Bath Festival 1970

BillyMacQ

A taper just uploaded an audience recording from the Bath Festival, which based on the sample provided sounds like a significant upgrade over previously available sources. Check it out at Dime a Dozen.

Love,

Billy

A taper just uploaded an audience recording from the Bath Festival, which based on the sample provided sounds like a significant upgrade over previously available sources. Check it out at Dime a Dozen.

Love,

Billy

Cheers !

Definitely better than what I had, runs a little fast.

Different generation but not different source. <--- I think this is correct terminology.

here's some notes

This maybe a 2nd gen copy of my original master. If so recorded on Sony TC50 cassette deck with Sony Stereo Mike.

12 feet in air on a pole about 200 yds from center stage.

I have avoided this show because of the sound quality, this far...the legend that this show is, I had to get to it at some point. Listening to it right now and the quality is bearable :) big thanks for getting this out, the band seems to have been on fire.

Wow, this is a significant upgrade from the version of the show I have. I will definitely have to get my hands on this version! If the SQ on youtube is that good just imagine what it will sound like in FLAC!

Thanks a bunch Conney, you post some awesome links!

I always thought there was some fishy about that flag! :rolleyes:

35709_1487137546844_1486101757_1266564_6787195_n.jpg

Hope whoever the selfish t**t with the umberella was did'nt try to put it up if it rained............Enjoy the rain and don't block people's view............. I saw The Who in the rain a couple of years ago and somebody a little way in front of me managed to get their brolly up for about 10 seconds before it became an ex-umberella. .

Hope whoever the selfish t**t with the umberella was did'nt try to put it up if it rained............

Oh it rained. And rained. And at night it was bloody cold. :freezing:

You couldn't see much at outdoor festivals in those days unless you were right down front, anyway, or unless the ground sloped upward, which it didn't at Bath--stages not raised as high as they are today, no big video screens.

Oh it rained. And rained. And at night it was bloody cold. :freezing:

You couldn't see much at outdoor festivals in those days unless you were right down front, anyway, or unless the ground sloped upward, which it didn't at Bath--stages not raised as high as they are today, no big video screens.

Just out of interest how much did the ticket cost in new money? Not being cheeky! :ph34r:

I passed this by as it didnt say upgrade in the title and I thought well I already have and heard that and it wasnt too great (sound wise of course). But looks like there is some speed issues, some guy posted that he is mastering it with some speed correction/EQ and hopefully that gets posted soon.

Fifty shillings, eh? Two pounds ten! That would have been quite a lot at the time (I do have my Dylan RAH ticket which cost 7/6d) though I don't know what it would be in new money--probably a bargain, given the way concert prices have risen, and the hugely expensive packages available at festivals these days.

The dadgad remastered is the best version yet.

A new touched up version with 2nd source patched in was posted on dime, I wonder if its better than dadgad. FOr now Im getting dadgags as his work on previous stuff has been great.

Archived