Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Kashmir_montreal

YES / ELP performing at the O2

I just heard on the radio that members of Yes and E.L.P. will open before Zeppelin gets on stage with 1 song.. Fanfare for the common man...

Opps.. I see that it has already been posted... Sorry for the double post...

It's already on another thread "Super-Opener" but the opening band will consist of Keith Emerson (EL&P), Chris Squire (YES), Simon Kirke (Bad Company), and Alan White (YES) with some horns. Double drums.

Rick Wakeman was going to be in the band but he dropped out due to a prior commitment when the gig was rescheduled.....too bad. Emerson & Wakeman combo would have been interesting.

Hey, great, Yes and ELP together. I think that band needs a name that includes the letters from both groups, something like....

SLEEPY

What do you think?

OK, OK, I'm quite into Yes really.....

ELP? Sleepy?

I find them quite exciting, actually. Keith Emerson is without a doubt the greatest keyboardist ever. But an Emerson/Wakeman combo... wow, that would have been amazing.

Regardless... I would love a recording of this as well.

I just heard on the radio that members of Yes and E.L.P. will open before Zeppelin gets on stage with 1 song.. Fanfare for the common man...

As in Zep's intro music? Now that would show how special Led Zeppelin are. No poxy intro TAPE for them, no sir! :D

Imo with -bill wyman and the rhythm kings, foreigner etc. it will be a tribute to -ahmet ertegun and thats it....even though its getting worldwide attention, it seems to be a small thing really. It could have been blown up to a -lollapalozza, or some televised something.