Helen Thomas

Atlas

I would not have responded the way Helen Thomas did the the question "What's your opinion on Israel?", but I don't think she said anything wrong. She didn't advocate any kind of violence - such as the US continues to commit in the ME. Being non-JCI (Judeo-Christian-Islamic), I don't see any legitimacy to the Jewish exclusive claim to Palestine. In response to the question, I would simply have advocated universal suffrage for Palestine/Israel. No, it would not result in getting 6,000,000 Jews killed by the Orkin man. I think the Jews and the Palestinians would learn to get along just fine in a pluralistic state.

What do you think about Helen Thomas's comments which led to her (forced) retirement?

Hi all,

A Jewish friend sent me this about Helen Thomas:

My mother was sent to Palestine from Germany in 1933 with the rise of the Nazis to power by her farseeing parents. The British blockade, which prevented Jews fleeing the Nazi horrors from entering, made it difficult for her and only the pretext of coming on a tourist visit enabled her to enter and remain alive. Her older sister, Sarah, her husband and three children aged 12, 10 and seven did not succeed in finding a way of coming to Palestine and were sent by the Nazis to Poland and from there, their journey to the Auschwitz gas chambers, was short. I understand that it is there that you wish to send me.

My father, who lived in Austria, also showed resourcefulness and immediately on the German invasion and sailed to Palestine. On the way – again the British blockade – he was forced to throw his passport into the sea so that, heaven forbid, they would not send him back to Austria, another country you wished I was moving to. His older brother and his wife, who did not go with him, were murdered by the Nazis and their collaborators.

My parents, who, as mentioned, with lifesaving initiative, fled from Europe before they were murdered, arrived in a desolated and barren country, worked in orchards, barely supported themselves and, by the way, were happy with their lot. In 1947 upon hearing of the UN resolution on the partitioning of the country, they danced in the streets, even though most of the area of Israel was torn from its sovereignty. For brands who survived the fire, it was enough.

The Palestinians and Arab countries, who gained most of the area, refused to accept the UN resolution and began a war to annihilate us. Only three years had passed since the liberation of Auschwitz and again we – the Jews – faced the danger of annihilation. To our joy, 600,000 Jews were victorious over millions of armed Arabs. It appears that justice has power and strength of its own.

IN THE 62 years of our existence, we have had seven wars, thousands of terror attacks, buses which have exploded in streets, firing into schools, mortars fired on kindergartens. Yet you wish to exile us back to the inferno, as if nothing happened 65 years ago in Europe, as if our hands have not been stretched out for peace since the establishment of the state?

We were victorious in the wars imposed upon us by Egypt and we signed a peace agreement with it after yielding all the territory and all the oil. We signed a peace agreement with Jordan. We yielded all the territory and much water. We withdrew from Lebanon to the international border and, in return, we received Hizbullah katyushas on our citizens. We left Gaza and in return, we received massive firing on our citizens in the South. Are you aware, Ms. Thomas, that many children from Sderot and the area around Gaza wet their beds until a late age out of fear of the Hamas missiles? And it is us that you wish to exile? Why? Because you think that we are weak or because it annoys you that we are not defeated?

As someone, who throughout his adult life has been a member of the Israeli “peace camp,” notwithstanding you and your strange and angering views, my friends and I (and I hope also my government) will continue to turn over every stone and scour every corner to attain peace. Peace, which will enable us to the smallest extent to live and our neighbors, the Palestinians, to establish a country and to flourish and prosper. To achieve this, we are prepared to make great concessions, to give back all the territories gained as a result of wars which our neighbors forced on us. There is only one thing we want in return – life. A quiet life, a life without terror, a life without missiles, a life like the one you have in Washington and which I, in Israel, also deserve.

KB

F Helen Thomas. Her comments were despicable. She looks like the Seahag from Popeye.

I'm also sick of this Palestine sympathy of late. Jewish people do not strap bombs to themselves to blow a bunch of innocent people away and Jewish people do not use terrorism. They've been pushed around for years and whenever they fight back, everyone seems to give them shit for doing so. Most Jewish people hate violence and do not approve of it. It's bunch of BS imo because it seems like too many people think Israel should just sit back and get abused. What a crock. My fear is one of these nutbags like that goof who runs Iran will nuke them eventually. That would be a horrible situation for everybody.

I've witnessed times where aging apparently causes the filter between brain and mouth to fail in a person who would never have said anything offensive before. It's very sad when that happens. Makes you wonder what was going on in their head all along.

Frankie Boyle, Scottish comedian, 2008:

''I'm quite interested in the Middle East, I'm actually studying that Israeli army martial arts. And I know 16 ways to kick a Palestinian woman in the back.

''It's a difficult question to understand. I've got an analogy which explains the whole thing quite well: If you imagine that Palestine is a cake - well, that cake is being punched to pieces by a very angry Jew.''

Humour, or wry social commentary? You decide!

F Helen Thomas. Her comments were despicable. She looks like the Seahag from Popeye.

I'm also sick of this Palestine sympathy of late. Jewish people do not strap bombs to themselves to blow a bunch of innocent people away and Jewish people do not use terrorism. They've been pushed around for years and whenever they fight back, everyone seems to give them shit for doing so. Most Jewish people hate violence and do not approve of it. It's bunch of BS imo because it seems like too many people think Israel should just sit back and get abused. What a crock. My fear is one of these nutbags like that goof who runs Iran will nuke them eventually. That would be a horrible situation for everybody.

Hi Wolfman,

Sorry to have to correct you but you're wrong about Jewish people not using terrorism, you need to do some more homework on that because they sure did use terrorism to create the modern Jewish state in 1948, they also used terrorism against the British Mandate there and against the Arab Palestinians that had lived on that land for some 1500 or so years.

http://www.cjpme.ca/...ndate%20v.1.pdf

http://en.wikipedia....0%93Israeli_War

I have every sympathy for what the European Jews had to suffer at the hands of the Nazi's, but there is no excuse for the European Jewery to Invade and Occupy what was in actual fact a Muslim-Arab-Palestinian Country (they had an overwhelming majority of 1.35 million Arabs to 650,000 Jews) that under a Democratic Election would have overwhelmingly elected a Muslim-Arab-Palestinian Government.

http://www.mideastweb.org/palpop.htm

Regards, Danny

Do you believe al Qaeda was responsible for 9/11?

"Neither Jewish morality nor Jewish tradition can be used to disallow terror as a means of war. We are very far from any moral hesitations when concerned with the national struggle. First and foremost, terror is for us a part of the political war appropriate for the circumstances of today, and its task is a major one: it demonstrates in the clearest language, heard throughout the world including by our unfortunate brethren outside the gates of this country, our war against the occupier".~ Yitzhak Shamir

It isn't clear to me what that actually means.

Hi Atlas,

WHAT?

Do i need to spell it out for you?

Or are you just being sarcastic?

Either way i think i have made my opinion very clear, now how about you explaining why Israel is acting in the way it is to the Palestinians and why you think that is OK? but why it isn't OK for the Palestinians to retaliate in whatever way they chose? And lets not forget that the way the Jews took over Palestine was against International Law and Israel is in fact a State created and based on Terrorism.

Regards, Danny

If they thought they could pin the blame on their supposed oppressors, the Israelis would probably nuke themselves.

istockphoto_350336_sieg_heil.jpg

Wow.

Can't wait to hear your opinions on jigs, slants and beaners. :slapface:

istockphoto_350336_sieg_heil.jpg

Wow.

Can't wait to hear your opinions on jigs, slants and beaners. :slapface:

That was rather uncalled for.

If you mean blacks, orientals and hispanics, I have nothing against any of them, as long as they're not fascists or terrorists. And not that it's any of your goddamn business, but I'm actually married to an oriental woman.

So FUCK YOU, dude :P

It isn't clear to me what that actually means.

OK Atlas, I'll make crystal for ya.

I have never ending sympathy for what the Nazi's did to the European Jewry, you can understand that i suppose?

"Do i need to spell it out for you? "

Please do. And provide the supporting evidence. Not just the claims made in the history books written by the victors.

And just what supporting evidence would you be talking about?

As stated previously, "I have never ending sympathy for what the Nazi's did to the European Jewry, you can understand that i suppose?" so what you need a letter from my mum or something, we are just talking about my sympathy right, that's what you asked me about in your first reply to me right, or do you now have another agenda now?

Regards, Danny

PS, What claims made in history books are you talking about? and just WHO are the VICTORS here? we're not talking about the Palestinians as VICTORS are we? :wtf:

OK Atlas, I'll make crystal for ya.

I have never ending sympathy for what the Nazi's did to the European Jewry, you can understand that i suppose?

I might surmise what you mean, but it probably doesn't correspond to my understanding of history.

I might surmise what you mean, but it probably doesn't correspond to my understanding of history.

Hi Atlas,

Then please let me know your own slant on history, you never know, i might just learn something from you. ;)

Regards, Danny

Sorry, I can't say. It is illegal in several European nations where I might visit in the future.

Hi Atlas,

PM if you like, you have me very interested, and my only interest is the truth, which comes from Fact and Observation, and not just Books and other peoples Opinions.

Regards, Danny

That was rather uncalled for.

If you mean blacks, orientals and hispanics, I have nothing against any of them, as long as they're not fascists or terrorists. And not that it's any of your goddamn business, but I'm actually married to an oriental woman.

So FUCK YOU, dude :P

Aaaahhh, so you reserve all your hate strictly for Jews.

nice.

WOW, that IS pretty odd, considering most Asians I know find the term "Oriental" somewhat offensive.

About on the same level as calling African-Americans "colored".

Not so much an intentional slur as an awkward, uninformed and fairly dated reference.

So yeah, kinda weird you'd use the term "oriental" when referring to your wife.

I definitely don't refer to MY wife as "colored" or "negro".

But that's just me.

Anyway, I fail to see how your having an "oriental" wife absolves you of the offensiveness of your equally uncalled-for remarks concerning Israelis / Jews.

At least my remarks were intentionally sarcastic, whereas yours appear to be your honest opinion.

So give the whole "high road" act you've assumed a break.

Please do. And provide the supporting evidence. Not just the claims made in the history books written by the victors.

Once again you've piqued my interest, Atlas.

Keeping it simple, are you saying you're a holocaust denier?

Archived