Rush

lzzoso

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say what a total treat it is to listen to "All The World's A Stage" on 200 gram vinyl finally! I picked up that and the 200 gram hologram 2112 last week. It's like Christmas if you are a Rush fan this year wtih all these releases!!

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...

The Rush date for Dallas, Texas, of which I will be attending, is in one month from now (5/18/15). This will be the 6th gig of this R40 tour. I will also be attending the Rush concert in Las Vegas, Nevada on 7/25/15 which happens to be the 4th to last gig of this R40 tour.

For all the Rush fans that post on this topic, does anyone have an inkling or a possible inkling of what to expect from the almighty RUSH, given that this may and perhaps be the very last extended tour that Geddy, Alex and Neil ever partake?

Obviously I do not know the setlist, but I am hoping and expecting a Rush show that will be at least 3 or 3+ hours in duration.

Anyone else excited and expecting a remarkable show from the Greatest and Most Under-rated an under appreciated Group of All-Time?

Edited by kingzoso

The Rush date for Dallas, Texas, of which I will be attending, is in one month from now (5/18/15). This will be the 6th gig of this R40 tour. I will also be attending the Rush concert in Las Vegas, Nevada on 7/25/15 which happens to be the 4th to last gig of this R40 tour.

For all the Rush fans that post on this topic, does anyone have an inkling or a possible inkling of what to expect from the almighty RUSH, given that this may and perhaps be the very last extended tour that Geddy, Alex and Neil ever partake?

Obviously I do not know the setlist, but I am hoping and expecting a Rush show that will be at least 3 or 3+ hours in duration.

Anyone else excited and expecting a remarkable show from the Greatest and Most Under-rated an under appreciated Group of All-Time?

I'm flying to Denver for the July 11 show at the Pepsi Center.

I'm pretty jazzed.

Plan to try some edibles for this show.

Their regular shows usually go around 28 songs, with an intermission and the various videos.

I expect at least that for this one.

The Almighty Rush! Fuck ya KZ! I'm excited about it every day KZ! Spoiler: I read a little bit back that the second half of the show they will be playing as a bar band in a bar band setting. It's going to be better than R30 I believe, if that's possible, I can't fucking wait!!!

Photo below of new bullseye drum pad mounted on Neil's r40 kit by Dan Dauz of Dauz Electronic Drums, he has been supplying drum pads for Neil Peart for several years. Photo courtesy of Dan Dauz.

post-15049-0-74298900-1429331009_thumb.j

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...

4 more days....

Very nice!!! I assume that you are going to see them at the first gig of the tour in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The Dallas show is in 2 weeks on Monday, May 18th. I can't wait. After that I have 9 weeks before I am off to see them in Las Vegas. I will be very curious to see what the setlist is for this R40 tour. I said this earlier that I expect Rush to play at least a 3 hour concert. luvlz2 posted that "the second half of the show they will be playing as a bar band in a bar band setting" (his quote). Interesting.

Regarding the setlist: I am pretty sure that the setlist from the first show in Tulsa will probably remain the same throughout the entire tour (I could and really hope that I am wrong). Regardless, I will know about 90% of the songs. I get a little "rusty" when it comes to some of the Rush song names, say after "Counterparts".

RUSH. My second favorite band after Led Zeppelin. I can't wait. The Almighty RUSH!!!

Very nice!!! I assume that you are going to see them at the first gig of the tour in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The Dallas show is in 2 weeks on Monday, May 18th. I can't wait. After that I have 9 weeks before I am off to see them in Las Vegas. I will be very curious to see what the setlist is for this R40 tour. I said this earlier that I expect Rush to play at least a 3 hour concert. luvlz2 posted that "the second half of the show they will be playing as a bar band in a bar band setting" (his quote). Interesting.

Regarding the setlist: I am pretty sure that the setlist from the first show in Tulsa will probably remain the same throughout the entire tour (I could and really hope that I am wrong). Regardless, I will know about 90% of the songs. I get a little "rusty" when it comes to some of the Rush song names, say after "Counterparts".

RUSH. My second favorite band after Led Zeppelin. I can't wait. The Almighty RUSH!!!

Way to go kingzoso! I have some friends in Dallas. Maybe I could hook you up with a memento. I hope I can. May you have an instense blast, in Dallas and LV! I do envy you.

luvlz2 posted that "the second half of the show they will be playing as a bar band in a bar band setting" (his quote). Interesting.

I read about it at http://www.rushisaband.com/ . It was an interview with someone in charge of some aspect of putting together their live shows a couple of months ago or something. Should be vids coming from the first show in Tulsa, Oklahoma soon

I am very conflicted and in a bit of a quandary. I am not sure or don't know if I want to know the entire setlist for Rush before I see them in 9 days. Part of me wants to know what songs they are going to play ahead of time and the other part of me would not mind being in for shocks and surprises at what songs they do play.

I will probably give in and read on this topic, if someone does post the entire setlist or there is a website called setlist.fm that I can go to.

This is what you could call a good dilemma. RUSH ROCKS!!!!

if someone does post the entire setlist

Intro video - The World is ... The World is

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight (with mini drum solo)

Far Cry

Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

Animate

Roll The Bones

Distant Early Warning

Subdivisions

Intermission

Set 2

Intro video - No Country for Old Hens

Tom Sawyer

Red Barcheta

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 1

drum solo

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3

Xanadu

2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale

Encore

Intro Video: Mel's Rockpile starring Eugene Levy

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Outro Video: Exit Stage Left

Edited by luvlz2