www.jimmypage.com

hecube

I think it would be cool if he set up a Q&A section. Not a direct interface with the hoi polloi, hell no, but something where we could submit questions, and then he or his ghost-writer could sift through them and choose which ones to answer - maybe 5 or 6 per month, if he could manage that.

He could even put up a list of forbidden topics, so that we didn't waste our time.

i actually suggested that to the admins the other day.

haven't heard anything back tho ..........

I agree as well. I will occasionally go to a few other sites just to see what is there, but this site is where I spend 90% of my leisure computer time. Many great people I have met here understand my passion, most of my friends just don't relate to it. They love to listen to music, but they are not really interested in learning about music. :peace:

I completely understand and relate. I am the only one of my friends to really like Zeppelin since it is not normally a group that anyone my age and gender listens to. It is a lot of fun coming here, interacting with fellow Zep fans. Having said that, I also say HELL NO! to a forum on Jimmy's site. I doubt very seriously that he is one bit interested in what we have to say about every nuance of his career.

I completely understand and relate. I am the only one of my friends to really like Zeppelin since it is not normally a group that anyone my age and gender listens to. It is a lot of fun coming here, interacting with fellow Zep fans. Having said that, I also say HELL NO! to a forum on Jimmy's site. I doubt very seriously that he is one bit interested in what we have to say about every nuance of his career.

I also agree. It is fun coming here and I have met many wonderful people here. A couple of my closest friends I met on here. I feel the same way, many people my age don't really care about Zep or Jimmy. I do not want a forum on his site. I told them that it would cheapen it, as it is already so elegant, (also there are many people 'not quite all there' that should not have close access to Jimmy, though the site would be somewhat monitared hopefully.) While I don't want a forum there, a Q & A section as suggested above might be interesting for him. I am happy someone sent that suggestion.

• 2 years later...

The last post here was over two years ago, so that's more than two years for the jimmypage.com website to evolve. I think it has its good points and it's problems - I'm glad it's there, but I don't check it much any more since the On This Days are almost always repeats. Of course, if I had to figure out my own On This Day for my life, I'd get pretty bored with doing it, too, so I'm not even complaining.

However... I sure wish that there was more input into the site. I like the idea of a Q&A section posted above by bouillon.

Let's be honest - we all had such high hopes and wild expectations when Jimmy's site first launched.

I know I did. Oh the possibilities - I thought. Jimmy is brilliant and surely his new web site would reflect

his magical sense and musical creativity...

Wrong!

SteveAJones said a long time ago that all entries where written long ago when they started repeating and his web site was now a black hole. I am beginning to believe this as much as I don't want too. I really don't believe that anyone really cares about his web site anymore. This makes me sad to say, and I am the first to say I am hoping to be proved wrong. I still check daily, but with much less hope now.

SteveAJones said a long time ago that all entries where written long ago when they started repeating and his web site was now a black hole. I am beginning to believe this as much as I don't want too. I really don't believe that anyone really cares about his web site anymore. This makes me sad to say, and I am the first to say I am hoping to be proved wrong. I still check daily, but with much less hope now.

I too check the site daily in hopes that something new will appear in the news section. Unfortunately the most recent entry in the news section is dated 15 May 2012. I guess that I just can't accept the fact that Jimmy is retired from creating brand new music.

Archived