www.jimmypage.com

hecube

Well, much truth is said in jest. It's a little like what Page and Plant used to say in the early days of Zeppelin, about how their music caught on so when the music press wasn't following them: they literally said their music was like a good joint that got passed around. Think of the forums like this 'official' one and beyond, then multiply that by the word of mouth — I've mentioned it to family and friends, shown them the site, sent the link, etc. So it is a sort of viral grass roots marketing effort, but it's also kind of subtle and even thoughtful too. Like Jimmy's reaching out to us loyalists first. Makes us feel like we're "in the know," even if we're "in the dark" still. At some point "all will be revealed," and we'll all be "in the light." ;-)

Good thoughts there man.

Cheers!

Well, much truth is said in jest. It's a little like what Page and Plant used to say in the early days of Zeppelin, about how their music caught on so when the music press wasn't following them: they literally said their music was like a good joint that got passed around. Think of the forums like this 'official' one and beyond, then multiply that by the word of mouth — I've mentioned it to family and friends, shown them the site, sent the link, etc. So it is a sort of viral grass roots marketing effort, but it's also kind of subtle and even thoughtful too. Like Jimmy's reaching out to us loyalists first. Makes us feel like we're "in the know," even if we're "in the dark" still. At some point "all will be revealed," and we'll all be "in the light." ;-)

Well said - indeed. Hate to think Jimmy would be part of this marketing scheme but can't say it hadn't crossed my mind. Its all about collecting email addresses and data to use to cross-market. Unfortunately what used to be enjoyed via shplif (sp?) is now called "going viral" - "did ya hear that?"

Archived