Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's

Wolfman

I'm sure someone mentioned this in the past but I caught the last half hour of this great show from 2007. You could see Jimmy smiling in the crowd after JB did the Beatles' "A Day In The Life" (which he won a grammy for). Clapton came out and did "You Need Love" (the song WLL is based on) with Jeff and his band. How awesome if JP came up and played with them? I'm starting to wonder if Jimmy is insecure about his playing nowadays. He goes to a ton of shows and other than that Foo Fighters gig and the R&R HOF for Beck, he never plays at any of them. He sounded great to me at the O2. I hope that's not the case because he still has too much talent not to share it with us. Really hoping for that new album and, of course, a tour. Btw, this Beck show is fantastic and is the perfect setup because I'm seeing him this Monday.

P.S. That Tal Wilkenfeld is not only a great bassist but a hottie also!wub.gif

I've read the same question ("why JP didn't go up on the stage" at the gigs he attended) on few internet discussions and my 2 cents would be:

No matter how good/bad JP plays those days (probably bad for some purist's taste). His popularity is still amazingly high and the public would go nuts. And the artist could feel that JP stole his thunder.

He already kind of stolen Beks's thunder on his first solo album...

Of course, we'll never know his real reasons. But I like to think that discretion was one of the reasons.

Well I don't really think that Jeff Beck would mind that, he has tried many times to GET Jimmy onstage with him. And at the Casa Jimmy event in Rio everybody in the house including the performers were cheering Jimmy and they wanted to see him play. Anyway only he knows the reason why.

Oh and more about the OP, not only Jimmy was there, Robert Plant was there at the Ronnie Scott's gig as well.

Well I don't really think that Jeff Beck would mind that, he has tried many times to GET Jimmy onstage with him. And at the Casa Jimmy event in Rio everybody in the house including the performers were cheering Jimmy and they wanted to see him play. Anyway only he knows the reason why.

Oh and more about the OP, not only Jimmy was there, Robert Plant was there at the Ronnie Scott's gig as well.

they show Percy two or three times during the show.

I'm sure someone mentioned this in the past but I caught the last half hour of this great show from 2007. You could see Jimmy smiling in the crowd after JB did the Beatles' "A Day In The Life" (which he won a grammy for). Clapton came out and did "You Need Love" (the song WLL is based on) with Jeff and his band. How awesome if JP came up and played with them? I'm starting to wonder if Jimmy is insecure about his playing nowadays. He goes to a ton of shows and other than that Foo Fighters gig and the R&R HOF for Beck, he never plays at any of them. He sounded great to me at the O2. I hope that's not the case because he still has too much talent not to share it with us. Really hoping for that new album and, of course, a tour. Btw, this Beck show is fantastic and is the perfect setup because I'm seeing him this Monday.

P.S. That Tal Wilkenfeld is not only a great bassist but a hottie also!wub.gif

i've watched this several times and still am amazed at how great a performance Jeff and his group put on. It's testament that Jeff in his 60's is still at the very top of his game and dispels the rumor that old folks have no business performing rock&roll. It also helps that he has the very best musicians at his side. Tal, Vinnie and Jason are fantastic, but then Jeff has always had top notch players.

I've watched that show about 3 times now as my husband is a Jeff Beck fan. Of course I made notice of the shots of Robert and Jimmy in the audience. Both of us were impressed with the bassist. And Jeff to, of course. It is a good show.

Hi all,

Did Jimmy didn't bring his guitar? :)

Maybe, like any musician,you like to sit back and listen to someone else play(?) And who wouldn't want to sit back and listen to Jeff Beck! B)

I agree Wolfie (may I call you that?),JP sounded and played great at O2,IMVHO and that was from cell phone/video clips.

Short story: I saw Buddy Guy and Junior Wells at a small club called Sandy's here in Beverly,MA.You know Buddy is a monster on the guitar,yet Junior was hot that night and Buddy lean back and let Junior wail,I mean wail!James Cotton and Magic Dick would have wet their pants! ;)

Moral of story,kick back and enjoy,....

KB(I'm doing it.)

Archived