Jimmy Page to Release New Material this Year

The Pagemeister

I got to thinking that maybe JP should think outside of the box just slightly- maybe hook up with JPJ, consider the material, enlist a drummer like Stanton Moore (check him out if you haven't already), and move forward sans singer. The Backyard Birds? Double billed with Band of Joy? Can I get an Amen?

I got to thinking that maybe JP should think outside of the box just slightly- maybe hook up with JPJ, consider the material, enlist a drummer like Stanton Moore (check him out if you haven't already), and move forward sans singer. The Backyard Birds? Double billed with Band of Joy? Can I get an Amen?

Page hook up with JPJ now? That train has left the station and it ain't coming back.

Page double-billed with Band of Joy? We'd be lucky to have a Page/Plant lunch, let alone a Page/Plant launch.

IMHO Mr. Page is going to do something that will yet again dazzle us. :notworthy: Would you expect anything else? I just want to see him on the stage again...period!!

I agree. We'll just have to see what he has up his sleeves.

Having new management could be a good sign of things to come. :)

R B)

I don't have a clue how recording schedules work, but maybe they are hoping to get something out in time for the Christmas period (i.e. Christmas 2010, not 2020!). Does anyone have an idea where he would be recording, because he sold Sol Studios years ago, didn't he? UK or US studio?

Jimmy tends to keep things under wraps quite well and doesn't reveal the details until the time that is best for him. As far as getting this out by the end of the year, I think that's quite possible, since we don't know how far along he is on this project. I think it will materialize, since he's been talking much more about it, but without the specific details. Either way, I'm so looking forward to finally having some new Jimmy Page material in the new millennium...even though, it's already ten years into it.

Jimmy tends to keep things under wraps quite well and doesn't reveal the details until the time that is best for him. As far as getting this out by the end of the year, I think that's quite possible, since we don't know how far along he is on this project. I think it will materialize, since he's been talking much more about it, but without the specific details. Either way, I'm so looking forward to finally having some new Jimmy Page material in the new millennium...even though, it's already ten years into it.

Maybe some of the material that he recorded in jams with Jason and JPJ over the past year or so will materialize here along with other new songs. ???

R B)

Maybe some of the material that he recorded in jams with Jason and JPJ over the past year or so will materialize here along with other new songs. ???

R B)

Who knows? We shall see. Either way, I think this could be quite a promising project and release as we have no idea who is working with him on the album, guest musicians etc.

Who knows? We shall see. Either way, I think this could be quite a promising project and release as we have no idea who is working with him on the album, guest musicians etc.

Yes. It looks promising.

R B)

IMHO Mr. Page is going to do something that will yet again dazzle us. :notworthy: Would you expect anything else? I just want to see him on the stage again...period!!

I would like that too. John Paul & Robert can. Just a album would do. :mellow:

I lol'd at this whole thread.

Jimmy will do something when hes damn well ready, and if he doesn't, then he doesn't. He said he is, and yes that would be awesome and would be way above what Plant, Jones & Bonham are doing. We will have to be patient for this... NOW, lets all go talk and poke at a zeppelin reunion some more hahahaha.

Jimmy will do something when hes damn well ready, and if he doesn't, then he doesn't. He said he is, and yes that would be awesome and would be way above what Plant, Jones & Bonham are doing. We will have to be patient for this... NOW, lets all go talk and poke at a zeppelin reunion some more hahahaha.

Ha ha ha! Well done Mr Clairvoyant.

Jimmy will do something when hes damn well ready, and if he doesn't, then he doesn't. He said he is, and yes that would be awesome and would be way above what Plant, Jones & Bonham are doing.

So, just because it has Page's name attached to it it will automatically be "above what Plant, Jones & Bonham are doing"? That is, if it's ever released. No disrespect to Mr. Page but I'd have to hear it before passing judgement on it.

Why would it automatically be way above what the others are doing?

Come on Kneb, why so cynical? Surely Jimmy hasn't been talking up his new project all year for no reason, no?

Just experience. Fabio talked a good game before last night too :)

But seriously - I can't help but wonder if we'll ever hear this new project x

Come on Kneb, why so cynical? Surely Jimmy hasn't been talking up his new project all year for no reason, no?

Poor Fabio didn't have a happy birthday yersterday.

Stick a microphone in front of Jimmy these days and he's talking about his new project and even going so far as to say he wants to release it this year. I understand your feelings but you're a bigger cynic than me if you think he's just blowing smoke for the sake of ...what?

I have to think he went to the trouble of securing new management for a reason too, and it's probably not just to promote a book.

Archived