The (Real) Football Thread

dig zoso

Seattle's been granted an MLS expansion team!! :cheer:

Sure,.. watching MLS is like watching youth soccer compared to EPL, Serie A, Bundeslega, and just every other professional league around the globe,. but hey.. its the best thing goin' in the US right now so.. well.. we'll take what we can get. *CLICK* ^_^

Thank God for Fox Soccer Channel!

My portal to international futbal galore!!

:beer:

:( I don't have Fox Soccer Channel. I settle for horrible quality internet streams, but it beats nothing!

aww, zoso,.. thats too bad. :console:

FSN is truly awesome. You might wanna ask your cable provider

what it would take to get it added to the list of available channels.

Oh well,.. internet streams it is then.. for now, eh? :)

Do you have a team.. MLS or otherwise.. that you like to follow?

aww, zoso,.. thats too bad. :console:

FSN is truly awesome. You might wanna ask your cable provider

what it would take to get it added to the list of available channels.

Oh well,.. internet streams it is then.. for now, eh? :)

Do you have a team.. MLS or otherwise.. that you like to follow?

The thing is, I'm at college now, so I don't have much control over the channels. Occasionally there will be a survey handed out asking if there are any channels we wish we had...usually nothing changes, though.

I'm a Liverpool supporter, so geography is another hurdle! Luckily, ESPN2 occasionally shows Champions League matches, so tuesday when we play Marseilles, I'll actually get to watch on a television! I just wish that fact weren't such a novelty to me, yeah?

But enough of my complaining...no matter what the quality, I'm so thankful to be able to watch.

Seattle's been granted an MLS expansion team!! :cheer:

Sure,.. watching MLS is like watching youth soccer compared to EPL, Serie A, Bundeslega, and just every other professional league around the globe,. but hey.. its the best thing goin' in the US right now so.. well.. we'll take what we can get. *[url=http://homepage.mac.com/joediver/.Public/wavs/pythrejoice.wav]CLICK* ^_^

Nah, I think the NFL still kicks soccers ass

Hell, I think my little brothers 6th grade basketball league kicks soccers ass.

But thats just me, a kid raised on (real) football, talking B)

Nah, I think the NFL still kicks soccers ass

Hell, I think my little brothers 6th grade basketball league kicks soccers ass.

But thats just me, a kid raised on (real) football, talking B)

first of all,.. learn how to properly quote. ..kid. :rolleyes:

secondly,.. in the context of soccer.. you know, the subject of

this thread,.. the MLS is the best thing going in the US right now.

thirdly,.. I agree.. the NFL is more exciting than the MLS. Now smeg off, MasterChief :P

"REAL FOOTBALL"

:hysterical::hysterical:

are you man enough to take that standing, Del?

huh,.. are ya?

I don't think so.

I bet you'd be on the ground crying for your momma. :P

she'd send your wife running out of the stands and onto the pitch to..

21102.jpg

..put a band-aid on it, for ya.

eh?

:whistling:

:hysterical::hysterical:

first of all,.. learn how to properly quote. ..kid. :rolleyes:

secondly,.. in the context of soccer.. you know, the subject of

this thread,.. the MLS is the best thing going in the US right now.

thirdly,.. I agree.. the NFL is more exciting than the MLS. Now smeg off, MasterChief :P

First of all, I'll quote however I want to thanks

Secondly, soccer fans have posted about soccer in our football threads before, I just wanted to put my input in here

Thirdly, you wish you were Master Chief B)

;)

:thumbsup: Cheers; I'm excited for tomorrow! Hopefully all of Rafa's subbing from last match will pay off!

Oh gawd, I hope so......................but I always fear the worse. I'm gonna have to gave gallons of beer beforehand to calm the nerves.

I'm not confident after Saturday. :(

Who's your team, may I ask?

Oh gawd, I hope so......................but I always fear the worse. I'm gonna have to gave gallons of beer beforehand to calm the nerves.

I'm not confident after Saturday. :(

Who's your team, may I ask?

Oh, sorry if that wasn't clear; I'm a Liverpool fan!

I tend to be far more optimistic when it comes to sports than maybe I ought to. Makes it hurt even more when you end up with stuff like Saturday's match rather than a nice win.

Oh, sorry if that wasn't clear; I'm a Liverpool fan!

Oh cool. A brother Red. :D

I tend to be far more optimistic when it comes to sports than maybe I ought to. Makes it hurt even more when you end up with stuff like Saturday's match rather than a nice win.

That it does. I always (well mostly) try and look at it from a pessimistic angle. That way I don't get too cocky.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow................although having said that it won't be the end of the world if we don't get through. We'll concentrate on the Premiership instead and we tend to play better the second half of the season. At least we aren't way behind the pace already this time around.

Pst, I missed your other post when you said you're a Liverpool fan. I've just read it now.

Ha! :) What's funny is that I really wasn't reading that closely at all, so instead saw it as "another" Red! No worries either way!

LOL. :D

Have you ever been to Anfield by the way? I used to have a season ticket for years on the old Kop (back in the 1980s and early 1990s).

If you haven't been to Anfield, you should try and make it over before they demolish it and move to the new stadium.

Have you ever been to Anfield by the way? I used to have a season ticket for years on the old Kop (back in the 1980s and early 1990s).

If you haven't been to Anfield, you should try and make it over before they demolish it and move to the new stadium.

Extremely unfortunately, I haven't been to Anfield. :'(

And I can't even, I dunno, look dramatically up at the sky, shake my fist and say, "Sometime in my life, I'll be standing on the Kop"...because I don't have my whole life; the demolition seems like it's approaching so quickly! But if there's ever a chance, you can be sure I'll take it! That's terrific that you had a season ticket there; I can't pretend not to be envious.

Archived