Jimmy Attends Awards Ceremony Shocker!

Knebby

There seems to be some embellishment in this news report but FWIW...

Jimmy Page Working On New Music

Led Zeppelin star back in the studio

Music Posted by Robin Murray Fri, 11/06/2010

Former Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has revealed that he is working on new material.They might not be touring together, but Led Zeppelin are back. The past two years have seen the remaining band members indulge in a flurry of activity, with all three musicians working on new project.

Singer Robert Plant received a Grammy nomination for his work with alt country goddess Alison Krauss. The pair are working on new material, with former Led Zeppelin cohort John Paul Jones part of a new supergroup.

Playing bass in Them Crooked Vultures, John Paul Jones is working on a second album with the group. Drummer Jason Bonham will head a tribute tour to his iconic father, and now Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has revealed that he is writing new material - with some well known names.

"I'm just looking forward to making some music and surprising people with it," he told BBC 6 Music.

"It won't be just teaming up with lots of people who are (big) names. I've got an idea of something which I've had for a long time and now's the time to do it."

Jimmy Page was a notable fan of the Led Zeppelin reunion, and led searches to find a potential replacement for Robert Plant.

Continuing, the guitarist revealed that new material could be ready for release by the end of the year. Working with IE Management, Jimmy Page claimed that fans would be surprised by his new direction.

"I have got other ideas that have been nagging at me for a long long time, I think the way to present music is same picture different frame, and sometimes this frame is quite radical," he said.

Jimmy Page is set to release new material later this year.

http://www.clashmusi...ng-on-new-music

What was P Diddy's involvement?

Hey-Up,

The reason that "Mr P Diddy, P Daddy, or P Duddy" or whatever his name is going to be the next time he change's it,

was there to "Present" (Sir) Jimmy an award for the,

"MoJo Hall Of Fame",

which is excellent for him & even though there not mentioned, for Led Zeppelin in General.

As for who ever said that "Sir Patrick Stewart" is Not worthy of a Knighthood & "Sir" Jimmy is,

I & a lot of folk on here think that ALL living members of, Led Zeppelin .......

should be awarded the Knighthood they so thoroughly Deserve,

& a couple of Posthumous awards for Bonzo, but Mr peter Grant, as all five them, wouldn't be who they are,

without any of the others.......Yes!!

All the best,

Hang-man, :ph34r:

Continuing, the guitarist revealed that new material could be ready for release by the end of the year. Working with IE Management, Jimmy Page claimed that fans would be surprised by his new direction.

If he's GOT a new direction we'll all be amazed.

But pleased. ;)

Yeah, I have an idea of what is going on. JPJ with Them Crooked Vultures, Robert Plant with his Band of Joy, Jason Bonham with his dad's legacy, and Jimmy Page with new management. Kinda of simple to figure out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived