy Page is one of Alex Lifeson's biggest influences. Alex talks about finally meeting his idol in this 2006 Guitar Player interview http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/guitar-player-03.2006.php Halfin has photographed a number of rock icons over the years including Rush.

That's Cool with a capital C! :D Hope you don't mind if I post it on the Rush Forum.

No serious RUSH fan can ever go without hearing and seeing this Professional Grade Video of a complete Rush concert from Holland.

http://youtu.be/xeuMY31qhyk

One of the Best Live concerts I have ever seen in full on YouTube.

Long Live Rush and Congratulations on Your induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!!

Edited by kingzoso

• 1 month later...

Thanks to luvlz2, I have discovered a plethora of live, full bootlegs of the great and Mighty RUSH on YouTube. Most of them are great sounding bootlegs with a lot over 2+ hours in duration. If you are a fan of Rush I urge you to seek them out. Here is one example of what I mean:

Just click on the top. RUSH - ECHOES ON THE STAGES and you will be directed to the YouTube site. You will see what I mean on the right hand of the screen. All these great Rush concerts to listen to.

I hope you enjoy!!!

Edited by kingzoso

Love Rush and have seen them several times form 85' to the present which brings me to my one and only question: Has Rush EVER played a bad concert or even had an off night? Every show I saw they were red hot. The only chink in their armor I ever witnessed was at a show sometime in the mid 90's, 94' or 95' I think. Geddy Lee was trying to sing in his upper register and his voice kept cracking and generally giving out. He was really trying and the harder he tried the worse it became. The next time (and every time since) I saw them he was singing in a lower register and sang perfectly, no more strain.

I think like most singers of that type he finally realized that he could not sing like he could and finally accepted it.

What do you think?

Love Rush and have seen them several times form 85' to the present which brings me to my one and only question: Has Rush EVER played a bad concert or even had an off night? Every show I saw they were red hot. The only chink in their armor I ever witnessed was at a show sometime in the mid 90's, 94' or 95' I think. Geddy Lee was trying to sing in his upper register and his voice kept cracking and generally giving out. He was really trying and the harder he tried the worse it became. The next time (and every time since) I saw them he was singing in a lower register and sang perfectly, no more strain.

I think like most singers of that type he finally realized that he could not sing like he could and finally accepted it.

What do you think?

RUSH is my second favorite Band of All-Time. I have seen Them only about 5 times beginning in 1986. I fell out of them (a little) during the 1990's and 2000's when most of Rush's songs took on a much more synthesizer approach to Their Music and the more mellowness of the majority of their output (of course they always had a couple of rockers on all their albums). Not to say that was a bad thing, but I always Loved Rush as a hard-rocking trio. From Rush to Grace Under Pressure, these are definitely my favorites.

I do own all of Their complete CD discography. I have come to understand and appreciate the Rush albums that I once shunned. Having said that, I believe that RUSH is one of the Greatest Bands ever and I know that I am not the only One to think or say this.

How anyone can deny that this is a truly Epic Masterpiece:

http://youtu.be/WpENyx-qty4

Thanks go to mrjonesy2112 http://www.youtube.com/user/mrjonesy2112?feature=watch I let his channel play non stop for a weekend recently and it was totally cool. :drumz:

Thanks to luvlz2, I have discovered a plethora of live, full bootlegs of the great and Mighty RUSH on YouTube. Most of them are great sounding bootlegs with a lot over 2+ hours in duration. If you are a fan of Rush I urge you to seek them out.

Thanks go to mrjonesy2112 http://www.youtube.com/user/mrjonesy2112?feature=watch I let his channel play non stop for a weekend recently and it was totally cool. :drumz:

You are absolutely correct. Credit is most certainly due to mrjonesy2112. So I tip my hat to him and thank him for all the live Rush bootlegs that he has uploaded to YouTube (all them certainly pristine in quality, for a bootleg).

I would also like to think and say that mrjonesy2112 must be a Led Zeppelin fan as well. Either that, or this persons last name also happens to be Jones (or Baldwin).

Again, I urge other fellow Rush fans that are on this Great Led Zeppelin Forum, check out and listen to the dozens of great bootlegs that mrjonesy2112 has provided. You will not be disappointed.

BACKSTAGE WITH JIMMY PAGE

guitar-player-03.2006-6-s.jpg Although Lifeson cites many influences on his playing, the hugest is, without a doubt, Jimmy Page. Here Lifeson talks about meeting the guy who once called Rush "One of the young bands that I like."

guitar-player-03.2006-7-s.jpg "I saw Led Zeppelin in Toronto in 1969 after waiting in line for 15 hours. We sat on the floor in front of Jimmy about three people back. I was so impressed. I wanted to look like him, and play like him, and be just like him. If there was any single person I ever wanted to meet, it was him, but I never thought I would have the opportunity.

"Well, Geddy met Robert Plant in Morocco a few years ago, and Robert invited us to the Page/Plant show in Toronto. When we went backstage, Jimmy came into the room, and I started shaking. I was that excited. He was so sweet, and so charming, and engaging. It was incredible. I brought a copy of my record, Victor, and I built up the nerve to give it to him. I had written in it that he was such an inspiration, and that his influence was all over the record.

I said, 'I hope you don't mind, but this is my solo record and I'd like you to have it.' He stood up and gave me a hug and thanked me. We walked down to the stage with them, and they had set up a couple of chairs for us by the [monitor mixing] board. Jimmy kept looking over and smiling at me when he would play these great signature parts. He played so well. Just incredible. I was like a kid. I can picture the dressing room, with Robert sitting across from me, and Jimmy sitting to my left asking me questions. I can take myself right back there, and it just feels great. You meet your hero, and he's a hero! He was everything I hoped he would be. I'll never ever forget that."

guitar-player-03.2006-9.jpg