www.jimmypage.com

hecube

• 1 month later...

Well we now know that the website is not tied to the book's release which came and went this last Monday...

Well, since the book completely sold out, I guess there's no reason to promote it on his web site. Could be interesting what Jimmy decides to promote on his site. We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

Requiring all registrants to provide their full birthdate suggests the site's primary purpose is to market and not necessarily inform.

Still interesting in that there's no need to market the book; it's sold out. Might there be something else to market soon?

I can tell you who registered the domain - Im a web savy person and tracked the domain to this person as the administrative contact.

John Wilk

PO Box 459

Drums, PA 18222 USA

I doubt a guy in Pennsylvania would be doing Jimmys Site, but you never know? At the same time, I can't imagine Jimmy Page would easily relinquish his domain name i.e. JimmyPage.com to anyone, and would probably have been advised years ago to buy his domain name sake to keep others from doing so. On this assumption, Im thinking possibly he is launching a site. The only real site has always been JimmyPageOnline which is a fan site, so this leads me to believe yes, he may be launching his own site. The Pennsylvania thing is a stumper. There are a lot of great web designers in England and LA etc, dont know why he'd pick someone randomly from PA unless its a friend.

Now just another little bit of online tracking and I've come up with the hosting company as MagicServe.net which is London Based, so this would be interesting and suggest that you wouldnt be using a UK based hosting company if your were in USA. So we will all have to keep guessing for now.

ACTUALLY, I'VE HAD TO EDIT THIS THREE TIMES NOW. If you lookup LedZeppelin.Com it has the same administrative address.

Now, this does suggest to me that it is an OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF JIMMY PAGE COMING SOON. Hopefully, I will be singing with him....lol

AND NOW IM CERTAIN ITS REAL...Because if you sign up to the newsletter it redirects to a page that gives iemusic.co.uk which is Jimmys New Management Company as far as I know.

Wise Man Say "Dont Ever Assume Anything Grasshopper":blahblah:

=============================

I 'cached' the page and copied it over to here. This looks like an initial layout. Perhaps his new management have encouraged him to go online with his own site.

Coming Soon!

Why am I seeing this 'Under Construction' page?

nav-right.gifPopular Categories:

nav-left.gif

left-nav-nav.gif

• Administrators

Not sure what all the debate is about. To confirm: yes, the domain jimmypage.com is owned by Jimmy Page, which we obtained from a cyber-squatter years ago. The registrar address is part of LZ's legal department (and is the same as LZ.com).

If asked, I would suggest SteveAJones write Jimmy's bio on his new website.

Who better qualified? I know it would be accurate, informative, and up to the minute.

I would ask 75,000 words or less.

I agree. Sam for the site and SteveAJones to write his bio (if requested).

R B)

I agree. Sam for the site and SteveAJones to write his bio (if requested).

R B)

I would have the highly literate, articulate, brilliantly knowledgeable Mr S A Jones write a biography of Led Zeppelin. It would be the only book about the group that you could guarantee would be 100% accurate. SAJ would be as well to do it because it occurred to me that other people could feasibly write a book about Zeppelin, and use the resources on this site to save themselves having to do their own independent research (just a thoughtB) ).

I would have the highly literate, articulate, brilliantly knowledgeable Mr S A Jones write a biography of Led Zeppelin. It would be the only book about the group that you could guarantee would be 100% accurate. SAJ would be as well to do it because it occurred to me that other people could feasibly write a book about Zeppelin, and use the resources on this site to save themselves having to do their own independent research (just a thoughtB) ).

I have a feeling SAJ's book would be a bit too detailed. 14 inches thick, with every page mired in details such as what restaurant they ate at, how much the bill was, the name of the waiter, the name of the cab driver who dropped them off, where that cab driver went next, what the band had for dessert, etc.

Might read more like a biology textbook than an autobiography! :lol:

Archived