UnheardLed_Zeppelin_Interview_To_Air.

Conneyfogle

Is there a link to listen online?

I think you need to be in the US, as it asks for a Zip code, go to the link here

Where can I listen to Get The Led Out?

New York, NY – JUNE 11, 2010 – Denny Somach Productions (DSP) today announced that it will feature a previously unheard interview with Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin conducted by legendary British bandleader Long John Baldry. The interview was conducted by Baldry in the late Seventies at the peak of Led Zeppelin’s popularity.

This intimate and revealing interview will be featured on Carol Miller's Get the Led Out radio show during the week of June 14-20, 2010.

"We are very excited to present this classic interview between two British rock legends," commented Producer Denny Somach. "Long John Baldry was an English blues singer who sang with many British musicians, including Rod Stewart, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Jack Bruce, Charlie Watts and many others."

Jimmy Page and Long John Baldry (1941-2005) both played in the Cyril Davies R&B All Stars in 1963. Following the death of bandleader Cyril Davies in 1964, Baldry took over as bandleader and namesake, rechristening the outfit as Long John Baldry and His Hoochie Coochie Men. Featuring a young Rod Stewart on vocals, the lineup eventually became the Steampacket, proclaimed by some as the first U.K. supergroup.

Baldry teamed up with Elton John in 1966, then known by his birth name Reg Dwight. Featuring Dwight on keyboards, Baldry's new band was called Bluesology. Dwight later adopted the stage name Elton John as a nod to both Long John Baldry and Elton Dean, Bluesology's alto saxophone player.

In the previously unaired interview, Jimmy Page discusses his early days playing with Cyril Davies, the formation of Led Zeppelin, his first tour as the New Yardbirds, and many other stories.

Carol Miller’s Get the Led Out is a programming package of long and short-form features hosted by New York Radio legend Carol Miller. Affiliates are provided a one-hour weekly program and five weekly short features that can double as podcasts, all of which examine the career of the band that is generally acknowledged as the greatest hard rock band of all time, Led Zeppelin.

The program recently celebrated its first anniversary and airs on over 75 radio stations including WAXQ in New York and KLOS in Los Angeles.

Has anyone heard this interview yet? I looked at the list of radio stations near me to listen to Get The Led Out and it looks like I just missed it this morning on the one station that is somewhat near me that I could get. Darn! :(

Hello Everyone!

If someone finds a link for this can you please post it. For some reason it's not coming up in my area :slapface:

Thanks

From FBO:

Turn on Tune in OnLine

airs tonight in NY on Q104.3

8 pm EST

www.q1043.com

Now I just gotta remember to tune in tonight to listen to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone listen to this? I was busy with family all weekend.

I did tune in last Monday night and listened to it but was doing something else at the same time and didn't pay close attention to it. I was thinking it would be available on their radio website as a podcast but I was mistaken, as it is unavailable currently. Had I known it wouldn't be available I would have listened to it more closely..... :slapface:

Archived