Eric Claptons Crossroads 2010

EzyEric

Best of the best in the guitar/blues world. Anyone going? I got lucky and got tickets. (It sold out in less than 10 mins)

http://www.crossroadsguitarfestival.com/

UPDATE: More go on sale today at 5 central - See link above

Schedule:

11:50A – 12:15P Sonny Landreth

12:20P – 12:55P Robert Randolply joined by Joe Bonamassa, & Pino Daneile

1P – 1:40P Robert Cray with Jimmie Vaughan, & Hubert Sumlin

1:45P – 2P Bert Jansch

2:05P – 2:20P Stefan Grossman

2:25P – 2:50P ZZ Top

3P – 3:40P Doyle Bramhall joined by Gary Clark, Sheryl Crow

3:50P – 4:35P Vince Gill joined by Albert Lee, James Burton, Keb Mo

4:45P – 5P Citizen Cope

5:05P – 5:20P Earl Klugh

5:25P – 5:50P John Mayer

6P – 6:35P Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang

6:45P – 7:35P Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band joined by Warren Haynes, Sheryl Crow, David Hidalgo, Cesar Rojas, & Johnny Winter

7:45P – 8:20P Jeff Beck

8:35P – 10:05P Eric Clapton with Steve Winwood

10:10P – 10:30P BB King with Robert Cray Band

10:30P – 10:50P FINALE

Edited by EzyEric

I was most looking forward to The Allman Brothers band as Warren Haynes is my fav active guitarist and hes not done a Crossroads yet. But they dropped out cause Greg Allman is recovering from surgery so its Derek Trucks and Susan T Band with Warren, Im cool with that. But I was hoping for a face melting In Memory of Elizabeth Reed or Whipping Post.

Im now most looking forward to:

- Joe Bonamassa (easily best new bluesman this millenium)

- Robert Randolph

- ZZ Top

- Doyle B III

- Buddy Guy

- Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes

- Jeff Beck

- Clapton w/ Winwood (highlight of Crossroads 2007 dvd)

- Any major sit ins

Best of the best in the guitar/blues world. Anyone going? I got lucky and got tickets. (It sold out in less than 10 mins)

http://www.crossroadsguitarfestival.com/

UPDATE: More go on sale today at 5 central - See link above

Schedule:

11:50A – 12:15P Sonny Landreth

12:20P – 12:55P Robert Randolply joined by Joe Bonamassa, & Pino Daneile

1P – 1:40P Robert Cray with Jimmie Vaughan, & Hubert Sumlin

1:45P – 2P Bert Jansch

2:05P – 2:20P Stefan Grossman

2:25P – 2:50P ZZ Top

3P – 3:40P Doyle Bramhall joined by Gary Clark, Sheryl Crow

3:50P – 4:35P Vince Gill joined by Albert Lee, James Burton, Keb Mo

4:45P – 5P Citizen Cope

5:05P – 5:20P Earl Klugh

5:25P – 5:50P John Mayer

6P – 6:35P Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang

6:45P – 7:35P Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band joined by Warren Haynes, Sheryl Crow, David Hidalgo, Cesar Rojas, & Johnny Winter

7:45P – 8:20P Jeff Beck

8:35P – 10:05P Eric Clapton with Steve Winwood

10:10P – 10:30P BB King with Robert Cray Band

10:30P – 10:50P FINALE (Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and EC???)

:)

That is an amazing list of artists. The one I would like to see the most is Joe Bonamassa. He is an awsome guitarist. He has put his old friend "Goldie" up for auction to benefit the cause.

Have fun Ezyeric and Insanemfr. Lucky you. It should be a great show. I expect a full report upon your arrival home to the forum.

Have a great time, everyone who's going!

You are in for a treat!

The show will probably be recorded and shown on PBS, as the other Crossroads Festivals have been in the past.

The previous two DVD releases were sold as three separate versions (with bonus discs at Sam's/Walmart, Target and Best Buy). The 2nd volume had a third limited edition bonus DVD (of unshown footage from Crossroads festival with Jeff Beck, Clapton and Albert Lee).

R B)

It was the best day of music in my life. As a huge fan of guitar/blues I was in heaven.

Highlights for me:

- Sonny Landrith starting the show out smoking

- Robert Randolph with Joe Bonnamassa

- Buddy Guy with Ron Wood and Jonny Lang (who had one of the most smoking solos of the evening)

- Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes

- Jeff Beck (my fav set overall, his bass player was scary good)

- Claptons set/sit ins

I am glad you had a great time at the Crossroads Festival, EzyEric!

Here is a review of the show:

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010: It was HOT HOT HOT!

IMG_3070_0.JPG xroads_day_2_028.jpg IMG_3249.JPG IMG_3175.JPG

Hot as the day was, the music at Crossroads Festival Chicago was even hotter. Starting with a sizzling duet between Sonny Landreth and Eric, the festival was a fusion of eclectic guitarism, underpinned by top production, sound, and a festval that stuck impressively to its tight timetable.

The sun shone down but the stars were out to play. Where else could you get John Mayer and Sheryl Crow alongside Earl Klugh, Citizen Cope and Stefan Grossman? Bridgeview Chicago, from whence compere for the day, Bill Murray, intoduced acts with his usual variety of costumes and dry wit - "you guys take it easy out there because passing out (in the heat) will NOT get you backstage!" Sadly the remark was lost in translation on some of the crowd who suffered from too much hot Chicago sun, but at least the threatened thunderstorms stayed well away.

Early highlights included Robert Randolph and Joe Bonamassa on stage together, ZZ Top, who piled in with hits and glitz and the John Mayer trio, who had the tightest rhythm section of the day in EC allumni Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino. This reporter particularly enjoyed the Derek Trucks band featuring Susan Tedeschi who elevated Leon Russel's Live Together into anthemic status.

Surprise guest Ronnie Wood, who earlier in the day was avidly watching the USA sadly crash out of the football World Cup to lowly Ghana in the artistes' lounge, was clearly enjoying himself on stage alongside local hero Buddy Guy and the eternally youthful Jonny Lang.

Eric's own set, had Jeff Beck and Steve Winwood reprising their recent collaborations and guitar work on Voodoo Chile that reminded the crowd who was the host of the day.

In a somewhat subdued ending. BB King led an all star cast, which at one point included all 94 guitarists on stage, in some familiar blues classics.

(From whereseric.com.)

My link

Eric is playing in Cincinnati tomorrow at Riverbend with Roger Daltrey. Just for the heck of it, I checked Ticketmaster today to see if tickets were still available. They had tickets in row B, center section, 7 rows from the stage! I was shocked that such good seats were still available! So I couldn't pass them up and bought 2 tickets! I will skip lunch tomorrow and move my afternoon patients up to earlier appointments so that I can get there in time to see Roger. It takes about 2 hours in rush hour traffic to get to Cinci from Columbus. I wouldn't buy tickets at the last minute like this to see many other artists, but the weather forecast is for sun, high temps in the 70's, the seats are fantastic, and I was just there last week for Jeff and it is a fairly easy drive to get there. Any other forum members going? Good seats are still available!

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Thanks for the info, Levee!

I hope that it is shown in Columbus.

Here is a photo from the Clapton concert in Cinci on Wednesday. It was a good show. Roger Daltrey was great! I really enjoyed his performance, and Simon Townsend was really rockin'. Eric played an extended version of "Badge"that was really fantastic. He played long, extended jams on alot of the songs, and I think that he had a good time at the show, as well as did the audience!

045.jpg