Rush

lzzoso

Rest in Peace, Professor! Thanks for changing my life forever!

With love, best wishes and kindest regards,

A Grieving Fan.Ā 

Ā 

Edited to add: It is going to be incredibly hard for me to listen to Rush at this time. I may need to wait a few months, as certain songs sound different now.

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Kiwi_Zep_Fan87,

You have my deepest sympathies as I know how big of a Rush fan you are!Ā  I know it is hard right now, but try to be grateful for all the incredible music that Neil shared with us and that will always be a part of our lives.Ā  I will be praying that your heart is healed soon.Ā  Take care.

D.

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Kiwi_Zep_Fan87,

You have my deepest sympathies as I know how big of a Rush fan you are!Ā  I know it is hard right now, but try to be grateful for all the incredible music that Neil shared with us and that will always be a part of our lives.Ā  I will be praying that your heart is healed soon.Ā  Take care.

D.

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you so much! I do feel grateful that I discovered Rush in the first place. Like another fan said, the Earth formed around 4.54 billion years ago and we were on this earth when Rush existed! :)Ā 

SCHAEFFER: Why It Hurts When Great Musicians Pass Away

Photo of Neil PEART and RUSH; Neil Peart performing live onstage on All The World's A Stage tour,

Ā 

Why do we feel the death of a musician like Neil Peart, even though we have never met him?Ā  I hearken back to Ludwig Von Beethovenā€™s funeral for the answer.Ā  When he died in 1827, itā€™s estimated that anywhere from 10,000 to as many as 30,000 attended his funeral.Ā  Of course, most of these mourners had never met the man personally, or if they did they merely tipped their hats to him on the street (and perhaps got a grumbling insult from him in reply!).Ā  But they knew his music.Ā  They were so affected by it that they felt compelled to come and mourn his passing.Ā  In a way, they felt they did know him.Ā  Because they knew his mind and his heart as expressed in those beautiful sounds he left the world as his passing gift.

Music is unique in the arts in that it above all others has the eerie power to alter oneā€™s mood and force them to actually feel what the composer is feeling ā€” not through the words of a sonnet or the brushstrokes of a painting, however frenzied and passionate they may be, but rather in an almost primal way.Ā  One cannot avoid it.Ā  Who can listen to ā€œOde To Joyā€ and not feel exalted, a smile forming without even knowing it?Ā  Who can listen to a hard-driving rock song from, take your pick, Led Zeppelin, The Who, AC/DC, Nirvana, and a thousand others and not suddenly feel the urge, whatever your mood was before hitting ā€˜playā€™, to hurl heavy objects, run faster, jump higher, or play air guitar?Ā  After all, we donā€™t work out while reading Milton or staring at a photo of the Sistine Chapel ceiling.Ā  Instead, we don our headphones and amp up the music.Ā  Why?Ā  Because it actually changes us physiologically.Ā  The way love does.

Those who donā€™t have an ear, or even those with a mere passing interest in music, must look at those Rush fans sincerely mourning the death of Neil Peart and think them a tad ā€œoff.ā€Ā  But when a favorite musician passes, it feels more real because we actually have been inside his/her head.Ā  Unlike a poet who tells us, or a painter who shows us, the musician demands we jump into their most intimate self to experience his/her thoughts, emotions, and pain in an eerie mind-melding way.Ā  We become one with them.Ā  And so the musical experience feels more personal to us than standing at armā€™s length admiring a static sculpture, inspiring as it may be.Ā  Losing a musician is to lose someone who was not just ā€œout thereā€ entertaining us, but who invited us, even forced us, into their world as they understood it and felt it.Ā  It is an intimate, wonderful, painful, relationship ā€¦ and one that can impact the musicianā€™s fans very much as might the death of an old friend.

Ā 

So when you see people who seem in mourning over the loss of Neil Peart (or any artist they value and who has enriched their lives in a way only music can) fight off the impulse to shake your head and say: ā€œSnap out of it.Ā  You never even met the guy.ā€Ā  Because thatā€™s wrong.Ā  Every time they played his music they met him all over again, and got to know him a little better.Ā  He became a part of their world, and they his.Ā  How often do we hear the term ā€œthe soundtrack of my life.ā€Ā  For those Rush fans who followed this outstanding trio for the past five decades, this tragedy was more than just a news bulletin.Ā  To those whose lives Neil Peart touched, to whom he bequeathed the soundtrack of their lives, even if from afar, itā€™s very personal indeed. I respect that.Ā  I am sorry for your loss, Rush fans.

Link:Ā https://www.dailywire.com/news/schaeffer-why-it-hurts-when-great-musicians-pass-away?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

"Our most heartfelt thanks go out to family, friends, musicians, writers and fans from around the globe for the incredible outpouring of love and respect for Neil since his passing. These touching tributes help to lessen the pain of this terrible loss and remind us all to celebrate his remarkable life and our connections to it - Geddy & Alex" link

• 4 weeks later...

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/02/primus-rush-cover-tour-dates-tickets/

PrimusĀ have announced a special North American tour that will see them coverĀ Rushā€™s 1977 albumĀ A Farewell to KingsĀ from front to back. Officially titled ā€œA Tribute to Kingsā€, each night of the trek will feature a full performance of the albumĀ in addition to a proper Primus set.

FB_IMG_1582163286608.jpg

On 2/19/2020 at 8:51 PM, zepscoda said:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/02/primus-rush-cover-tour-dates-tickets/

PrimusĀ have announced a special North American tour that will see them coverĀ Rushā€™s 1977 albumĀ A Farewell to KingsĀ from front to back. Officially titled ā€œA Tribute to Kingsā€, each night of the trek will feature a full performance of the albumĀ in addition to a proper Primus set.

FB_IMG_1582163286608.jpg

Going to see them 6/5 in Atlanta.

i saw them in the early 90s opening for Rush (Roll The Bones tour) and they played ā€œKashmirā€,Ā too.Ā 

RšŸ˜Ž

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, The Pagemeister said:

Ā 

Very cool. I pre-ordered the 2 cd version with live concert from the tour. I wish they made a dvd audio version of the album with music videos /any concert footage from that era. They missed an opportunity. Maybe on theĀ 50th anniversaryĀ edition.Ā 
Ā 

RšŸ˜Ž

• 3 weeks later...