Jimmy Advertising Rimowa Guitar Case

kenog

(Apologies, I have misspelt the name of the company in the heading, it is Rimowa, not Remowa, but I don't know how to edit the heading!)

In the absence of any news of Jimmy recording or touring, all I can pass on is that Jimmy is advertising Rimowa guitar cases called The Logo. The cases, like his photo book, are to come in a deluxe and classic version, with the deluxe version having his Zoso logo on it. It seems like Jimmy has been involved in the design. There was no price at the time of going to press, but Rimowa's products are very expensive, reflecting their quality. This guitar case is on wheels.

The photo and text are on Ross' diary http://www.rosshalfi...y-june-2010.php.

At least when the photo book comes out, we will have something decent to report on and discuss!!

Great!! All we need now is to wait, until he starts advertising stages, mixing boards, cables, michrophones, tapes, amplifiers, drums, basses, keyboards, players of the instruments i just mentioned, compat discs, tickets, songwriting and ofcourse guitars!!

Not that many things really, i'm shure he can somehow put all that in one package!! I wonder how?? I heard there is this new thing happening somewhere in Albuquerque, it's called a concert and i heard things called cd's have just been discovered, all this with a wonderful aid of a new thing called electricity!!

Perhaps all this could help him move beyond just advertisng guitar cases!! Good luck Jimmy!!

• 1 year later...

Back in June, I reported that Rimowa was developing a guitar case in conjunction with Jimmy. I wanted to update my post of 9 June, and contacted Rimowa direct to ask if the product would be available soon.

Here is the reply I received from Rimowa:-

Dear xyz,

Thank you for your interest in our Logo Case developed together with Jimmy Page.

The Rimowa version Fender Startocaster and Gibson Les Paul guitars (aluminium case in silver colour with fabric interiors and Rimowa logo) will be available on the homepage of the Music Store www.musicstore.de from November this year.

Product pictures will be available on that webpage as from November as well.

Please kindly contact us if you had any further questions.

Best regards,

Alexandra Wittenburg

International Sales

Back in June, I reported that Rimowa was developing a guitar case in conjunction with Jimmy. I wanted to update my post of 9 June, and contacted Rimowa direct to ask if the product would be available soon.

Here is the reply I received from Rimowa:-

Dear xyz,

Thank you for your interest in our Logo Case developed together with Jimmy Page.

The Rimowa version Fender Startocaster and Gibson Les Paul guitars (aluminium case in silver colour with fabric interiors and Rimowa logo) will be available on the homepage of the Music Store www.musicstore.de from November this year.

Product pictures will be available on that webpage as from November as well.

Please kindly contact us if you had any further questions.

Best regards,

Alexandra Wittenburg

International Sales

I got the same email back in early September (albeit from a different person). I had also talked with my local Rimowa dealer who let me see the 2011-2012 price list and I did not see that the guitar case was available.

Who knows?!?!

• 6 months later...

I posted on the 'Five Photos for £7,000' thread recently that I had emailed Rimowa regarding the progress of the Jimmy Page/Rimowa guitar case. I have now had a response from the company, and the project will not be going ahead. Here's the email copied below. I know Steve A Jones did a similar thread about the guitarcase about the same time as mine, so I shall post the update there also.

Dear Kenog,

Thank you for your kind email.

Unfortunately I have to inform you that the Guitar Cases will not be produced in cooperation with Jimmy Page.

You can find more information on the Rimowa Guitar Cases under www.musicstore.de.

I will kindly ask you to contact them for further details.

Thank you and please let us know if there were any other questions.

Kind regards,

Carolina Cabrera

International Sales

RIMOWA GmbH

Archived