Rush

lzzoso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just given the Clockwork Angels Tour cd as a birthday gift, and man I am blown away. I saw Rush on this tour, but this cd reminds me how good of a show they put on. Honestly one of the best concerts I have seen.

Edited by JLee93

I like Rush, have a few live CDs by them. a few studio ones too. I prefer their earlier stuff, when they were more of a hard rock band. Saw them live a few times over the years (many many years ago). Saw them open for Kansas, Marshall Tucker, Foghat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Les Claypool of Primus challenged Geddy Lee for the ALS ice bucket challenge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjd_hLtaQxA

Geddy Lee accepts Les Claypool's challenge.

Randy Johnson accepting Geddy Lee's challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzUdWWahtvk

Jay Baruchel accepting Geddy Lee's challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNS4XZaEHdU

Ed Robertson accepting Geddy Lee's challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6iYXXWHUQ

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Clockwork Angels dvd is their best ever and Neil Peart was just incredible.I just wish I had the money to see them before they call it a day.Over here in Oz there is only a minority interest and couldn't see them coming over.

It's odd, being proud of the Dominion, you would think that Rush was a band that I would listen to all of the time, but it's another one I have had zero luck discovering why others anoint them as Canada's band. For myself, I think it might have something to do with what I feel is Neil Peart getting way to much attention for being "The greatest drummer of all time because Neil is the 2nd coming of Jesus". I drove into the city back in 2013 to see them and it was more interesting to me to watch the reaction of the crowd which I found interesting. The other thing about Rush I notice is that there is not much interaction between the band themselves while on stage, at least at the gig I was at and it left me feeling a little cold to be honest. Rush is truly the world biggest cult band. I do like many of the lyrical ideas behind the songs. Geddy seems like a fun guy, he is a regular at Blue Jays games, so anyone who likes the Jays that much has to be a good guy.

Here is an interesting interview:

Edited by Charles J. White

I can see your point zephead as many my friends don't get rush and yes sometimes they seem to be a bit restrained on stage but heck there's a lot of musical wizardry gizmos up there to control not to mention the music itself.One band that polarizes all my friends is Dream Theater ,another band with indifferent stage presence due to a lot of music wizardry going on up there.Yes Neal gets a lot of attention now which I feel is justified because in the past all he was noted (rubbished)for was his dungeon and dragons and Ann Rand philosophy lyrics.Bonzo is still my no1 because of his power and feel,but dare I say it Neil is technically a better drummer and one of the worlds best.

Edited by grasbo

Just wanted to share that I cannot listen to the studio version of Seven Cities of Gold anymore--the live performances have just ruined it for me. Which leads me to wonder what Rush will do with the live material from CA on their upcoming tour. I have to assume their will be no strings, although I guess with today's technology they could have the string section piped in without having the actual string ensemble musicians onstage with them.

At any rate, something to look forward to in the upcoming year...

smiley%20guitar.gif

The 7th annual Scott Medlock-Robby Krieger Invitational Golf Tournament and All-Star Concert to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital took place Sunday, September 21 at the Moorpark Country Club in Moorpark, CA. The event is hosted by sports artist Scott Medlock and legendary Doors guitarist Robby Krieger. Alex Lifeson was among the many celebrities attending the tournament including Patrick Warburton, Dan Dutton, Paula Trickey, Tommy Thayer and Alice Cooper. Alex also participated in an all-star concert in the evening.

http://www.rushisaband.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from Zep,Rush is my favourite band but these reissues of both bands is keeping me poor.Despite being out of work I am going to find the money for R40 blueray because I already own the dvds(not to mention paying for a blueray player).Now to rob a bank for Deluxe 4 and Houses.

• 3 weeks later...