Jimmy Page to Release New Material this Year

The Pagemeister

It doesn't sound like he will be able to perform this music live or at least he hasn't figured out how yet.

He wants to do something "radical". The same picture but a different frame.

I have no idea what that means but I'm up for anything.

With Jimmys book being pushed back to September, does anyone else think this could be to coincide with an album/tour? ala Mothership/02 joy?

No, because 1) the reason has been stated, and 2) because Jimmy won't have an album or tour by September.

With Jimmys book being pushed back to September, does anyone else think this could be to coincide with an album/tour? ala Mothership/02 joy?

I was thinking that the push-back date for the book could be due to the inclusion of in-studio photos of the new album...

• 2 weeks later...

At least "JimmyPage.com is coming soon"...

Who's to say they aren't linked?

Considering the book has been delayed until Zeptember (the Northern Summer) and the "new" material apparently being released this year, what better way to promote them both and announce any future tours than on a website?

Led Zeppelin guitar god Jimmy Page has revealed to BBC 6Music that he is working on new material in the studio to be released this year. The project will mark Page's first studio appearance since Jerry Lee Lewis's Last Man Standing in 2006 and his first album since his 1998 collaboration with Robert Plant, Walking into Clarksdale.

"I'm just looking forward to making some music and surprising people with it," he said. "It won't be just teaming up with lots of people who are [big] names. I've got an idea of something which I've had for a long time and now's the time to do it."

READ MORE

Sounds really exciting! B) Can't wait to see what he comes up with! I am definitely going to be on the look out for it! This album is definitely going on my Christmas list (if it is released by that time that is!) Thanks for posting this Pagemeister and hey, keep us all updated will ya? ;)

Archived