www.jimmypage.com

hecube

I really like Jimmy's new website, particularly the "On This Day" feature.

I liked the comments made by Jimmy about his impressions of what happened on the day, almost like notes from his personal diary. The Duane Eddy interview of Jimmy about Les Paul was personally meaningful to me as I saw Duane play at the Les Paul Tribute Concert in Cleveland a few years back (too bad that Jimmy wasn't there, too!).

The website was just inaugurated today, give it a chance to evolve. Looks like a lot of hard work went into it. Also seems like Jimmy had a lot of personal input with its content. Nothing is perfect at first. I personally am happy just to finally have another source of information (that is coming from the man himself) and another connection with my favorite, Jimmy. I am thrilled that Jimmy is embracing this technology to propogate his legacy and to hopefully promote his future endeavors. Just be patient, I feel that the best is yet to come. This is just the beginning.

I have to admit I'm a l bit disappointed with jimmypage.com. Like most people I was very excited (waiting for the hourglass to empty)... I thought he would announce tour dates or post new music. The biggest let down is that the site has no videos or music. However, the photo galleries are pretty cool. Hopefully he will add a multimedia page.

I think Jimmy's new website is a great beginning to what is sure to become a favorite stop on the electronic highway. It does need tweeking and fine tuning but that will take time and positive input from those in the know. Give it time to grow.

I knew some would have high expectations and feel a dissatisfaction on the first day. Surely more is to come as this is the first stepping stone to a new road to follow.

I really don't expect the site to have a forum as there are plenty of forums out there for Zeppelin fans to partake in, most notably this one.

Good luck to you Jimmy and I look forward to what is in store for the future.

I really don't expect the site to have a forum as there are plenty of forums out there for Zeppelin fans to partake in, most notably this one.

Good luck to you Jimmy and I look forward to what is in store for the future.

Agreed.

I love Jimmy's first official site so much.Seeing through the site,color and atmosphere and photos,everything is so beautiful!!

In addition,I'm personally glad and relieved that Scarlet and Tom Brown(Jimmy's son-in-law)are credited on.com.I secretly wished that they would be involved with Jimmy's official site(Ross Halfin too,of course!).Jimmy is supposed to be very happy on working with them.Anyway,I expect more photos and info will be added soon. :)

If you get to your Account Page and you do not see a box that says "My Account" and "Edit My Account", then you may need to unblock any cookie restrictions for the JP website.

After I unblocked all cookies for the JP site, I was then able to go the Live section and the other sections.

Also, you can use the Back button on your computer to easily go back the page you were on, ie in the Live concerts listings, instead of starting at the beginning again....

Really love the new website. Been waiting for Jimmy to put up a site since....oh, back when Al Gore invented the internet!:P

Nice, clean design. Easy to navigate. Wonderful photos (more, please!!!), the live section is great. It's cool to be able to tag the shows you attended and see who else was there. Diggin' that!!!

Checking out the main page and what a treat it was to be greeted by Les Paul and Mary Ford doing "Bye Bye Blues". Classy touch.

Like everyone else here, I see some errors in the live chronology (Live Aid and the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary dates are conspicuously missing...) and the site is still bare of audio and video. I hope they will add some rare goodies for us soon.

And yeah, I'd dearly love to see a forum. Dropped the webmaster a note today with a few corrections. I'm sure they are swamped but all will be fixed up in a Jimmy...er, jiffy!

No I didn't say there was a forum, but you can e-mail your feedback to the webmasters.

In the NEWS SECTION, down at the bottom after you scroll down thru the Live and Photo bits, you'll see where you can submit feedback and any questions about difficulties regarding the site.

Day 2

I'm completely bored with the official Jimmy Page site. Good to see Montreux is no longer in France.

Well, despite our high expectations, Jimmy's new site is really no different than any web site out there.

Once you visit it a couple of times and go through its content - what else do you have until the site updates

with new stuff? Nothing really! And Jimmy's site is so short on really interesting stuff - like the multi-media things

he SHOULD have had for instance. So yes, all the anticipation has calmed and the boredom creep has reared its

ugly head until Jimmy decides to step it up regarding new material.

IMO, and this is in no way to demean the site, Jimmy should not have launched his site with such drama unless

there was enough "bang" to keep us amped for days and days. I like the site, it has some cool stuff, but nowhere near the

exciting things I was hoping for. I find myself wanting to talk endlessly about Jimmy's revelations but find no words

because its all been seen and said before. He has to post some new songs and concert dates for us to really get talking!

Funny, I kinda miss the magic hourglass already....

444 < > Jimmy we love you!

Day 2

I'm completely bored with the official Jimmy Page site. Good to see Montreux is no longer in France.

Oh no, SAJ, you're gonna catch hell for that one! You must drink the kool aid, you must drink the kool aid, you must...

:P

I'm not bored with it, but like one poster said before theres only so much you can get out of a web site man.

Honestly I cant say when I last visited Roberts site, or JPJ's for that matter. Hmmm now that I think of it maybe I should...sometime lol. But I know it probably wont be a long stay for either and it usually never is until some big announcement comes along.

I think I'll keep this site in context and enjoy it for what it is, A first step. Btw theres a new "On this day"! from 1984.

Hey Jimmy has his own web site! :D

Well, despite our high expectations, Jimmy's new site is really no different than any web site out there.

Once you visit it a couple of times and go through its content - what else do you have until the site updates

with new stuff? Nothing really! And Jimmy's site is so short on really interesting stuff - like the multi-media things

he SHOULD have had for instance. So yes, all the anticipation has calmed and the boredom creep has reared its

ugly head until Jimmy decides to step it up regarding new material.

IMO, and this is in no way to demean the site, Jimmy should not have launched his site with such drama unless

there was enough "bang" to keep us amped for days and days. I like the site, it has some cool stuff, but nowhere near the

exciting things I was hoping for. I find myself wanting to talk endlessly about Jimmy's revelations but find no words

because its all been seen and said before. He has to post some new songs and concert dates for us to really get talking!

Funny, I kinda miss the magic hourglass already....

444 < > Jimmy we love you!

I think all of us here (in the Zeppelin Forum) must keep in mind that much of the purpose of Jimmy's new site is to generate interest and excitement among the general public. The buildup and suspense of the launch was designed to grow interest, and get more and more fans telling their friends, liking on Facebook, tweeting, and whatever the heck else they do. Now that the site is live, we here at the Led Zep Forums can contribute to its growth and fine tuning by sending feedback and corrections through the form on the site. By adding our names to the concerts we attended, and listing our fave albums, we add to the buzz of the site. We are the early adopters, the "beta-testers" if you will. Rest assured more and more people will find out about it. It will be written up in all the music mags, will be on some news shows, and I expect we'll see Jimmy on some late night shows and such, jamming with whomever and chatting a bit. He has something in store, some new music projects coming soon. I think that's pretty obvious, and will we ever be talking when he starts those announcements!

I think all of us here (in the Zeppelin Forum) must keep in mind that much of the purpose of Jimmy's new site is to generate interest and excitement among the general public. The buildup and suspense of the launch was designed to grow interest, and get more and more fans telling their friends, liking on Facebook, tweeting, and whatever the heck else they do. Now that the site is live, we here at the Led Zep Forums can contribute to its growth and fine tuning by sending feedback and corrections through the form on the site. By adding our names to the concerts we attended, and listing our fave albums, we add to the buzz of the site. We are the early adopters, the "beta-testers" if you will. Rest assured more and more people will find out about it. It will be written up in all the music mags, will be on some news shows, and I expect we'll see Jimmy on some late night shows and such, jamming with whomever and chatting a bit. He has something in store, some new music projects coming soon. I think that's pretty obvious, and will we ever be talking when he starts those announcements!

Very well said SCD...I share your optimism and hopes. Jimmy will surprise us all I'm sure.

444 <>

I don't see why he would. He had to probably sign off on there being a forum on this "the official Led Zeppelin site" and there are already plenty of Jimmy Page threads already. So on that basis what exactly would another forum serve?

I don't see the point or reason why Jimmy would even consider adding a forum to his site. It's not needed as we have one here and serves the purpose. Not just to have one.

My friends and I have done this...and when we submitted our suggestions for improvements and corrections, in our feedback we always made a point to mention those site features that we do like.

I don't see the point or reason why Jimmy would even consider adding a forum to his site. It's not needed as we have one here and serves the purpose. Not just to have one.

I agree with this.

I agree as well. I will occasionally go to a few other sites just to see what is there, but this site is where I spend 90% of my leisure computer time. Many great people I have met here understand my passion, most of my friends just don't relate to it. They love to listen to music, but they are not really interested in learning about music. :peace:

I agree as well. I will occasionally go to a few other sites just to see what is there, but this site is where I spend 90% of my leisure computer time. Many great people I have met here understand my passion, most of my friends just don't relate to it. They love to listen to music, but they are not really interested in learning about music. :peace:

Definitely in agreement with you Debs. :thumbsup: And as far as your friends go, well that's their loss. :thumbdown:

I don't agree. I think there would be plenty of advantages to a JP.com forum. If Page, in the future, decides he should tour, it would be cool to bring the attendees together in discussion, rather than only placing them there. Perhaps it would give Page a chance to clear up any discrepancies, if he should choose to do so. After all, the man of the shadows, now seems to be bathing in the light. It would accommodate the current theme of the open book.

I think it would be cool if he set up a Q&A section. Not a direct interface with the hoi polloi, hell no, but something where we could submit questions, and then he or his ghost-writer could sift through them and choose which ones to answer - maybe 5 or 6 per month, if he could manage that.

He could even put up a list of forbidden topics, so that we didn't waste our time.

Archived