Similar Bands to Led Zepp?

ZepHead89

Basically I'm just looking for some music recommendations here. They don't have to be similar in the fact that they are so close to Led Zepp's style that I'd think they were a Zeppelin clone or something (although I doubt there is a band out there that is like that anyways), but just some bands that are hard rock, bluesy, and that has memorable riffs. I don't own many CDs right now and am trying to build up a sweet CD collection, so any artist recommendations or album recommendations would be awesome.

This is all subjective obviously. I'll give you my personal recommendations since Led Zep is my favorite band.

Others in no particular order:

Pink Floyd

Cream

Aerosmith

Deep Purple

Black Sabbath

Jimi Hendrix

ZZ Top

Rush

There are definitely many more. But I think this is a good place to start.

Some bands in the bluesy hard rock genre with good riffs and vocals. If you don't know some of these bands check youtube for vids.

AC/DC

Alice Cooper

Blue Cheer

Budgie

Cactus

Captain Beyond (just the first album).

Canned Heat

Credence Clearwater Revival

Dead Man (If you like acoustic Led Zep songs)

Free

Humble Pie

Graveyard

Groundhogs

Leaf Hound

Pentagram

Radio Moscow

Rainbow

Roky Erickson

Uriah Heep

Witchcraft

Witchfinder General

:)

The only Bands that I think are similar to Led Zepp are the ones that were obviously imitating them like White Snake and Zebra. I think these are the same ones that have embarrassed Robert Plant. Sometimes the part of others that you hate the most is that part that reminds you of yourself.

Basically I'm just looking for some music recommendations here. They don't have to be similar in the fact that they are so close to Led Zepp's style that I'd think they were a Zeppelin clone or something (although I doubt there is a band out there that is like that anyways), but just some bands that are hard rock, bluesy, and that has memorable riffs. I don't own many CDs right now and am trying to build up a sweet CD collection, so any artist recommendations or album recommendations would be awesome.

Check out these guys... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_of_Skulls

Their music is featured on TV and video games......

Kevin

Cream

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

The Yardbirds

Pink Floyd

Deep Purple

Blue Cheer

The Who

Ten Years After

Grand Funk Railroad

Cactus

Free

Mountain

Rory Gallagher

Jeff Beck

Eric Clapton

Humble Pie

Captain Beyond

Atomic Rooster

Bloodwyn Pig

The Small Faces

The Allman Brothers Band

Taste

Chicken Shack

Traffic

Uriah Heep

Creedence Clearwater Revival

You've already mentioned some bands but I wanted to add a few more blues-rock based bands. Hope you'll like it.

• 4 weeks later...

If you like a Led Zeppelin,, listen to THE PARLOR MOB, this band is pure rock 'n roll inspired 70's.

I was just about to post that.......ANYONE who calls themselves a Led Zeppelin fan, should check out The Parlor Mob. Their 1st album is called "And You Were A Crow". Great album! And hopefully they should have a new album out in 2011.

Try listening to Diamond Head's first album Lightning to the Nations. You can tell that they are musically a lot like Zeppelin, but they've also got a little bit of proto-Thrash Metal in them as well.

Judas Priest in the 1970's was also a bit similar to Zeppelin in the same way that Diamond Head was.

Hi T Y'All

Certainly not "Robert Plant and the Band of Joy" Countrified Crap, I've seen better Led Zeppelin Tribute bands than those bunch of Musical Cowboys. :beat::whistling::lol:

Why the fcuk didn't they play "Hot Dog"? now that i could understand, but to Countryfie songs like "Misty Mountain Hop" "Gallows Pole" "Rock and Roll" i think the whole show was awful, if i had paid good money to see this i would want a refund, unless I've got it all wrong and Robert is planning to get more Grammies by breaking in to the Country Music Scene, only This Time its the "Big Time"?

Now it all makes sense to me. :slapface:

Regards, Danny

Things That Have Come Close, in chronological order:

Judas Priest (up to Killing Machine)

Diamond Head in the early 80s (check out Knight of the Swords, Borrowed Time and To the Devil His Due. I'd argue that these particular songs are BETTER than LZ)

The Cult - various things, but especially Sonic Temple, and parts of Ceremony and Love

Last but not least: MOTHER LOVE BONE. Don't let the fact that they descended into the mumbling & unbearably worthy Pearl Jam put you off. 'Apple' is the best funky, groove-rock album since Physical Graffiti. FACT!

I'd suggest setting up a Zeppelin station on Pandora.com and seeing what you get. They'll play Zeppelin, and other artists with similar qualities. I've discovered several new (to me) artists that way. You can add in another artist, and can thumbs up or down songs you like/don't like, and bookmark songs/artists too, so with repeat listening the station gets pretty customized to your taste.

Though to be honest, I have gotten much more interesting blues rock suggestions from a Raconteurs station than from the Zeppelin one.

Only thing is you have to be in the US to use Pandora.

• 3 years later...

I was just about to post that.......ANYONE who calls themselves a Led Zeppelin fan, should check out The Parlor Mob. Their 1st album is called "And You Were A Crow". Great album! And hopefully they should have a new album out in 2011.

Wow, thank you for this recommendation. :-)

Archived